“Personality plus” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #152 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Athens, Georgia, United States
“Personality plus”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

Kathleen made us feel welcome right from the get go! The rooms are a bit dated but the personality of both the hotel and the personnel are classic. This is a great choice for families looking for Disney World lodging.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Arabic first
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

I stayed at this hotel beginning of December this year and last year for a business convention. The staff at this hotel went above and beyond receiving and storing my frozen food packages (as well as many other company representatives). They understand the needs of busness travels. I will definitely stay there again. Only downside was the breakfast buffet $10 was not worth the value. I only ate there once out of the 4 night stays. The omelette was over-cooked and burnt on one side. Fortunately, there were many good breakfast places around the immediately area.

Room Tip: Perkins has excellent breakfast. They use fresh ingredients (for example, not frozen spinach) in om...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LauraRadler, Manager at Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your stay! I am so pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. I will be sure to recognize the staff for providing you with top notch service.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

We stayed at this courtyard for a week recently based upon the strength of reviews here. We weren't disappointed, but there was nothing to really impress us either.

The front desk service was obligatory-polite. The breakfast didn't open until 630 each morning, crowding out anyone who had to travel early. The design of the hotel is atrocious. Getting to the lobby from one of 200 rooms involves a good 5 minutes of walking and we're young and in shape. Try it yourself.

Room was fairly clean, but there was no central AC and the wall/window mounted units were pretty loud on low. No NFL network to watch Thursday games on TV either. Bed was stiff and linens seemed on the low end. Bathroom had no fan. Can't remember being in a hotel bathroom that didnt have a fan.

We didn't get a chance to use the pool area but it looked nice. There's a hot tub as well. They have a shuttle service to the Disney resorts that was good enough. Some of the times got you there too early or too late, but all of the buses showed up and there were no problems. The drivers seemed friendly. You'll stop at a few other hotels as well, but none of the travel times seemed to be over 20 minutes.

The food in breakfast was at least average for a buffet. The waffle mix was pretty good, better than other Marriotts I've been to. Service was mixed - some people were great and others weren't. The room service was terrible and I'd not recommend. We ordered a Margarita pizza, which we expected to have multiple slices of tomato, mozzarella, and fresh basil. It came as a plain cheese pizza with two slices of tomatoes and little specks of dried basil. Not worth the price. They sell sandwiches for $7 that look like a finger food. No value here.

The market was a better option. They had some honest pricing if you wanted to eat really light. Try a bowl of Ramen and a Dasani for $2.50. A stouffer's lasagna is $7, though.

The ATM the owner choose to locate in their lobby charges $3.50 - thanks Marriott! Don't blame the ATM owner, blame Marriott for endorsing that kind of charge. Aren't we getting hit enough in the theme parks? =)

No major incidents, but wouldnt return the next time we return to Orlando. Better options out there, and no one there seemed to go out of their way for us. If you want a splash of luxury, you wont find it here. If you want something cheap with transportation to the theme parks and average everything else, this will work great for you.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank EScissorhands0
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Lake Buena Vista. I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy the hotel based on your review. I can assure you, the hotel is constantly updating the facilities to ensure complete guest satisfaction. I will be sure to share your comments with our team so we may address the issues you cited. Thank you again for your comments. They are truly appreciated.

North Richland Hills, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

This hotel is in a fantastic spot. It has a ton of food choices within 1 mile and alot of them are within walking distance if you don't mind a brisk walk. The Florida resident rate of $79/night was an excellent value. The front desk was very courteous but I wasn't happy that they couldn't give me a king sized bed. The double beds are very small so unfortunately my husband and I had to sleep in our own beds. I absolutely HATE feather pillows and I woke up with a headache both mornings so I don't know if I am allergic or not, but that's my personal issue and not with the hotel. It seemed noisy at night with alot of door slamming.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Manchester, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel the first time in October 2012 and enjoyed my stay so much that I booked another stay here two weeks later when I was back in Orlando on business. This hotel is a little different than most Courtyard Hotels. It targets both business travelers and tourists, which gives the hotel a feel that is welcoming to both types of guests. I was in Orlando for trade shows at the end of October and beginning of November. I stayed in this hotel because the price was so affordable, and it was close to the trade shows I was attending. The hotel is near shopping, retaurants, and several amusement parks. The hotel had a very nice breakfast buffet, which is a bit unusual for Courtyard Hotels. The rooms were comfortable with a work desk and reliable internet service. The hotel staff was quite friendly, which is why I decided to return two weeks later when I had to be back in Orlando for another trade show. The price got me in the door, but the hotel brought me back. When I need to be in Orlando in the future, I will look again to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Greg A
Ebbw Vale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

wrote a review on this hotel 2 years ago and was very complimentary. when booking to go to orlando we had no hesitation in staying again at this hotel. gladly nothing as changed about this hotel, everything that was good is still the same, i could almost cut and paste the last review. a big thank you must go to the very friendly staff so helpful wether advice on restaurants shopping parks etc.to the cleaners who assorted our childrens toys in a different display on the beds every day which they looked forward to seeing when returning after another hectic day and to the managers who upgraded us to a family suite.
this was the first time we drove in orlando after 3 previous holidays relying on public or hotel transportation. after listening to countless people telling me how easy it is we decided to hire a car for the middle week of the holiday. during this week we used the car to go to universal studios( no transportation from hotel) and to the many shopping malls. this made a tremendous difference and definitely added to the experience in the past it as been a nightmare hopping on different buses to get to the parks or malls and then back home with a pile of bags. have never driven abroard before or an automatic car so was initially a little nervous however the hotel is so conveniently situated you are making more or less the same journey day in day out, coupled with very well signposted attractions, it soon became an enjoyable bonus of the holiday. in the future will have a car for the full trip.
for food within walking distance millers ale house is still the star attraction fab food for a great price would love one of these to open up in the u.k. dennys mexican very nice but no jalapenos on their nachos shame. the knife argentinian buffet is well worth the money never seen so much meat in my life great choice a bit pricier and kids are charged by height rather than age which comes in handy if you have two shorties like me. olive garden still good. hooters boneless chicken wings stunning had the two mile island and spicy garlic good kick on both.
noticed disney parks prices have gone up in the last two years dont know much about their disney dining plan but could be worth looking into.
will return to orlando some day and would not hesitate to book this great hotel again

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank theowenclan
Berkshire, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

We originally booked into another hotel on Palm Parkway (ranked over 100 places higher than the Courtyard) but were so disappointed with it that we decided to check-out and find somewhere else to stay. The Courtyard was just down the road so we thought we would see if they had any rooms.

The lady on reception was very helpful and let us look at a room and a suite before deciding if we wanted to stay. We chose a room and got it with the breakfast package for a very good rate. After the other hotel, it was nice to have a brightly decorated room that was clean and welcoming!

The hotel has two nice pools, a hot tub, pool towels and plenty of loungers. There is a small play area for children. The breakfast is excellent value for money and one of the nicest buffets that we have had in our travels. There is a business centre just off the lobby with free internet access (and in all the rooms), free coffee/tea all day and iced water for those who want it. Although we didn't go to any theme parks, there is a Disney ticket desk and a shuttle to the parks. The hotel also has a good size gym and a shop that stays open until 10.00pm.

Overall we really liked this hotel and would definately return and recommend to friends.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple