Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort
Ranked #200 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Derry, New Hampshire
“OMG”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I thought that by stayign here for our kids would be so exciting! we checked in to find that the lack lustre employees could care less to help us, but that is not why I feel this way about this place. The water park was fun for the kids, but the Hotel itself was a nightmare, the walls were so paper thin that it was like sharing your room with the people on both sides of you and behind you! It was so loud until so late, that I snuck into the bath tub, yes bathtub people, to call the Residence Inn at 11:30pm. I told them that we could not sleep because it was so rowdy at this hotel, they told me to head over first thing in the am. We did, we called at taxi @ 6am the next morning and they saved or vacation! If you do not like sleep, or do not mind a certain "type" of hotel guests, then have fun! But, if you are a "normal" family, who like to go,go,go during the day and then relax in your room at night, then stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else! Trust me!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank amcc1983
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, 4 September 2016
Dear amcc1983,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the challenges you faced during your stay with us. We strive to provide you with excellent service from check in through check out and I am disappointed we were not able to meet that goal. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews are shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver.

I would like to discuss this in more detail so we can take immediate action to correct the areas you mentioned. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can restore your confidence in us and provide you with a quick resolution.

Andy.Holt@cocokeyorlando.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
  • Polish first
Ashford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

stayed for one night we were going on to another place check in was simple and easy enough helpful staff found room easy and it was a very nice and clean room the only trouble was it had a very bad damp and musky smell and u cant leave any windows or doors open because we was on the ground floor.we went to the pool and bar area to get a drink and somethink to eat and it was all very nice and makes u think it would be a nice place to bring children the only let down was the smell in the room they need to sort it with a extractor fan or airing the room it realy does let it down

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, 10 September 2016
Hello Joe W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews were shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver.

We appreciate your continued business and if I can be of any assistance on your next reservations do not hesitate to email me directly.

Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Had the groupon special. Been here twice and thats enough. No parking either time. Had to circle the place for 45 mins and everyone races to one spot that would open. Have to wait in line at least 30 mins to get a bracelet to go in. Saw a sign that said they let almost 700 people in this small waterpark and I believe it too.Then have to wait in line to have your bag inspected. Not nearly enough seating. Like a review said before there is plenty of space for more seating. The coolest waterslides are not in shaded area and this area is very crowded. The shaded area is more for kids 5 and under. I also had to wait close to 25 mins each time for a soda and 2 personal size cheese pizza's at the pizza hut inside. Two visits is enough to know how things are here. Expected more. Would never pay $25.00 for 1 person.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Opal1013
Dear Opal1013,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I picked the hotel to have fun with my family. We stayed in two rooms. The busy weekend of the year Feb. 24-28. It rooms were nice, comfortable, spacious and clean. I ordered room service-it was warm and good. The breakfast and dinner buffet had a large selection of food. The staff was very curtious and helpful. My son loved your arcade. The waterpark area is huge and nice that they are heated. I enjoyed personally the fitness room, but I was upset when i noticed you needed head phones for the tv's. It was nice that it was in the middle of everything on the busiest strip of orlando. I did have to come back early for my husbandto go back to work and prices for rentals were so unreal because they had so many events, the lady at the attraction counter was so sweet to call another person they go through. The guy she called gave me a awesome deal and I got home in time for my husband to go to work.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Margaret L
Hello Margaret L,

psl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I have been meaning to write a letter of complaint since last summer, my family and I choice to make reservations at The Coco Key resort last summer for 2 rooms and 2 nights. My husband and I normally stay at Marriot resorts but The Coco Key looked family friendly and fun for the kids.
Our stay at Coco Key was more than disappointing. Our room was reserved to have double beds, one for my husband and myself and the other for our two kids. The second room was to be adjoined to ours for my in-laws. We specified that we wanted the rooms adjoined so the kids could spend as much time with them as they wanted. We did not receive anything even remotely resembling our reservation. First the rooms were not adjoined, second the room we received had only one king bed and one small pull-out bed. My two boys could barley fit on the small pull-out bed together. The hotel manager was unsympathetic and stated we could not be moved do to full occupancy.
Before leaving for our dinner reservations we attempted to call for linen for the pull-out bed. The room phone was broken. On our way out to meet our dinner reservations my husband walked to the front desk and asked for the phone to be fixed and bed linen to be delivered to the room.
We returned from dinner with still no working phone and no linen. My husband again went to the front desk to ask for linen for our kids and he was told the hotel was out off all linen except towels. My two children went to bed very unhappy with towels and travel blankets, “that we had in our car” as there bed linen on an already unfit bed for their size. To top it off a maintenance man came knocking on the door at midnight, frightening myself and my kids. He stated he was there to fix the phone. We did not let him in the room. Generally speaking midnight is entirely too late to allow a stranger into a hotel room.
The next morning my husband and I went to speak with the manager who was short and condescending. My husband then canceled the second night on our reservation. Our kids did not even get an opportunity to use any of the facilities water slides or game room due to the trip being cut short.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank mich f
Dear mich f,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We needed a place to stay before starting our Universal studios tour and this place was perfect. They let us play at the water park until our room was ready which kept the kid happy. The park was clean and tons of fun. The coupons they handed out worked well for dinner and we enjoyed walking 'the drive' window shopping.
The bed was pleasant with nice pillows. My only complaint is the walls/doors were so thin we could hear our neighbors as if they were in the room with us. I had my son wear earplugs as the people next door were not family rated.
We could've used their shuttle to Universal but we wanted to take advantage of early access and got a cab. Everyone was pleasant and helpful and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Flavabean
Hello FlavaBean,

SARASOTA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We checked in around 9:30 PM after an entire day at Islands of Adventure and our had not been cleaned yet. Twenty minutes later we were disrupted by another cleaning person who did not knock, but rather barged into our room unannounced. The air conditioner was extremely loud making it difficult to sleep. The pictures are fabricated and lure visitors into an illusion of a resort. There is an unknown fee that is automatically charged to your account whether or not you use their "water park" or not. We did not use the park since we checked in at 9:30 PM and left as soon as possible in the morning. DO NOT STAY HERE. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank casey10s
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
We are very sorry to hear about the inconvenience you faced during your stay. Regarding our fees, any fee that we charge such as our resort fee and taxes are clearly stated on our web site and during the booking process. Please give us a call or e-mail us if you would like to discuss this matter in further detail.