“Excellent choice!”

Avanti International Resort
Ranked #83 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I read about the Avanti in the Atlanta Journal Sunday paper. It was rated as the budget option for a Orlando vacation stay. Decided to give it a try. We were doing a college visit with our son and wanted to be close to Universal Studio's. We had 2 queen beds and the room was still spacious. Excellent choice! Every part of the experience was easy and streamlined. It is an older hotel but everything was clean and crisp. The vanity area was large with granite countertops. The bathroom was small but adequate. The beds were the best part! The mattresses were fabulous. And the bed linens were an excellent quality. I'm in the design business so the little things mean alot. Not sure about the pillows---we always bring our own. You can walk to ton's of restaurants and I took a 3 mile walk---totally a safe area. All in all the only bad part of our trip was a day of rain and that is just how Florida is.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank CAROLYN A
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thanks for the high regards, Carolyn! We are so glad that you decided to give us a try for your visit to Orlando. Thank you for mentioning how comfortable the beds were as well as how clean you felt everything was. We hope that you will visit us again when you return to the Orlando area.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I was really impressed with the property as a whole. I had read some negative reviews prior to our trip and was expecting less. We had only booked for one night, with anticipation of traveling to Tampa for the second part of our trip. Upon check-in we went to our room and walked around the property. The room was very clean. There is laminate tile flooring in the rooms, which I believe are easier to maintain and contribute to the overall cleanliness. Love the idea very much, as I am a bit of a germiphobe. After walking the property we decided to inquire about extending our stay here and foregoing the idea of traveling to Tampa. Danny at the front desk was extremely accommodating and extended our stay for the same rate that we originally booked. We stayed the additional days and enjoyed the pool. Our kids had a lot of fun. Really liked the pool bar, although the drink prices were steep. Will definitely check availability for this property again, as we travel to Orlando a couple of times a year since we live in Florida it is a quick weekend getaway.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Wile, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Thank you for commenting on the high level of cleanliness that you experienced as well as how much you enjoyed the flooring in the rooms. It is also great to know how much you enjoyed the pool area and poolside bar & grille. We are thrilled that you plan to return in the future, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Our experience was great. Room was clean service great pool nice yes it is near the interstate so a little loud but I would stay there again without thinking twice about it. The staff was extremely friendly. The room while nothing fancy was clean and comfortable

• Stayed: March 2014

Greg, we are so glad that you had a great experience. It means so much to us that you took the time to share your experience. We are thrilled that you would stay with us again, we look forward to it!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

just returned from avanti resort we had a great time there hotel has had a lot of work done on it since it was the econo lodge with great improvements on it the pool area was bril the bar and the cafe all good staff were all very pleasant and helpful fantastic location i could not fault it one bit and we will be back again next year god willing

Room Tip: try and get one overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It is excellent to know that you enjoyed the pool, cafe, and great service. We look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

My name is I just checked out of this hotel less than an hour ago and we absolutely loved it... The hotel's location was VERY convenient to the attractions as well as restaurants. The pool was gorgeous and the bar staff was very friendly. We checked in on Wednesday and check in is at 4pm but we arrived earlier and they allowed us to check in early with no problem. We had a king suite and it was very nice for the price over looking the pool. I read plenty of reviews before booking the hotel, some of them were discouraging but I said i would see for myself and to my surprise I was VERY PLEASED WITH THE SERVICES OF THIS HOTEL AND WOULD/WILL STAY WITH THEM AGAIN. Thank you for everything :)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I live and work here in Orlando. I needed a room close by to Dr. Phillips hospital. I feel like I had tried every hotel on I-Drive with no luck finding a room. I walked into this resort and met a wonderful gentleman named Ryan. He advised me there was nothing available. So I asked him if I could call back to see if there had been any cancellations. Not only did he give me his info to call him back directly, he took my information and said he would keep checking and if he had a cancellation he would call me. As I was leaving, I met a very sweet young lady named Amy who worked at the little snack place in the lobby. Amy and I found out that we worked at the same theme park. Amy shared with me how much she enjoyed working for this company. On her own time, she went and got me an application. I finally left to continuing looking for a room. I had finally given up and called Ryan to let him know I was just going to go sleep in my car near the hospital because I was too exhausted. Ryan stated he was just about to call me because he had a room. There was a personal problem but Ryan worked with me and got me into a room. I came back to the hotel checked in then went back to the snack place and began talking to Amy again. It was at this time I shared some things with Amy. You would have thought Amy and I were friends forever. Around 7 p.m. Amy asked me if I still wanted a bagel because she was getting ready to close and wanted to make sure I had something to eat. I had no more money left and she knew this. Amy bought a bagel for me to eat. Ryan could have very easily had just said sorry we have no rooms and be done. But he didn't. He went so beyond GREAT guest service. He didn't stop until he found a room for me. He made me feel so welcomed. Just imagine if he made a local person feel so welcomed and cared for how someone from outside the USA would feel. I have told everyone that I know and the guest I see at SeaWorld how awesome this resort is. It is so clean, warming and feels like your at home. Amy also went way beyond regular guest service. Her smile and genuine care for the guest is so refreshing. I shared with Ryan that night I was very depressed and didn't care about anything. But because of these two AMAZING employees, made things seem so much better.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Cynthia G

Cynthia, it means so much to us that your experiences with our staff truly had an affect on you. We strive to provide each and every one of our guests with incredible service, and we are so pleased that you truly appreciated that. It was a pleasure to serve you during your time with us, we sincerely hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Close to everything and reasonable priced. The bartender ( Laurie ) knew how to make you feel very welcomed.. Overall a very good resort. The amenities are right up for what you get for the money. Close to everything on the strip and to the parks.

Stayed: March 2014
Hayley C, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

John, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review. It is wonderful to know that you felt so welcome by one of our bartenders. Thank you for also mentioning our great location on International Drive, as we are centrally located with easy access to everything. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future!