“Great dim sum restaurant ”
Review of Ming Bistro

Ming Bistro
Ranked #1,074 of 4,119 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is some of the best dim sum I h as ve had since leaving California. Fresh and tasty. It's more than 50 miles each way for me from the coast and we almost always make a point to stop at Mings for dim sum.

MingsBistro, 客戶關係經理 at Ming Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear Lily,

We’re thrilled you enjoyed our great dim sum, we like making our customers happy at Ming's Bistro! Next time you’re here, you should try the sizzling beef ribs w/ black pepper.

Thanks for leaving the positive review, I hope to see you again soon.

Regards,
Ming's Bistro.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

While I know this isn’t the same as eating at the restaurant, it is still an example of terrible customer service. I order food from a delivery service and the restaurant calls me and tells me they haven’t seen the driver so he asks me to call the delivery service. While I’m on the phone with them, he proceeds to call me two more times. On the third time, I explain to him there was an issue with the first driver and a second one was on their way, he told me to “go ahead and just cancel your order because I’m not waiting around any more” and proceeded to hang up on me. He made me feel like it was my fault and obviously he doesn’t want the business. If he is that rude over the phone, I hate to see the service in person. I was originally going to rate 2 stars since the food is good and I’m actually sad that I won’t go back, but the fact that he hung up on me is just too much to ignore.

Moral of the story: if you have an issue with a delivery company, call them and deal with them, don’t have your customer do it then blame the customer and hang up on them.

MingsBistro, 客户关系经理 at Ming Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Customer,

We are very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at using our Ming's Bistro delivery service. We would like to inform you that we are taking action on the matter to get it resolved (we have also sent you a private message).

We appreciate your feedback and we always take feedback on board as it is the only way to ensure we are delivering an excellent service to our customers. There is no excuse for behavior like this and we are taking it very seriously and putting corrective methods in place with immediate effect.

We do hope to see you at our Ming's Bistro restaurant again so that we can have the opportunity to redeem your faith in the brand.

Again, deepest apologies for what happened and we thank you for your feedback.

Best Regards

Team Ming's Bistro

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Traveled to Orlando for a cruise out of Port Canerval. She suggested this place in the Asian area of Orlando, off the tourist path around Disney. Off a side street w street parking and a small lot. Place was packed at dinner hour on a Friday. Five of us, we ordered a large amount of dim sum off a paper check box menu. All cooked fresh, some we ordered multiples. All fresh and nicely tasting. We ordered the seafood special, which included a whole fish, Manila clams, shrimp, and two lobsters. All prepared as you want them. Clams in black bean sauce; salt baked shrimp; lobsters in lobster sauce and a fish (pompano) fried. Seafood was excellent, my daughter was chewing on the lobster pieces the next day in our room. We also had a fried rice and a beef chow fun. Staff were attentive, refilling our tea and water glasses. Owner or manager stopped by to ask us if everything was good. Very authentic, very fresh and tasty. Definitely on my next visit to Orlando.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Four of us dined at Ming's on an early Saturday night to celebrate the Chinese Year of the Dog. I know there's sometimes a line of people outside waiting for a table, so I made a reservation. We were seated promptly. In previous reviews, they mentioned unfriendly waitstaff, so I was a little hesitant. The staff was friendly and efficient. We ordered main courses and some dim sum. The main courses came out first, with the dim sum arriving one at a time thereafter. I didn't know to tell them to bring the dim sum first, so I will next time. The seafood tofu soup was more than enough for four people. The shrimp and vegetables over crispy noodles was good. After inquiring, we were told the shrimp and black bean sauce only had onions in it. It turned out there were also bell peppers, which we don't like. If you have any allergies or food sensitivities, make sure they tell you all the ingredients. Of the dim sum, our favorite was the crispy shrimp balls. We were very happy with our meal at Ming's Bistro.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Family of six having topical Chinese dim dim dishes consisting of fried, steamed and barbecue tapas style dishes, also freshly baked pastries and stuffed buns. Plus an assortments of noodles and rice menus. Extremely popular and they do not take reservations so come early for lunch. This is definitely a place not to be missed if you love dim sum