We stayed at the Avanti just one night after arriving in Orlando a day earlier than we could get into our Disney resort. We really enjoyed our brief stay at the Avanti and would recommend it to anyone visiting Orlando.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. When I asked about getting a room facing the pool we were upgraded at no charge. The pool itself was impressive and was the reason I’d selected this hotel in the first place. It’s huge, with distinct areas for adults, children and families, with a deeper section right by the bar. The “kids section” is dominated by a splash park feature and a zero depth entry area. A big portion of the pool is 3 feet deep which makes it great for kids. My daughter declared it “the best pool ever.” It was heated to a nice temperature too, which made swimming early in the morning an option. There also was a nice sized hot tub. There was a sand play area and a sand volleyball court as well.
We didn’t eat at the poolside café, but I did check out the menu and there were a lot of options at reasonable (for hotel food) costs.
The rooms themselves were nothing fancy, but were spacious enough. Our room on the second floor had laminate hardwood floors, a small refrigerator, its own dehumidifier, a nice TV, etc. It was comfortable for the price. I do recommend requesting a poolside room, as the back of at least one of the buildings of the hotel is right on top of the highway.
Location was great, with virtually any type of food you could ask for within walking distance. We decided on Tony Roma’s and the concierge gave us a $5 off coupon. There also was seafood, steaks and fastfood in the immediate vicinity.
We didn’t use the shuttles, but the hotel advertised shuttle service to all the parks.
We would definitely stay here again in the future and would consider it for a much longer stay if we weren’t staying in a Disney property. We’ve already recommended the Avanti to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- After a total renovation, the Avanti Resort is a shining beacon in the heart of activity and dining options on International Drive. This new resort features 652 renovated, comfortable, and contemporary-style guest rooms and suites. All guest rooms are equipped with an in-room coffee maker, mini refrigerator, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, as well as a safe. The oversized pool complex features a kids water play area, beach volleyball, and shuffleboard court. Enjoy casual dining and beverage options without leaving the resort at the Avanti Pool Bar & Grille, along with property-wide WiFi. Avanti is located within walking distance of a variety of dining and shopping, and only a short ride on our shuttle away from major theme park attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Avanti International Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites International Drive Hotel Orlando
- Econo Lodge Inn And Suites International Drive
- Econolodge Hotel Orlando
- Best Western International Drive
- Best Western Plaza International Drive
- Econo Lodge Orlando
- Best Western Plaza Orlando
- Orlando Econo Lodge
- Best Western Plaza International Orlando
- Avanti International Resort Orlando, Florida