“Spacious Rooms and Helpful Staff!”

Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort
Ranked #214 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I was in town for business and this was my first time staying at this hotel. The rooms were very clean and spacious! Staff was very accommodating and friendly. They have a separate pool and deck area with a beautiful fire pit and a water park right on property. The water park was clean and lifeguards were friendly and attentive. I highly recommend this resort, especially for families with children. They will have a blast!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mandy M
CoCoKeyOrl, Front Office Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2016

Hello msmoore8,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time. As of November 18, 2015 we changed ownership and while all reviews were shared immediately with Team Members, I wanted to make it a point to reach out to you directly as we raise the bar for the service we deliver. We appreciate your continued business and if I can be of any assistance on your next reservations do not hesitate to email me directly.

Andy.Holt@cocokeyorlando.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,880)

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed at Coco Key for a convention this year. I only wish my family was with me! The waterpark was awesome, the lifeguards looked very attentive, and overall it was very clean.

I had one of the tower rooms. It room was much larger than I expected, was clean and quiet. With its convenient location I will definitely stay again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SurfnSun1

Hello Josh H,

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed over a weekend in November because it was my birthday. This was one of my favorite hotels to stay at... ever. I am a kid at hear so to have a water park, 2 full size pools and a huge arcade I was greatly satisfied. My room was huge, my only gripe is that the bed was too firm for me but that is a personal preference. My fiancé on the other hand has never slept better.

Our first night in the room we noticed there were 2 feather down pillows on the bed out of the 4 we had, my fiancé is allegic to feather so we called the front dest to see if they had any others because of her allergy. within a few minutes we had 4 brand new pillows straight from the box at our door.

The staff was always friendly, and everyone went above and beyond to help us in any way they could.

TIP: if you plan on dropping a few bucks in the arcade go to the front lobby and get a game card from the vending machine there. you get bonus tokens on the card. if you use the machines in the arcade you lose out on this bonus.

Room Tip: Rooms in the tower are the most up to date, they are bigger too, worth spending a couple extra bucks...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John D

Hello John D,

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed at many hotels in my life and this is my 1st review ever. I'll start with the good. It is located at a great location very close to everything you need. The Waterpark was excellent with very attentive and helpful lifeguards. My 3 year old grandson had a blast. The room was average. The price was very good when booking online and off season [ even tho there's an extra charge when you check in ]. I come to Florida twice a year and would definitely stay here again,if not for the following.
I am currently disabled,among many health problems, I have vascular blockage issues in my legs which makes it feel like I constantly have the Gout in both feet. I cannot walk far distances. So I called the Hotel a month in advance of my stay requesting a room close to the Waterpark because of my disability. The staff that I spoke to could not guarantee a specific room. but he said he would leave a notation with my reservation he also said I should call or check in at 11 am the 1st day of my stay. When that day arrived I called a little after 10 am. When i spoke to the front desk I told her of my disability and my prior call. She said no notations were left with my reservation and said she'd see what she could do. Not feeling confident about her help, we left Daytona early and hurried to Orlando. Upon arriving I was met by the person I spoke to at the front desk [ even showing her medical documentation ] she seemed to be annoyed by having to push a few extra buttons on her computer! After she did give me a close room, I told her I really appreciated her help and handed her a $20 bill,which she promptly snatched right out of my hand. And she still had an attitude.
After changing to go the Waterpark myself,daughter and grandson were walking [ I was limping ] by the towel area,the attendant there came out and opened a side gate for wheelchairs which was a shortcut. She was very nice and helpful. So next several times we entered or exited the park we used that gate. Then came the day the same attitude check in lady was working the towel area , which she apparently hated more than the front desk,. As I was exiting the park with my daughter and grandson helping carry food we just bought from the on site Pizza Hut. She screamed at us saying this is a wheelchair exit only. After I said everyone else was letting us in and out this way. She reluctantly walked 5 steps to let us out mumbling under her breath the entire time. This is the only person in my life I wanted to get my tip back from.
The next incident happened while visiting the on site arcade. I'm not sure of the exact time but it was evening when I went to check out the arcade. It was nice [some games pricey] but there's something for everyone even a bowling alley. The only problem I was having trouble getting the players card from the machine,so I went for help. The guy behind the counter seemed lost looking around. and apparently for good reason, it wasn't a worker it was a guest! Not one worker was present in the arcade or restaurant or the cash register or the kitchen. I was there about 10 minutes but who knows how long before I arrived they were missing. There was at least 7 customers I saw. After the 10 minutes I saw a man walk in who was getting perturbed. I asked if he worked here and he said "NO, I'm the owner!! After he left about 7 employees magically appeared.
And the last thing I feel the need to comment about. The hotel has a mascot named Coco. Everyday it's advertised he's in the lobby to greet kids at 4:00 pm. After the Disney parks my grandson was excited to meet Coco. So, we went to the lobby at 4:00. Nobody was there, at about 4:15 I asked the front desk where he was she said he'd be hear shortly. Then at 4:45 I again approached the front desk,a guy this time, who told me he's right in the back room and changing and will be right out at 5:05 I went up for the 3rd time and was told to go to the Waterpark there's a dance party and Coco was there and they would give us an arcade card for the wait. Well, there was no dance party but we did finally meet Coco at 5:20. And then were given a card for 15 minutes of arcade games but you had to wait in between each game. It was a nice gesture though.
All in all this would've been a 4.5 to 5 rating. But the maids do a half assed job
and certain personnel should not be employed. They need to clean house and hire respectful people. I do not seek sympathy for my medical ailments, but I definitely do not want nor deserve Bad Attitude!!!!
also the rooms need microwaves.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Deke R
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your stay. We hope that you accept our apology for any inconvenience you experienced. We pride ourselves on great customer service and providing our guests with the best experience possible and we are very disappointed we were unable to do that for you. We have consulted with the department supervisors to ensure that they are all knowledgeable of the situation, and that it is dealt with accordingly. Again we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with us. We would have liked the opportunity to provide you with a solution during your stay. Please contact us at comments@cocokeyorlando.com so we may provide you with a solution. We hope that you will consider staying with us again!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We found this hotel through Travelocity.com and they had it on special fro $50 a night instead of the Florida Resident discount of $109 a night- now that the trip is over we now see why it was discounted so low.

First of all let me say on the exterior the hotel looks nice- looks as nice as the website showed. We drove from Miami to the hotel and almost missed the hotel because the sign is so small none of us saw it. Front desk service was ok- nothing special- being that this is a "resort" geared to the families, they weren't that inviting.

My first "surprise" of the stay was that they charged us an additional resort fee for using a 3rd party service to make our reservations- that wasn't the issue- the issue was they charged us for their services that we didn't use (wi-fi, water park, etc). Then we get to the room- at first glance it was a nice room but then we see the bathroom, the door was off it's hinges and literally leaning against the door frame. We request a different room- and were given a room with a broken door handle that somehow fixed itself when reattached to the door. Once inside the air wouldn't cool down. So we lowered the air to cool down more and left for the day. Once we came back later that night the room was like a meat locker- when we raised up the temperature the air let out a smell like it was on fire.

The beds were ok- nothing out the ordinary for a hotel bed.
For the final price of what we paid to stay here, we could have stayed at a nicer hotel with less headaches.
We won't stay here again by choice...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank csegui86
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We will be sure to share your comments with the appropriate departments. Regarding our resort fee, each guest is required to pay our mandatory per room per night resort fee which includes the cost for; water park admission for four people per room, WiFi, parking on-site, free transportation to and from Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld, Resort Activities, a State-of-the-Art Fitness center, and our business center. Additionally we recently installed new air conditioning units with hypo-allergenic filters in all of our guestrooms and our rooms get cleaned on a consistent basis. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you faced during your stay. We hope you reconsider and stay with us again!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

stayed in coco keys for a fortnight ended wednesday have to say the house keeping were very poor and the only let down of the whole hotel water resort..........the rooms smelt of mildew/mould which went after a few days (funny thing about this was on the tuesday before we left the room service sprayed some sort of air freshener but was very funny) the dust was thick on everything presses,table,lights everything we cleaned alot ourselves.......room wasnt vacuumed everyday tough with kids with pringles and such we did clean after them but was still not done......one of the days no towels were left at all old ones were taken though and no toilet paper was left...........sheets were stained also.. once by what looked like orange squash( not urine?) and another time by blood told front desk changed immediately....got to the stage where room service manager kept caling everyday to ask were toilets ok and were towels left made us think they werent happy with the situation .............all this said we stayed but was just as a place to sleep pool area was well kept and staff pleasant and very willing to help when asked suppose as a show of unhappiness to the staff we left no tip.........would i reccomend this hotel if your not fussy and want someone at the heart of i drive then yes but defo no if fussy......just as an add note beds were very comfortable

Room Tip: as far away from the pool area as possible
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank hopeithelpz69
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your stay. We hope that you accept our apology for any inconvenience you experienced. We pride ourselves on great customer service and providing our guests with the best experience possible. We would have liked the opportunity to provide you with a solution during your stay. Please contact us at comments@cocokeyorlando.com so we may try and provide you with a solution. We hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We had a wonderful time and were very impressed with CoCo Key Resort. We arrived around 12:30 on our check in day, not expecting to be able to get into our room until 4 or so, and were put in a room right away. Had a wonderful time at the water park. We will definitely recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family