I booked a 3 bedroom condo for a week 07/2014. We were told we could not check in early because they had a back to back rental (guests before us) and they needed 3 hours to clean.
Sunday - my family and I arrived at 11am and spent time shopping and eating to pass the time. We entered the condo at 4:10 pm and it was NOT cleaned.
The last renters' dirty towels and linen were still in the home where they were left. I contacted the property manager and he called in a cleaning crew.
1 individual showed up :-) and attempted to clean. She left 2 bathrooms dirty (caked on toothpaste on the faucet) as well as the kitchen.
My mother ended up mopping the floor in the kitchen.
We noted the bathtub was clogged in one bathroom.
We noted the ceiling fans had fur from all of the dust collection over time which we figured out was contributing to my asthmatic 7yr olds discomfort.
The property manager came onsite and unclogged the bathtub. They also called in a 2nd cleaning crew
After the 2nd cleaning crew - the toothpaste and dust on ceiling fans remained
Also we noted ants crawling around in the masterbath (note we did not call this in b/c we were unsure if this was normal for the area and seemed limited to the bathroom)
The toilet leaked overnight and property manager called someone to fixed the leaking toilet
The property manager also came onsite to CLEAN :-) and removed the caked on toothpaste in the bathroom my 14 yr old daughter was using.
My 7 yr old woke up to ants crawling in her bed - one on her face. I made a note to call to report this as an issue and went downstairs to leave. As I picked up my purse
a swarm of, what I now know to be, little spider went crawling everywhere as if to escape me. They were everywhere including my favorite designer purse.
The purse was disposed of immediately :-(.
I called property management right away, took my 2 daughters to camp, came back and packed my bags to go immediately.
I have been advised that my money cannot be refunded to me for the 3 nights I did not stay - Booked into Embassy Suites on International Dr (FANTASTIC!)
I will be credited 1 night stay and the $95 cleaning fee. They are providing a 2 night credit in one of their condos that I have been assured should not have the same issues.
Now to just work and obtain the time to comeback to use the credit :-(.
I promised to update my review after staying again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lakefront luxury condominium vacation resort located in the heart of the attractions and entertainment district on International Drive and Universal Blvd. Featuring beautifully appointed 2 & 3 bedroom / 2 bath condo-suites and 3 bedroom 3.5 bath town homes. Located only 3 miles from Universal Studios, 1 mile from Sea World and 0.25 from the Orange County Convention Center. Close to world class shopping, dining & entertainment. Amenities feature FREE Wi-FI, free parking, free local and long distance phone calls (domestic including Canada & Puerto Rico), in-room safes, business center, loyalty guest program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Vista Cay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vista Cay Resort By Millenium Hotel Orlando
- Vista Cay Orlando, Florida