“as good as it gets”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Luton, United Kingdom
“as good as it gets”
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Having visited Orlando some 30+ times and stayed at various locations I had high expectations. A+, 5 stars, top notch, hard to fault, location excellent, staff very friendly and helpful, accomodation very comfortable, I felt we were spoilt and for trips to Orlando this was as good as it gets.If I could stay here every time I visit Orlando I would. Its in a quiet part of I-Drive probably not for families though.
Personally I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank BUNGLE67

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Hornchurch
Reviewed 10 September 2011

On arrival the reception staff were pleasant and very helpful - and to be
honest I have not met more pleasant staff in any of my former travels - even
telling us that an I-trolley bus stop was directly outside the Hotel. This was a
very cheap and trouble free transport to all the major locations that we wished
to visit, Sea world, Aquatica,the premium outlets for shopping, Wet and wild
etc, which all had an I-trolley bus stop directly outside the attractions. For
universal Islands of adventure and studios we had to change at bus stop 7 for
the green line I- trolley, then walk for approx 20 mins to the attraction
entrance from bus stop 4. This worked for us with two children aged 14 and 10
and we used this route to Universal 5 times! The 1 or 3 day tickets for the
I-trolley bus can be attained from the reception at a discount price as well..
The apartment room was spacious, with a very large fridge, cooker, dishwasher,
and three televisions - a must for our two cherubs, when back in the apartment,
after along day enjoying the various parks. The lounge has a screened patio
area, which for us overlooked the pool.
The two bedrooms are upstairs with a huge main bedroom which had it's own
ensuite shower, the kids bedroom adequate for two kids and also had an ensuite.
The open plan lounge/diner/kitchen area has a pull out settee bed, and even an
additional shower downstairs. There are no lifts in these two storey apartments.
The rooms were clean, however the decor was bright but a little dated, but then
we don't spend our holidays looking at the room !
The resort staff provide a breakfast on the Sunday morning, afternoon tea on
Wednesdays and a cook out grill on the Friday evening - all free of charge.
There was even outside grills for preparing your own barbeque if you require.
The resort was quiet and friendly, with people talking to each other around the
pool, which even had a small heated jacuzzi .We had a wonderful time at this
aparment for two weeks and I would recommend this for families with children.
There are only two diners directly nearby, these being Matteo's (italian
restaurant) and Sonic - drive in burgerbar, but a short walk past fun -stop
fairground will get you towards Denny's and many other restaurant locations
along International drive.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank HPTNSTLL
Marysville, Ohio
Reviewed 20 August 2011

The condo itself was very roomy: nice kitchen, living area and bathrooms. Beds were not very comfy, and the view of the backside of the shopping center was disappointing.

The staff was wonderful. Very accommodating and attentive.

Kinda weird though: My daughter's face broke out in hives after a few hours of arriving at the condo and got worse the longer we were there. But started to get better when we left. It may have been something in the linen? Not sure; We are a bit curious.

I also kinda felt that maybe some people may live there permanently. No sure.

Will choose a different resort at next visit

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Jodie W M
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Very much a last minute booking, but as we were looking for a suite with a bit of space this place looked ideal. In fact it exceeded our expectations by quite some way. Location was superb, just off the main street but close enough to just about everything you could need, including shops, garage, restaurants and of course the big attractions. We had a hire car, so I don't know what it would be like without one. The rooms were very large, even the bathrooms. We had two big bedrooms, two bathrooms and the open plan living/dining/kitchen. Tv's in all theain rooms as well. Also everything was very clean, and everything you might need was provided, even dish washer soap. The kitchen was very well equipped, with all the utensils, crockery etc. And the suite had loads of storage, so you could unpack and not see you baggage until it was time to leave. We didn't use any of the resort facilities apart from the free wifi but it all looked good. I'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Max186220
Bowling Green, Virginia
Reviewed 26 February 2011

My sister and I brought our two 8/9 year olds specifically to go to Universal. This hotel really worked for us in that every detail was considered. Nothing fancy-you just had everything you needed, everything worked pretty well and there was enough of everything. The pool was clean and a perfect temp. Not too many people but enough that you didn't feel like you were having dinner at an empty restaurant. On Wednesday they had a free Sundae party at the pool which was really cute and multigenerational. The grounds are immaculate, the rooms clean and very roomy. We did not rent a car....This hotel was about a $45 cab ride form the airport. Don't buy an I-Trolley ticket thinking it will get you to Universal. You need to take the #37 bus, It comes every 1/2 hour on the 15 and 45. We loved the free paper every am, the screened-in porch, the nice pool towels, the comfy beds, the wi-fi, the dvd player etc. We cooked at "home" a lot and found the kitchen to be wonderfully appointed with every kitchen tool you might need to make your basic meal. Clean, decent, quiet and fun for our kids...I would recommend it!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Tiramisu17
Cleveland
Reviewed 13 January 2011

We traded in a week through RCI. when we arrived at OIRC, they did not have a room for us although we had a confirmation letter. They worked hard to accomodate us and ended up finding a comparable room within about 20 minutes.

The condo was a little lower quality than other RCI properties I have stayed at. For example the bathroom sliding door was cheap and slightly broken at the bottom. The 1st floor toilet clogged on day 3. To their credit they responded immediately to fix the problem.

They are currently doing construction on one wing. sometimes it was noisy in the morning from trucks and the construction.

The fitness room is a small isolated room with 3 treadmills and an eliptical, TV remote does not work very well, and it was not well-ventilated.

Front desk staff --very helpful.

Location-on international drive, so if you have a car it's great. If not, you will have to walk quite a bit.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Heather M
Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 January 2011

If you want convenience stay here. Very close to Universal, 20 minute ride to Disney. Close to an outlet mall. Even though you are near a major road, you do not hear lots of traffic. The rooms are spacious, clean and the staff is so nice. I would definitely stay here again. I have stayed in 2 other timeshares in Orlando and by far this is my favorite. Oh yes they upgraded the fitness center with new machines on the day we left. So that will be nice for future guests. The only thing that was disappointing was the grills we were able to grill out twice but had to walk to the pool area to do it. Our grills would not work. (I think they clean them too much) they are all spotless. Don't hesitate this is a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family