“Guests too dramatic over power outage”

Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort
Ranked #200 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Saginaw, Michigan
“Guests too dramatic over power outage”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Come on now! Matthew and all of the staff were calm and helpful during the outage which was not nearly as big a deal as everyone made it (demanding refunds, sitting in parking lot with music blasting, acting like having no AC for a few hours was the end of the world as we know it). Without all of the drama... this place is a great water park in a convenient location at a great rate thru Book-It.com
We will be back!

Room Tip: Tower rooms quieter
2 Thank Cheryl W
CoCoKeyOrl, General Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay with us. We really appreciate that you understood that the power outage was out of the hotel's control and that you thought the staff was very helpful and accommodating during the situation. We hope you visit with us again soon and are able to have an even better time without a power outage.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
  • Polish first
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My review is on the superior customer service that I experienced when trying to book a family reunion trip almost 20 years in the making and to say thank you to Gregory and the team at Coco Keys. After researching several resorts in Orlando our family chose Coco Keys Hotel and Water Park Resort, because this resort offered entertainment for everyone from the senior members to the kids (including our hard to please tweens and teens). After an hour plus on the "information highway" I couldn't find answers to a lot of our questions. So I called the resort at 11 pm on a Saturday night hoping to talk to a "live" Front Desk Representative and Gregory answered not only the call but he answer more questions in 5 minutes than I’d gotten in 90 minutes. Not only did he answer important questions but came across like he was happy to help me. Being retired military and with 28+ years of taking care of kids K- college, customer service is important. Gregory was instrumental in our decision to book a group of rooms at this resort. I did ask to speak to the evening manager because I’m sure guest are quick to complain and we forget to say thank you. I spoke to Paul the PM Manager and got the impression that superior service at Coco Keys is the standard. Thank you Gregory and Paul for making our choice an easy one.

Room Tip: We booked our trip in June 2014. If the superior customer service that we received before our trip i...
2 Thank Marcel R
CoCoKeyOrl, Guest Relations Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Marcel R.
Thank you for your wonderful review of the service that has been provided to you thus far. I am pleased to know that our staff has been able to answer all your questions. We look forward to extending that exceptional service all the way through your stay with us.
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I went to check in to the hotel last night 5/30/14 and i was told the power was out and they did not know when it would be back on. Ok i understand things happen, but the manager Matthew Vargas said the hotel was not going to help with an alternative room for the night. I was a little angry about the lack of support to find a alternative room. I wound up staying down the street for a double in room fare. Thanks for nothing Coco Key!!!!!

8 Thank jeremy J
Dear Jeremy J,
We do apologize for any inconvenience during the International Drive power outage. This was an unfortunate situation that effected hundreds of businesses. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the experience you encountered. I hope that you would consider our hotel in the future and would be happy to discuss this incident further you would like. Please feel free to contact me at mary.cook@cocokeyorlando.com.
mary.cook@cocokeyorlando.com
Worthing, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks which incorporated memorial weekend. Coco Key is a great base for a holiday in Orlando as it is central to everything. For a 3star hotel it is clean, staff are friendly and extremely helpful (thanks Andy), we asked for maid service daily, tipped them $2 daily (which I personally think is worth it) and our room was always clean and towels replaced daily. The cocktails at the bar are really yummy. It is also worth paying an extra $20 daily for a suite in the tower so much space &2 tvs. They also decorated the room for my husband's birthday. Yes there is a problem with noisy air conditioning but we had 2 and switched 1 off when we went to bed. The rooms by the pools can be noisy at weekends as it gets REALLY busy and looks like Butlins but again if you use the hotel as a base you wont be part of it.

The I-Drive stops outside and there is Vanstar always outside the hotel. There are the yellow taxis
that permanently go up and down but they charge by distance &time so if it is busy you can end up paying more than Vanstar, as Vanstar have a fixed rate plus their cars are in better condition. We took a taxi in the mornings and I-trolley back when going to Seaworld, etc. You can walk to Universal as it takes about 30mins. Personally I would hire a can if visiting Disney.

Room Tip: Rooms quieter in the tower especially the top floor and so worth paying for a suite (direct from the...
1 Thank Samantha R
Dear Samantha R,
Thank you for choosing CoCo Key as your Orlando "base." I am glad to know that you found the staff to be "friendly and extremely helpful and especially Andy." I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the wonderful birthday decorations that came with the birthday package. We cater to kids of all ages. We look forward to welcoming you on your next adventure across the pond.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed at Coco Key for 2 nights before journeying to Port Canaveral for a Disney Cruise. We found the room to be clean and well organized, and the facilities at the hotel were good. There are plenty of eateries nearby, and the bus runs from right out the front, though we had a hire car.

Our only problem was the noisy air conditioner which ran a fan whether it was on or not. It was VERY loud, it woke me up a few times through the night.

The staff were all very helpful and friendly.

We didn't use the waterpark, but it looked great.

Room Tip: try to get a room away from the massive billboard that was lit all night. It shone through our wind...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Bec A,
Thank you for choosing CoCo Key at your Orlando Destination! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay prior to your Disney Cruise. The next time you are in Orlando I do hope you give yourself enough time to enjoy our wonderful water park. I know you will have a fantastic time.
Aberdeen, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

First impressions can be decieving. We drove in on Friday night, and were surprised that the neighborhood seemed slightly unsafe and heavy traffic. It was difficult to turn into the parking area! We checked in and were given a room street facing room in building 8. They wrote the wrong room number on the key so I was trying to break into someone’s room! Went all the way back to the lobby and got the right room number and went into my room. They claim the rooms are either two queen or two double beds. For the four of us, we got the two double beds. The ceiling was low, about 7 feet. Seemed cramped. Not enough towels. Beds were ok. AC kept making noises so I turned it off. Got very hot!

For breakfast, IHOP, Perkins, and Dunkin Donuts are walking distance so we did not eat at the hotel.

I did not read that the water park does not open until 11am, so I was saddened by that, but the pool/hot tub opens at 8am so it was acceptable. We enjoyed the water park…although it did get crowded since the hotel caters to having the local community come to the water park. There were more non-hotel guests than hotel guests. The life guards seemed very attentive, although they did not manage the line for water tubes very well, and some patrons kept their tubes and rode multiple times, even when others were in line (not enough tubes).

We did try the non associated amusement park across the street….three hour unlimited go carts for $25 a person. Some other rides. Worth the money. We ate at Cici’s pizza next door and Chili’s down the street, so there are options other than eating at the hotel.
And yes, we did pay the resort fee at the desk upon arrival….don’t be surprised by it.
We did like some of the staff….when my son lost his wristband, we were not charged for a replacement, although warned this was a onetime effort. The room was cleaned well by the maids.

Overall, it was an acceptable experience, but probably would not stay here again, unless I was guaranteed a larger, better lit room at a discount price.

Room Tip: Find out the room before you agree to the price.
3 Thank JoVo19
Dear JoVo19,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some wonderful feedback. I do apologize for any error regarding your room assignment. I am glad to know you were able to enjoy the hotel "CoCo Key Beach" pool prior to the water park opening. I would be happy to assist you in making reservations and special requests for your next visit to CoCo Key Orlando. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of service.
mary.cook@cocokeyorlando.com
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Rooms were spacious and clean, beds were GREAT...Staff were friendly and when i asked for anything it came immediatley. The low price i paid I never expected such a grand stay. Water park was AMAZING, and LARGE. My granddaughter wanted to leave universal to go back to the room!! Will return every year!

Carrie Fewell

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
CoCoKeyOrl, Guest Relations Manager at Coco Key Hotel and Water Park Resort, responded to this review, 12 October 2014
Dear Carrie F,

Thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Mary Cook Guest Services Manager