“Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Residence Inn Orlando Airport
Ranked #154 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating, especially Sebastian, Adeline, Julie, and Unid. They treated us like family. The suite was very clean and the beds extremely comfortable. The room was beautifully decorated and we will definitely continue to stay at Marriott properties. If we were to offer one piece of constructive criticism, it would be to upgrade the furniture in the sitting area. It seems to be a bit worn, although certainly useable. We had a great stay and will return again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ResInnGM, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
dennycrane1~ Great to hear you enjoyed our property! The rooms are very spacious, and you're right...the beds are very comfortable! I always say I wouldn't mind purchasing one of the beds; however, I may not want to get out of it! :)

I apologize for the condition of the living room chair, as we are currently working with Marriott for the replacement of those chairs. We want our guests to have the quality they come to expect from Marriott.

We hope to see you for a future visit!! Thank you for taking the time to rate us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Adiline is the best front desk clerk I have ever dealt with. She was very accommodating. When my room was not ready, she offered a short term option to get me ready for my meeting. The others at this hotel were also awesome. I love the rooms, full kitchen and stainless steel appliances.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ResInnGM, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
CatchTheGerm~ Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience! Yes, Adilene is awesome and always willing to go the extra mile! I appreciate your comments about our staff! We pride ourselves in delivering the best guest service possible.

I do hope you will stay with us again when in the area, as we consider our guests 'family' and it's always great to see a familiar face! :) Thank you, Michael Knepp- Asst. General Manager
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Two things happened that will cause me to never stay here again. First, my daughter (10) slipped and fell in the shower. I caught her arm since I was in the bathroom and she was not badly hurt. Even knowing that the shower/tub floor was very slippery, I slipped (caught myself) in the shower as well. The second was when we started investigating the electrical wiring after realizing our electronics wouldn't charge on a number of plug ins in the room. We found non GFCI plugs in the bathrooms - near water! The smoke detector kept flashing a bright light all night long. It woke me up constantly. There were a number of other issues that made this a lower quality than we usually expect from R.I. (and we frequently stay with R.I.), but the safety related problems and my suspicion that even the fire systems weren't working correctly, combine to make this a stay away!

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Donna_mots
ResInnGM, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Donna_mots ~ Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay with us. Our goal is to not only meet but exceed, our guests' expectations. Unfortunately, it does not seem we did that during your stay.

I have addressed each issue you stated in your review, with the Department Managers here on property. We are confident that all has been rectified and would love for you to give our hotel another try if your travels should bring you back to the Central Florida area, and give us the opportunity to show you the quality you come to expect from your Marriott family. Thank you, Michael Knepp, Asst. General Manager.
Allen, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I had stayed at this hotel before for 1 night and I loved it for a Residence Inn. The staff is very nice and accommodating. People make you want to come back when they are so nice and friendly, service with a smile. However, anything more and you get to experience all the comfort of a motel. First of all this motel + will do when you have kids. The hotel was clean, bed comfortable, ok place to laid your head but that is it. The hotel is right by a tollway and if you're a Disney lover plan to drive 20+ miles to get there. The breakfast is fair and it looked and tasted like they went to a Save-on food store and brought their food from the clearance aisle. Stick to the toast, boxed cereal etc., you be happy you did. Forget about washing clothes. Residence inn use to be known as a hotel for travelers staying for 5+ days or more but not if they only have 1 washer and 1 dryer per floor and the hotel was full. Parking is free but a nightmare. There is not enough parking space and if you get back late plan on parking at the neighboring hotels. I'm a platinum member with Marriott and I used my points. Marriott raised the hotel category to a 5 which in turn cost a lot of points there. I thought Marriott category was based on quality and status of the hotel but not so. Nice lady on the phone states it is more on popularity. I can't said I won't stay here again if I have kids and points. I just think it might be a tad too high if I had to pay with cash.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Camarynok1
ResInnGM, Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Camarynok1~ Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at my hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed with the breakfast and parking. We are always looking for ways to improve and your comments are greatly appreciated. I do hope you will stay with us again for a future reservation when back in the Central Florida area. ~ Michael Knepp, AGM
Helena, Mt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed here one night on family vacation for 3 of us. Very pleased on check-in when they upgraded us to a very, very nice 2-bedroom suite. The 'room' was very large, well laid out and clean. The extra space and bedrooms separate from the kitchen and TV area was great. We were disappointed with their evening reception ... just chips and cheese night. Breakfast was typical Residence Inn fare. Staff were professional and friendly. Our departure was delayed when we had to wait almost 20 minutes past the scheduled shuttle time to get back to the airport. The area is very safe for walking, with numerous other higher end hotels. Several blocks away there are some restaurants and fast food.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ClarkCreek
ResInnGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
ClarkCreek~Thank you very much for your feeback on our hotel. You are correct about our two bedroom suites and how large they are. They are like an apartment and come fully furnished. We hope that you will stay with us again.~Jennifer Harper, GM
Bella Vista, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Just got back from a 6 week stay at this hotel.

Ok, so i'll be the first to admit that the public areas of this hotel need work - a lot of work. The hallways had lights that were burned out, some of the wallpaper was "stapled" together at seams where the humidity was making it peel. The pool was desperately in need of power washing and they needed to double to number of operative umbrellas in the pool area for shade. They also needed to build a smoking area (maybe out by the lake?) where smokers could sit in the shade - because what was happening was that the only shaded area near the pool (adjacent to the door to the breakfast area) was used by smokers resulting in cigarette butts, a permanent smoke smell, and badly stained patio furniture. Also the grills were in disrepair and desperately needed cleaning.

Ok, that said my room was always flawlessly clean, comfortable, and quiet. I had a 2 room suite with comfortable, modern furniture, excellent WiFi, plenty of power outlets, a well stocked kitchen etc.

But what really sets this hotel apart from other hotels were the people. Sebastian at the front desk, Kim who roamed the lobby talking to everyone who came through and really spending the time to get to know each guest... Pedro who always stopped to say hi whenever he saw me, and assistant manager Mike who went out of his way to make things right for me when I had a little problem or two. They treated me like family -- even offered a "welcome home!" when I came through the door after a busy day.

Being away from home for 6 weeks is never pleasant, but the staff at this hotel provided customer service that is second to none! World class! So amazing that I was able to overlook some of the very minor cosmetic issues that they faced and can recommend without hesitation that you stay at this hotel if you have business near Orlando International Airport!!

Great job!!

Room Tip: Wifi is better at the far end of the hallway (near the basketball court).
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike W~Thank you for your honest feedback of our hotel; our staff really goes out of their way to make our guests feel at home, whether it's for six weeks or just a few days. I hope that you will try to stay here again if you need to be near the Orlando airport.~Jennifer Harper, GM
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

My family stayed at the Residence Inn Orlando Airport for 4 nights (1 night before our cruise and 3 nights after). The two bedroom suite we got was spacious and decorated very nicely. There was two beds (which were VERY comfy), a large pull-out couch, a full-size kitchen and two bathrooms in our room - all for a great price.

The staff was very helpful and courteous. We had problems getting the free wi-fi to work and they tried their best to repair the problem. There is also a complimentary business center with two computers and printers available which was easy and convenient to use. The complimentary breakfast was also great and had many options (like bacon, eggs, fresh fruit, waffle-maker, biscuits and gravy, yogurt and even potato wedges).

The main problem with the hotel is it's housekeeping/maintenance services. In the room we stayed in the first night, one of the bedroom doors hinges was completely broken and the door wouldn't even shut. Our other room was not cleaned properly - we found over 10 bobby-pins on the floor, a fork was lying beside one of the beds, pretzels were left on the ground, and hairs were found in the bathroom. It was like the housekeeper was making the room more dirty than clean!

If this hotel got better housekeeping and kept the rooms in better shape, it would be the perfect place to stay near the Orlando airport. Despite these issues we still enjoyed our stay at the Residence Inn and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Clarke19
ResInnGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Clarke19~Thank you for your feedback on our two bedroom suites. They are definitely a very good size for a family. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the hot breakfast and that the staff was helpful. I certainly apologize for the broken items and things not cleaned in the suite. That should not have happened. The Executive Housekeeper has addressed the issue with the newer people we have in both the maintenance and housekeeping departments, so that we can avoid this happening to our other guests. I hope that you will try to stay with us again if you come back to Orlando. Again, thank you! Jennifer Harper, GM