“Bad customer service”

Arnold Palmer's Bay Hill Lodge
Ranked #197 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The hotel is nice and very quiet, but the customer service is really horrible. The front desk lady had poor customer service skills. I told the manager about how rude she was toward us, but he acted careless about it. Also, do not use the bath robe, our was not clean at all.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 100catracha

Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

Had one night unhooked and had seen Bay Hill on TV when watching golf. It did not disappoint. Unfortunately Arnold was not there! Nice ambience. Staff very helpful and attentive. Wish we'd had more time there. Will go back.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I will begin this review by disclosing that Arnold Palmer has been my idol since I was a little kid. Despite that fact, this will be an unbiased review. My wife and I just returned from several days at a conference in Orlando. The conference was at a huge hotel located near Sea World with large crowds of people and packed swimming pools. Having grown tired of huge hotels, my wife and I decided to stay at Arnold Palmer's Bay Hill Lodge instead, which is located only about 10 minutes away from the conference hotel. We could not have been happier with our decision. Bay Hill Lodge, the staff, the golf course, and the other amenities are first rate. I mean this in a good way in saying that the facilities have the feel of a quaint country club from the 1970's. The lodge in located in the Bay Hill neighborhood, away from the busy streets of Orlando. The big secret is that many Floridians leave the area in the summer because it can be hot and humid, so summer is a slow period at Bay Hill Lodge. Coming from Texas, the humidity was no problem for me. With only about 65 rooms in the 2 story lodge, I can't imagine the busy season is even very crowded, but during our entire stay we felt like we had this fabulous facility much to ourselves. From the moment we were greeted by friendly John at the front door, we were treated like important members of an exclusive country club. There was staff everywhere, and each person made a point to say hello and ask if he or she could do anything for us. Cheryl and Sara, who work in the dining room and bar, remembered us each day and were a delight. If you admire Arnold Palmer as much as I do, you will be in awe of the Arnold Palmer pictures and other memorabilia throughout the lodge and in each guest room. There is a warm and cozy feel to the club, especially at night. Unlike the big hotel we avoided, at Bay Hill Lodge everything is quiet and calm, the food is excellent and reasonably priced (breakfast and lunch entrees around $10), the parking is free, and the staff does their best to make sure you have a memorable stay. There is a junior olympic swimming pool that was never overly crowded (club members and their kids were there). Because it was summer, golf was only about $80, and it was very easy to get on the course, which was in great shape. With 27 holes, if you want to go out on the course by yourself for a quick 9-holes, you can do it, as it was never crowded. There is also an excellent driving range and practice facility. My clubs were put on a golf cart the day we arrived, and each morning the golf cart was pulled out from the storage area with my golf clubs on it, awaiting my next round of golf. Our room had an amazing view overlooking the practice facility, and the room felt like a cozy ski lodge. From the bathroom fixtures to the furnishings, everything throughout the facility was top notch and looked new, but with an older charm. If you are tired of the big resorts and truly want some quiet time at a fabulous small facility, or perhaps miss the old country club feel from years ago, then I encourage you to try Bay Hill Lodge. It is more expensive during the busy season of winter, but I challenge you to find a better value in Orlando in the summer. My wife and I will definitely be back to this amazing place. Arnold Palmer will always be my hero, and his influence in shaping what is his winter home, has been a resounding success for many years. I am upset at myself for waiting so many years to stay here. My recommendation, don't pass up the opportunity to spend a few days at Arnold Palmer's Bay Hill Lodge. You will be glad you did!

Room Tip: I recommend a room on the 2nd floor facing the golf course.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bill S
Reviewed 6 June 2013

It was nice to finally find a quiet place to stay in Orlando. My daughter and i often travel alone and safety is a big concern. We not only felt safe but we were so comfortable we overslept and got a late start home. Thank You

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Of course, you can object that the rooms are getting a little old or that the food is not the best in the country…
But do you care?

If you are a golfer is just a dream come true to come to one the word golf meccas…

The course is amazing, the staff is perfect, and you are truly treated like a king.
And, cherry on the cake, you get to meet Arnold Palmer who is the nicest and most approachable golf legend in the world.

Very strong recommendation for any golfer.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Geneva_Fats
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed on a golf package and it was brilliant value for money.

Room was nicely furnished, very much an old clubhouse feel to the rooms, all on two floors, a lot of the rooms overlooking the course with balcony's where you can smoke, bathroom was nice enough and complimentary papers. Beds were very very comfortable.

Breakfast was included on our deal, worth it too, lovely clubhouse where you have it, again overlooks the course, they will bring you whatever you want plus there is a buffet too. Service from the staff was fantastic.

Hotel restaurant and bar has a nice feel to it, again it feels like a golf clubhouse but then that's exactly what it is. Plus drinks are cheap at the bar, $3 for a beer which was a nice surprise! Oh and the Golf course is pretty special.

I loved everything about my trip to Bayhill, from the guy announcing my name on the 1st tee, to the beautiful course, I will most definitely be coming back many times.

Room Tip: Request one overlooking the putting greens, simply beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Byron_DAF
Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

Booked Bay Hill as surprise for husband who is keen golfer. Got a "bucket list" package which was excellent value. Staff were friendly & helpful - especially Pamela in the Bay Window bar & grill for puttin up with our witty banter for most of the day & night! Food was fantastic too. Excellent value for money!

• Stayed: May 2013