“3rd time but probably not again”

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Ranked #135 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

3rd time staying here. Unfortunately this trip coincided with Easter Week and Spring Break and I was assigned a courtyard facing room which was very noisy at night with all the teenagers congregating in the centre field. 3 calls on separate nights failed to make the hotel staff enforce the signs for "quiet time between 10pm and 9am". Some nights the noise went well into 11pm, almost midnight on one occasion. Far from wanting to be a kill-joy I just wanted to rest, as did the children in my group. They could have gathered in their rooms where at least the sound proofing would have dulled their racket.
Apart from that the hotel was as i've experienced in the past - handy for visiting Disney parks, clean with helpful staff (although I was mis-informed of parade times on one occasion which meant we missed one show). The food court has plenty of variety, if a little pricey.
Would i stay here again? Probably, but only if it was much cheaper than Pop Century or Art of Animation and if I had a room AWAY from the centre football field.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Revatron
There are newer reviews for Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We were able to get this Hotel on a very good deal for the first part of our honeymoon. The staff were really friendly when we arrived both the desk and concierge. We were upgraded to a preferred room as we were n honeymoon for which we were glad as otherwise there was a lot of walking. The preferred rooms are by the pool and the food court. The rooms are clean. Even though it is only a three star it felt less. The toilet door was a slide door. I could hear next doors ablutions during the night. There was a curtain around the sink area. But at the end of the day it was clean enough ( the carpets needed a good deep clean) and it was somewhere to rest your head. The beds were very comfortable. The unlimited drinks were great and I would recommend buying a cup to use while you are there. Our only issue was the food court.The food was basic fast food. I had a meal, chicken and mash potatoes which was extremely poor, hospital food is better. Some of the other food was edible. The staff looked fed up in the food court and at times rude, giving one word answers. We should have complained but felt we didn't want to, in the end we got breakfast and ate it in the room and went to international drive the other nights.

Room Tip: Book a preferred room before you go though the ones by the pool can be noisy at night time.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 1,697
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We booked through Thomson and had no real issues. There was a little noise from kids playing footy etc. in the evenings, resort was spotless, and well managed, lifeguards watching the pools were very keen, maids clean the room every day to a great standard. I was a little concerned at some of the negative posts here but I would have no hesitation in going again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Allan P
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Spent 4 nights in this resort and I'm very satisfied with the Disney Resort experience. This was my 7th time visiting Orlando but my first time staying in a Disney Resort, I would definitely recommend if you haven't tried it before.

First of all, you can't expect a five star experience when it's clearly a value resort, and C'mon there's so much to do in Orlando rather than spend the day in the hotel, it's not worth spending lots of money on your Resort.

My wife is currently a cast member at AK and I was visiting for Spring break, so she got there before I did and had already checked in. So I barely had any interaction with the cast members but everyone was friendly. I am very pleased with the Magical Express and Disney Transportation service. Room was OK. Enough space and amenities as you would expect from a Value Resort. I stayed in the football building facing the football field and had no trouble with noise or other guests.

I will definitely stay in the All-Star Resorts again, but I'm also looking forward to try some of the high end Resorts.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank prosalesf
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The hotel is nothing fancy but then this is a value hotel (think a sports themed premier inn). The good thing with the Sports resort is that you are the first stop for the shuttle buses and therefore you can always get a seat on the bus which the others struggle with. The staff are very friendly helpful and polite. Whether or not we were just unlucky when we were there, but there were literally hundreds of 18-21 year olds whose behaviour was certainly a lot better than their British counterparts. But nevertheless the pools were full of shouting and horseplay involving American footballs and difficult for younger children to swim and enjoy it.

Room Tip: Ignore reviews on here saying you need to spend money on a preferred room, because of the distance t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ajoc12
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here with our three little kids, ages 1-10 years old. It was perfect. Since it is considered a "value" hotel, I was nervous, but had nothing to fear. Check-in was smooth and the cast member was very friendly and enthusiastic, giving our girls pins and asking if they're pirates or princesses. Very cute and so Disney. :-) However, I recommend checking online before arriving, that line was much shorter. We had already received our Magic Bands in the mail which are genius and act as your room key, payment for meals and other purchases of you choose to, and your park tickets and fast passes.
I asked for a portable crib at check in and by the time we got to our room 5min later, it was there and all set up. Awesome.
The room was a decent size, but nothing special. Plenty of towels, and more with a simple phone call. The light was out in the hall so I called to have someone fix it, and 15min later it was done.
There is a huge food court open until midnight which is outstanding. Breakfast is served until 11am which is much better than other hotels. You can buy reusable cups and pay by day in advance and fill as often as you like, which is a great value.
The transportation between parks, other resorts and the airport is incredible. We never had to wait very long and the ride was short.
If your want to stay Disney and save money, look no further.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Kaylasmom07
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed here for two nights only because our high school baseball team was staying there too. It was great to be able to take advantage of Disney's direct buses in and out of the theme parks. Buses arrive every 15 minutes and you can't beat that. Both the resort and pool are huge! The only thing that bothered me were the uncomfortable beds and lack-there of pillows, but we were so exhausted from the theme parks we knocked right out! I remember thinking, "I bet the Grand Floridian guests aren't sleeping on boards..." :) We did not eat at the food court because we heard the lines were long for not so decent food, so we just waited and ate at the theme parks. Customer service was great - it was definitely the "Disney" experience. Would have liked more explanation of the magic bands, but as they say "know before you go." Overall, when staying at a moderate hotel you have two choices; stay and save the money for another great Disney experience (such as an extra day at the theme park or water park) or stay somewhere a little bit nicer.

Room Tip: Always ask for higher level rooms away from elevators and stairs (much quieter!)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carolyn J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's All-Star Sports Resort? Share your experiences!