Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre
Ranked #170 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Staff was great, including the bartender at night. Rooms are starting to show their wear and tear. Usually courtyards are more business related hotels but I would label this as more families for Disney which is understandable with their location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jokerz24
David M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Jokerz24:

Thank you for the review. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stay at this hotel every time we go to Disney for its convenience and great price. It is located very close to Downtown Disney and other great restaurants and shops. Parking is free and there is a great breakfast buffet with Mickey shaped waffles that you can make yourself. Great choice for FL residents.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Lauren M.:

Thank you for the review and your repeat business. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We used this as our base camp for our excursions to the various parks in Orlando. It's close to both Disney and Seaworld.

I will start by saying it does not look like a conventional Courtyard that I'm used to. I'd say the property might have started as a Comfort Suites or similar motelish brand. As others have noted, the grounds are somewhat sprawling, and we were given a room towards the back but it wasn't that much of a walk.

While the property might have started as a Comfort Suites, the room interiors was definitely Courtyard style so good bedding, furnishings etc. Our one problem with the room itself was that it had a slightly musty smell. We turned off A/C the first night and the smell went away so it was probably A/C related.

I was surprised by the fact that they were extending the free breakfast benefit to all levels of Marriott elite during our stay (I was silver) so we didn't pay for the breakfast. Breakfast is buffet style with the ability to order omelettes and egg dishes if desired. They also have a Mickey Mouse waffle maker which got my kids hooked on waffles for the next few days.

We only swam in the pool nearest our room and it was fine for getting wet in, our only complaint was the surface was fairly rough on our feet.

As others have said, internet was pretty bad. In my case I did not have a decent WIFI signal, probably due to the room location. The downside is I also didn't have a decent signal with Verizon either. Fortunately I was not here for work so it gave me an excuse to stay off net for a couple of days but if you depend on the internet, be aware the issue is still there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
David M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear ronin308:

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience. I know we had a few issues cutting over with the new internet but based on your comments would it be possible to email me directly with which room you stayed in so that I can research the internet signal as well as the A/C odor? My direct email is: dj.mccarthy@oplhotels.com.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Not much time here. I have a big presentation in about an hour, and here I find myself writing a review which I rarely do - only when I have an exceptional experience, or an awful one. This is the latter.
Will keep brief:
-Hotel should be a Days Inn or Econo Lodge
-The internet, my biggest beef, is just a touch slower than dial-up and has been for the 14 hours I've been here. Was told that it will be fixed tomorrow. I ran into a guest with the same complaint who has been here for 2 days - he was told the same thing two days ago.
-At 6:10 a.m. today I came down to lobby to get coffee. It was thermos coffee and there was an employee in the immediate area starting her shift. As soon as I took a sip of the coffee I cringed b/c it was cold & awful. She knew this ahead of time, yet did nothing. As soon as she saw my reaction she said, "we're waiting for a fresh pot"...I then noticed there were 2 other guests in the area waiting for the same thing - warm fresh coffee. Go figure - at 6:10 in the a.m.
-Leaving my room at 830 the elevator I had been using was out of service. I had to go down the stairs - no big deal except my only option was to then exit outside of the building. Rather than being able to cut through the interior of the property I had to go around the entire hotel while lugging my duffle bag, computer bag, projector bag and hanging clothes. I tried to get in the first available entry that required a key, which I had. It wouldn't let me in.
-The place is tired....Other than the lobby which is average, there is nothing else that would indicate this is a Courtyard. I travel quite a bit and stay in Courtyards 25-30% of the time. You usually know what you're going to get and it's pretty decent. Clean, contemporary, reliable internet, good service, updated amenities, etc....Not so here.
-Breakfast..was seated by the same young lady that I had the exchange with at 6am - the "coffee girl"....she asked if I'd like some coffee...she didn't recognize me and I simply said, "yes please"....it didn't come. I had to track down a waiter for a coffee. There were about 5 people in the place at the time.
Room air conditioner - it's one of those low rent units that makes a lot of noise - on off on off on off on off. That for me is typically the indicator of the type of stay you are going to have....
That's it...worst Marriott ever. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank dan c
David M, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear dan c:

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience. However, based on your comments your stay was unsatisfactory and for that I sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. Regarding your comments around the internet, we finally went live with a new provider and have had overwhelming positive comments from our guests since. I know that does not address your previous stay with us. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you and our future guests have an exceptional experience on yours and their next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My kudos go out to the team at the Courtyard even though we did have a couple of issues during our stay. Harris (one of the managers) took care of our problems quickly! The hotel has WiFi but during our stay they were in the process of updating their Internet and that was one of the main reasons for choosing this location. I had a work related project that needed to be sent out and the staff allowed me to utilize their personal computer even though there were computers in the Lobby area (they were operating slowly due to the changeover). Work problem solved!

Our room was on the main floor overlooking the pool area and was meticulously clean and included a mini refrigerator. There was an issue with the "neighbor" next door to us but one call to the front desk and the security team was on it. They inquired about the issue and then reacted to alleviate the situation. Thank you for having a great Security team!

Overall the hotel is exactly what a Marriott should be and more! The pool and spa areas are clean with towels provided! Breakfast is available every morning until 11 am for an extra charge...made to order omelets, Mickey Mouse face waffles, sausage, bacon, cereal, fresh fruits and more. Hallways are well lite, common area bathrooms spotless, decent gym area and gift shop has it's usual sundries.

Parking is provided, there are bus shuttles to Disney, close to I-4 and if you are available on Wednesdays from 5-6 pm, you can join in the Manager's reception (missed that so I can't comment on how good it was).

Definitely will be staying here again because of Harris, Mimi, Tamara and others that I unfortunately didn't get their names. It is the customer service provided by the staff of this Courtyard Marriott that make your time away from home feel like you are at home!!!!

Room Tip: I don't think there is really a bad room!
1  Thank Darlene C

Dear Darlene C.:

Thank you for the kind words and great review. I will certainly recognize the associates you've commented on for providing you with such great service. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed here for one night again before checking into our Disney resort. The beds are still comfortable and the location is perfect. We love this hotel and their service is consistent and good. This was our third or fourth time here and we will be back. The breakfast buffet is a must before a looong day at the parks!

Room Tip: Ask for a room inside the main building.
2  Thank Robert V

Dear Robert V.:

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience and for the great review. We are delighted to hear that you felt that our hotel "beds are still comfortable and the location is perfect. We love this hotel and their service is consistent and good". Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

I would also like to thank you for your repeat business. During your next trip and if you have the time, it would be a pleasure to introduce myself to you. Typically, I'm in the main lobby from 7:30am - 9:30am. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

After spending a lot of time researching hotels I opted for this one. I was impressed at check-in with how nice staff seemed and the gift bag they presented. Things took a turn however when I realized I could get no internet access. Went to front desk to get assistance-need a tour guide to find the front office on foot from back buildings. Of the girls at the desk the first one seemed completely baffled as to Internet and then second girl said "oh yes, we're getting a new provider and won't have internet until late in June. Was told I could use the business center. I said I wish I had been made aware when reservation was made and walked away. Single parent traveling with small child made business center an inconvenience. One of the pools is too deep for my grade-schooler and other pool had several dead bugs in it. Cancelled the rest of my reservation and changed hotels. Much happier.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Chi_townfan_7:

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the internet. It has been a challenge for us and as of June 7th we have completed our upgrade to the guest internet and have had very positive reviews from our customers since. I know that does not address your previous stay with us but I hope you give us a second chance in the near future. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit