This is my second stay in this hotel (the first one was in October of 2013). Having been a Marriott Rewards member since 1996, I have stayed almost exclusively at Marriott properties (and affiliated chains) all over. So, naturally, I like the company and I really want to like this hotel. It's very close to the Disney parks and five minutes away from Downtown Disney. It's very easy to get to from I4 and Apopka-Vineland road, unlike the properties at the Marriott Village about a mile away, which are a nightmare to get in and out of because of Orlando tourist traffic. The breakfast is very, very good with plenty of options and at $12 for the full buffet and $9 for the continental, is quite affordable for a hotel in a dense tourist destination- even better is the fact that quite often, breakfast is included in the rate, making it a great deal.
However, there are many low points. The hotel was not built as a Courtyard. It looks old and like a cheaper property, save for the very nice lobby and some details in the rooms. The bathroom fixtures are outdated and not well kept. The fridge in my room did not close, so it was leaking water. I told the person at the desk (Coralys) and nothing got done about it. I told them again when I left. Now, this was not because I wanted to keep something in the fridge; it was because the carpet was wet and the room smelled bad! You'd think it would be in their best interest to look into that. And that is the thing about this hotel; it seems as if no one really cares. The staff is nice enough, but the place has many little things wrong (broken bathroom fixtures, dirty hallways, worn out towels, loud, old and inefficient a/c units, etc.) that on their own are just little things, but once you put them together, then it adds up and the hotel is not as nice as you would expect. For my money, the Fairfield just behind this Courtyard is a much better deal with the same advantage in location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a comforting Florida stay near the magical wonders of Disney(R) at the Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre. As an official Walt Disney World Good Neighbor(R) Hotel, our lodging offers an unbeatable location, just one mile from Walt Disney World(R), along with free and convenient scheduled shuttle so guests can enjoy worry-free access to their favorite Disney(R) parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Marriott and TravelUp so you can book your Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista At Vista Centre Hotel Orlando
- Courtyard Vista Centre
- Orlando Courtyard
- Orlando Marriott
- Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista At Vista Centre Florida