Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - John Young Pkwy / S Park
US$129
US$242
US$222
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
US$213
US$176
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$154
Agoda.com
US$493
US$291
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$185
US$615
US$516
Travelocity
All reviewsjohn young parkwaygreat hotelinternational driveroom was cleanquiet hotelcomplimentary breakfastbreakfast staffking suiteyogurtup to datebusiness tripthe breakfast areaflorida malla great staydefinitely stay here againconvention centerfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Newer hotel in the area - very quiet and worth it. Hamptons can be pricey but for three nights I was impressed. Easy access to lots of great restaurants and tourist attractions...I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Goodguy7176
Reviewed 11 October 2011

If you're going to a convention at the JW Marriott down the rode, this is a great location. It's not on the back door of any of the entertainment or shopping scenes in Orlando, though they're certainly accessible, but that makes it a great choice for a business traveller who'd prefer to get some quiet and rest after a long day. Not the usual Orlando traffic either, so going the two miles back and forth to the convention took no more than 15 minutes and usually less.

The staff were efficient, friendly and helpful, and all the usual amenities you expect at a Hampton were there. One reason I generally choose Hampton is the consistency and this one met that and did it a little better. I don't travel very frequently any more, so I don't know if this is now true in all Hampton's, but instead of a tub, there was a really nice roomy shower that was a big plus for me and made the bathroom seem much larger.

The convention took care of most of the meals, so I didn't do much exploring there, but right across the main highway were every fast food place you might want in a hurry, plus a couple of moderate or budget choices. And it's not that far away from civilisation - other restaurants are near. A decent hot breakfast is served in the morning and a newspaper delivered under your door. All in all, a better choice than spending twice as much to stay at the convention hotel.

Room Tip: I usually ask not to be near the elevators (where the ice machines are as well), but not sure that would have been a problem here.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Although my stay was only one night for a family wedding, it was a very impressive hotel stay. The room was very clean, the beds were very comfortable and even the temperature of the room was fantastic! The complimentary breakfast was great, even though we had it about 20 minutes before it ended. The batter for the belgium waffles had run out- and they made up a new batch for us quickly. Jimmy was very helpful, and even though I left my dress and jacket in the closet in our room, they are mailing it to me. I loved the location- not too far from downtown, yet no traffic or craziness to deal with. I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I choose to stay at this hotel for two nights after reading the great reviews online. Do NOT be fooled by these.
My stay was for two nights on September 24 and 25th 2011.
The elevator was not working during my stay because the button was broken. To add insult to injury, I was given a room on the fourth floor. I had to walk up and down four flight of stairs to get to my room. Checking out was just as painful, as I had to make multiple trips using the stair to get all my stuff from the room to my car.
The attendant behind the front desk barely gave me the time of day as she was too busy chatting on the phone. She was just downright nasty to me by her mannerisms and actions.
The hotel itself is off the beaten path, the area is quiet and secluded with lots of construction going on at the adjacent lots.
It also worried me that there were cops and police vehicles at this hotel every night and during the day. Why would they need cops? The cops made me worry that my vehicle would get broken into in the parking lot, or that this hotel was not on the up and up somehow. Maybe just a bad neighborhood, not sure.
100 percent guarantee or you money back is Hampton's slogan, that is all BS.
Avoid this hotel at all cost, you will regret it. There are better options out there.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JoePublic5461
justincascia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - John Young Pkwy / S Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Feedback from our guests is very important as we seek to constantly improve the levels of product and service quality in our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the broken elevator button and the unwelcoming service you received by the front desk clerk. The service that you described receiving is completely unacceptable and the employee will be reprimanded and retrained. In regards to the police officers, they are at our hotel because we have invited them to use our lobby as a safe and comfortable place to get a cup of coffee and do their paperwork. It also benefits the hotel guests as an added level of security in addition to the hotel’s security guard.

I understand that you have several choices of hotels when visiting Orlando and I want our hotel to remain your top choice. As a gesture of apology I would be happy to personally handle your arrangements on a future visit to our hotel. Please contact me directly at 407.226.3999 to further discuss this issue and to give me an opportunity to make things right. We value your business and we seek to exceed your expectations. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Justin Cascia

Reviewed 18 September 2011

This is an "average Hampton" which isn't necessarily a bad thing as Hampton has raised the bar and is a good option in this price range. I stayed in a King suite which was roomy and was equipped with a micro/fridge with bar, sink area with solid surface countertops. The bed was comfortable, but did not have the "dreamy Evolution bed" found in other Hamptons. The wireless internet was horrible and I ended up using wired internet throughout my stay. The breakfast was above average and had hot foods, waffles and cereals. The pool is a bit lame, a rather small rectangular outdoor pool, with no whirlpool. Most people who stay here are here for business or to go to the parks and for this purpose the hotel is fine.

PLUSES +++ Extra room in Suite, micro/fridge, clean, price, near I-4 without noise
MINUS'S ----- Pool, internet, Major construction right next door, traffic congestion between 4-6

OVERALL 84/100
VALUE 90/100

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on opposite side of construction
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business