“My Experience after 23 years”

Avanti International Resort
Ranked #84 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I finally took my kids to Florida after promising them for a long time. I booked at the Avanti and I don't regret it. The room was clean and each time I requested toiletries, it was promptly delivered. If I had any complaints, the staff was courteous and apologetic and ensured that I was satisfied. Hans bent over backwards to ensure our happiness and Karem ensured that our trips to the parks were booked even though the policy requires 24 hour booking in advance but I was not really organized and always booked an hour before wanting to go. The room was a little small but we only needed somewhere to crash after long days at the parks. The pool was gorgeous and sparkling clean. The hotel is located on a busy roadway so everything was within walking distance. All shops were accessible.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 755Juliet
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Juliet, we can't thank you enough for making us a part of this special occasion! It is wonderful to know that you had a great stay with us. We would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on the courteous service you experienced from our team. It is nice to hear that you found our Concierge team to be helpful throughout your stay. We hope that you and your family had a fantastic time visiting the parks. Thank you once again for sharing your experience and we sincerely hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,335)

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The facilities are very run down. Our room was very dated an when we folded the beds down they had dirty sheets on them. Had to wait about 3 hours to get new sheets. Never spoke with a manager, always too busy dealing with other problems. The food was okay but nothing fabulous. Over all very disappointed and the only help offered for the dirty beds was to take a whopping $18.00 off the total bill!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dana, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. We sincerely wish that your stay had been up to our usual standards, and we are sorry that this was not the case. We hope that you will accept our deepest apologies regarding the bed sheets. Please know that the situation you described is extremely unusual. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we will be addressing your comments with our Housekeeping and Management team. We hope that you will consider giving us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I have visited Avanti before and always been happy with the resort, however this past visit everything just seemed to be completely out of order and insane. One of my favorite parts of Avanti is the fitness center as fitness is a big part of my life and one of the things most Resorts and hotels lack, but this time it seemed to be just a playground. There were many foreign tourists here and their children were just running rampant with no supervision of any kind or hotel staff to direct them from causing disarray or mischief. I tried twice to use the fitness center only to find it full of unruly children playing around and causing ruckus. So, we headed to the pool area where my youngest daughter who is 4 was sent crying from the pool multiple times by again unruly children causing a ruckus. I am sad to say that despite our satisfaction with Avanti in the past I will not be staying here again. There are to many other great resorts in the Orlando area to put up with the frustration and aggravation we endured on this trip. If not for our prior positive stays I would have only given a 1, but they deserve at least a 2 because I understand its not entirely their fault, but an attentive staff would have lessened the ability for these unruly patrons to disrupt our stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We are deeply disappointed to learn that your stay did not go as well as we would have liked. We hope that you will accept our sincere apologies regarding your experience with other guests at our fitness center and pool. Please know that the situations you described are highly unusual. Our team is currently attempting to personally reach out to you in order to further discuss your stay. Please know that we will be addressing your comments internally with our team. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to make it up to you in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This place was great. The staff were friendly, professional and attentive to our needs and requests. The pool area and nearby restaurants and stores offered a wide variety of ethnic and american foods. The resort is convenient to all the local attractions and we truly enjoyed our weekend there (and we've visited Orlando quite a bit). There are 'ritizier' and 'glitzier' hotels/resorts, but for the price you can't beat Avanti. The service itself was worth the stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank joebo11
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for choosing our resort as part of your weekend visit to Orlando! We are pleased that the friendly and attentive service you experienced from our team along with our great value contributed to a worthwhile stay. We hope that your pleasant experience with our resort will encourage you to stay with us again when you return to the Orlando area.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I booked a room through Last Minute Travel. I was a good deal. When I got to the hotel it looked ok for the price, the only two things I didn't liked was the small bathroom and he floor was not clean. I took off my shoes and my feet got dirty and black after walking through the room. The have a sign on the boudoir stating that the cleaning consists on replacing the towels and changing the beds. You have to request for swiping and mopping the floor for an extra fee.

Overall was a good choice, great staff, nice pool and comfortable beds.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Haping L, Guest Relations Manager at Avanti International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Luis, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased that your experience with our resort was a good value to you. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable beds and beautiful pool. We do apologize that the floor and the size of the bathroom in your room were not to your preferences. In regards to the floors, please know that we feature laminate flooring because they are actually more hygienic than traditional hotel carpet and are less likely to harbor allergens or microorganisms. In the future, please do not hesitate to let us know of your housekeeping requests as it would be our great pleasure to assist you with this. Your feedback is very valuable to us and we will be sharing your comments with our Housekeeping team. We are glad that you were pleased with your decision to stay with us and we hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

An extremely cheap Groupon deal led us to this find for our weekend stay.... (Sigh) and it's for sure the only reason why we would have ever stayed here. Since apparently I can't agree with other "reviews"on here let's try this again!Let's recap... Shall we?!

After finally checking in ( I feel like this is more of a motel? Walking outside to a room and around really isn't very "resort"ish). Our room keys didn't work, fabulous! Luckily when calling the front desk an employee noticed us and came over to assist us. He explained to us that having it near a cell phone would deactivate them, we understand that but they weren't near a cell phone.

Now for the big reveal... Oh my! Maybe I should stop watching Hotel Impossible? After checking out our room for the next two nights I was disgusted.. It may have been the stained bed sheets, the pubic hair on the bathroom hair or the fact that when you walk around the room your feet turn a new shade of black?

Cigarette butts were everywhere on property, clean it up! Our "neighbors" two doors down decided to have something to snack on Thursday and left their trash outside their front door... Friday we were poured on for hours, Saturday morning when checking out they were still rolling around the hallway. Classy. The staff/employees had to have walked by how many times? But yet never decided to pick it up? The cleanliness was lacking so badly I didn't even want my room touched on day two here. Okay you get the point.

Now for some positive feedback:
Cheap rates
Walking distance to great bars and restaurants...
Cheap for families, good looking pool area
Starbucks

Enjoy!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Erin, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed our beautiful pool and convenient location on International drive. We are really disappointed to hear that your experience was not as positive as we would like. We hope you can accept our deepest apologies in regards to the situations you described in your room and around our resort. Please know that your comments pertaining to the cleanliness of our resort do not reflect our usual standards. Here at Avanti, cleanliness of our resort is extremely important to us as we are committed to providing a clean environment to all our guests. Please know that we take your comments very seriously and we will be addressing your concerns with our entire team immediately. We sincerely hope that you will consider giving us another chance to show you the great experience we typically provide to our guests.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed the resort my only complaint was when I first arrived to ny room there were leftover food from the previous guest which was promptly cleaned, and its not as close to Disney as I
thought. My room was close by the pool which is kept immaculate, I enjoyed the music coming from the speaker's sound the pool and the complimentary towels for use at the pool. My son enjoyed the game room and our room was spacious and great value for the money paid

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Camille S

Camille, thank you for commenting on your experience with our resort. We are glad that you enjoyed the nice atmosphere by our beautiful pool area. It is great to hear that your son enjoyed spending time at our arcade-style game room as well. We are pleased that you found our resort to be a great value. Please accept our deepest apologies in regards to the situation you described in your room. Please know that this is very unusual as we take cleanliness of our resort extremely seriously. We appreciate your feedback and we will be addressing your comments with our Housekeeping team. We hope that the great value you received will encourage you to revisit us next time you return to the Orlando area.