“So Good”

Neighbourhood: Florida Center
New York, New York, United States
“So Good”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Everything we ate was so delish. We had 5 ppl so we each ordered a different meat +vegetarian. It was a good selection of meats. Honey wine is amazing. Must get. We sat in the hut and that was fun in itself. If you dont like to share or dont like to eat with your hands, dont sit in the hut. The hut is for one giant plate in the center being shared with others. No utensils necessary. But it's ethiopian, I wanted to be authentic!

Visited June 2014

Orlando, Florida, United States
“LOVED THIS PLACE!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have been wanting to try Nile for quite some time and were not disappointed.
The staff is very friendly and helpful and willing to give advice to newbies. I don't like spicy food so I needed help making sure we ordered mild flavors.
The sambusa was wonderful. It was probably the only somewhat spicy item but still not too spicy to enjoy. We got a bit of everything and liked everything we tried.
We loved the lentils and the yellow split peas. The meat dishes and other vegetables were very good as well.
It is a fun way to eat and served in one big platter like other authentic Ethiopian restaurants. This would be a great place to go with large groups as it is a different atmosphere and experience than most.
You do need to be willing to try new things and may be a little challenging for young picky kids. However, I would still go and encourage them to try. In fact, kids may love the fact that they can eat with their hands!

Sanibel, FL
“I thought it was just ok.”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I LOVE Ethiopian food, but found this food just ok. The prices are fair and the staff were super efficient. The food was too spicy for my small kids. They told us they would be able to put something together for kids, but once we arrived they really didn't have any options. The yellow lentils (I think) were good but that was it for my kids, if you kids eat greens and pickled cabbage you may have better luck. Overall, I would say I have had more flavorful Eithiopian food elsewhere. Also, the bread is not gluten free (it is at other places).

Bengaluru, India
“An enjoyable evening”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Had dinner last nile at the Nile Ethiopian Restaurant. We were a group of 5 people and sat at the traditional seating area. The restaurant has a very friendly atmosphere and the service was personalised and excellent! The food was served in the traditional Ethiopian way, and was delicious. Post dinner, we had Ethiopian coffee, which was superb and served with traditional ceremony.

This was my first experience with Ethiopian food and I thoroughly enjoyed the food and the experience.

Lynchburg, Virginia
“Wonderful food and fantastic experience”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We loved it here! It was our first time trying Ethiopian food and we were not disappointed. Our service was wonderful, and the food was delicious. Very clean, spacious restaurant, definitely worth a visit if you are anywhere near Orlando and like Ethiopian food or are up to a new, fun dining experience :)

Visited May 2014