“If you like black mold and filth stay here”

Avanti International Resort
Ranked #83 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 15 November 2013

They tried to be accommodating by changing my 1st room, which the 2nd was less filthy with no visible mold like the first. However still visible dirt, various smears of who knows what, and dead bugs and so on. I had to clean my room myself to be able sleep in it, and it wasn't a good sleep after what I saw. I mean when you see stains on white sheets upon entering a room that is pretty bad. Hallways and elevators are disgusting. They have beautiful pics online and the lobby was actually spotless, I guess it is a case of selective cleaning. Bed sheets did not fit beds. Housekeeping does not speak English, at least the 3 I spoke with. It really ruined my vacation.

4  Thank Angel521
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Angel, we are deeply sorry to hear about the experience that you describe. Please know that this experience is far below the usual standards that we have here at Avanti. Your comments have been forwarded to our housekeeping team and will be seriously addressed internally. Please accept our sincere apologies and know that this is never how we'd like our guests to feel when staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed the lobby area and found it to be extremely clean. We hope that you had an otherwise nice visit to Orlando. Should you return to the area, we would appreciate the opportunity to show you the wonderful experience that we typically provide to our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact us so that we can assist in arranging that for you.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I stayed there one night while in Orlando. We booked the room through one of the travel websites and saved huge! They call Avanti a resort. It has an amazing pool, a bar and grille, an arcade room and even a Starbucks. The room was very nice and modern as well. The staff was very nice and accomodating. We couldn't have been more impressed.

Room Tip: If you can, pick a top floor room. Although the rooms are super nice and modern, the walls and ceili...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for the kind words, Jennifer! We are so glad to know how much you and your husband enjoyed Avanti. Thanks for mentioning our poolside bar & grille as well as the Starbucks served at our poolside cafe and lobby barista. It means so much that we have impressed you. We hope that you will come and see us again when you find yourself headed back to Orlando.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

BIG PROS: Nice value for newly updated hotel. I would not call it a resort due to the exterior corridors, but nicely done otherwise. Stayed in building 2 facing the pool. Clean and quiet even though the pool is open until 11PM. Shower temp and water pressure perfect. The kids LOVED the warm pool and soft sand. Mixed drink and beer from the pool bar were $15 including tip, so not totally unreasonable. SMALL CONS: Fridge never got cold, but made a lot of noise (white noise is actually OK with us). Not enough hooks for towels (we used the drawer pulls and ironing board hooks instead). Can see gaps along the door where air is getting in/out. Not an issue for this time of year, but could be a problem in the summer. Book it now with the promotional rate!

Room Tip: Building 2 facing pool was quiet.
1  Thank gators5
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

We wish that you and your family could have stayed with us longer! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that your room was well equipped with perfect water pressure and cleanliness. We are glad that you enjoyed the drinks served at our poolside bar as well. We apologize for the noise that your refrigerator was making. These refrigerators are nearly brand new. Our engineering team has already taken care of this. We will have plenty of wonderful promotions going on in the future, so we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We were visiting Orlando recently and were going to be going to both Universal and Disney. this resort is close to Universal but not too far from any of the Disney properties also. This was a very nice resort and had a wonderful pool. Does not have free breakfast but has a small restaurant/c-store that served a very nice hot breakfast. Reasonably priced too. It gets very crowded in the morning and their is quite a line, but just be flexible and you will be able to get food when others are not lined up. Really enjoyed the resort style pool and hot tub. Rooms were very nice, clean and spacious. We will definitely return. We got an intro rate which was very good but it was a nice enough resort that I would be willing to pay more in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you, Mark! We are so glad that you found our location to be ideal and that you were also able to enjoy the fresh, cooked-to-order cuisine offered at our Cafe. Thank you for your kind words and for choosing Avanti. We will have plenty of other specials and packages available in the future, so make sure that you keep watching our website and our social media pages! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Can't argue with the price, but Avanti Resort is not a resort. It's a motel. I've never seen a resort with the doors on the outside. In fact, I'm not sure which amenities would make it a resort. Nice pool and hot tub, small fitness room and little cafe, but that's it. The rooms were clean and updated, though not sparkling. The lobby was nice, but so what? And it's hard to complain at $60ish/night (plus "resort fees.") But this is a 2.5 star motel, and one that was greatly oversold on its website. Three stars is generous. I've seen it rated at 3.5 and 4 stars, which is insane. Great location, easy parking and inexpensive prices, but don't be fooled by the photos. This is a basic motel with nicer laminate floors. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: If you can, attempt to get a room facing the pool.
1  Thank AndyMKE
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Andy, we appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. Thank you for mentioning that you did find the resort to be clean and also that you enjoyed the updated decor. We are sorry that you didn't feel as if our property is deserving of the ratings that other travelers have given it. Guests enjoy utilizing our oversized, zero-entry pool with water playscape, sandy beach volleyball area, shuffleboard court, arcade room, fitness center, poolside bar, cafe, and barista. These amenities create a lovely experience for our guests, and we are sorry that you were unable to experience them all. We are glad that you did have a nice time at Avanti, and hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

This resort was exactly what I needed. I stayed here for business and Danny and Denise at the front desk made sure I had the perfect room on the top floor of building one and then helped me to take the I ride trolley. Manny at the restaurant made sure I got all of the exact food items at the little eatery that I needed before heading to my conference. I would tell anyone to stay here if headed to orlando convention center

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Adam W

Well said, Adam! Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad that you had a great time staying at Avanti while attending a convention. Our cafe serves delicious, cooked-to-order food so I am glad you were able to experience that. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I'll be staying here from the 23rd to the 30th of November!! =) I'm so excited for my trip, ill be going with my boyfriend and this will be my first time seeing him in 8 months(=\he's been gone on deployment) most of the reviews I read were great!! except for the noise by the highway <<if u happen to read this please don't place us in a room by the highway ....but yay I cant wait!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Candace, we are looking forward to serving you and your boyfriend during your trip to Orlando. We have sent you a private message to further discuss your preferences in regards to the location of your room. We appreciate you choosing Avanti. See you in a few weeks!