“Not cool at all.”

Ranked #187 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Winter Park, Florida, United States
“Not cool at all.”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

The place looks good on the outside, but the rooms are filthy. They only have half of the channels they say that they have. When you take a shower, water gets all over the floor because someone had the great idea of putting shower curtains that are too short for the shower. You don't get enough towels because you used most of them to clean up the water from the shower. The toilet paper is the cheapest I have ever seen. I have seen 3 prostitutes already since I have been here and I have only been here for 24 hours. Their coffee is horrible and so is their breakfast. DO NOT COME HERE.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Jonathan M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed 9 February 2012

When I checked in at 8PM the front desk clerk booked me for one night instead of two. I travel and work at night, so I went to work at 9PM that night and returned at 8AM the following morning. Put my DO NOT DISTURB sign and went to sleep. at 11:30am after only 3 hours sleep I was woken up by a CRAZY housekeeper who insisted it was past check out and I needed to GET OUT!!! She was banging on the door like the hotel was on fire.I understand there was a mistake with my check in and they had me down for only one night, but there were not people lining up in the lobby waiting for a room... The hotel should have given me the benefit of the doubt and not break the Cardinal Rule of Hospitality by disturbing a sleeping guest. End of the story, after much back and forth, they dropped my price by about $100 buck. Not worth the aggravation. I will NEVER stay there again and will think twice before staying at a Best Western again.

Room Tip: In my case, I suggest to review the check in docs to make sure they put the right dates.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Rolie C
Treasure Island, Florida
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I had made my reservation online and wouldn't ya know I made it for the wrong date. I arrived that evening and was told that I didn't have a reservation for that night, it was for the next night. Consuela at the front desk was more than helpful and changed my reservation with no questions and she didn't make me feel stupid for making such a mistake.The room was fantastic. We had a King suite and it was large and well appointed. Bed and pillows were very comfy and we slept great. Our room was very clean as well as the grounds and walkways. My only complaint would be that their only snack machine is in the pool area and therefore locked up after pool hours, and sometimes you just gotta have a midnight snack.Other than that I had a wonderful stay and a great free breakfast in the morning!! Great experience, great staff, great rooms!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HotelManager10700
jacksonville
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Stay away from this hotel.... You would have a better chance staying under a bridge then here....I went to bed and when I woke uo there was roaches in my bed...When I spoke to the front desk I was told basically that I was lying because they did an inspection and didnt find anything...Mean while I have photos to prove it...What's that old saying go to bed with dogs you wake up with flea's....Well you spend the night here you wake up with roaches.....Stay at your own risk....

Room Tip: You want a tip to find a good room? Choose another hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank sha k
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2011

The room was clean, only good bit. The location was good. Staff were, Staff!! The corridors were old and need of an update, dirty and smelly. There were ice and coke machines that did not work. the Air con was noisy, we were travelling around so were not here too long thank goodness. It was in general old and needed an overhaul

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank Lilies68
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 June 2011

The two days we stayed at this hotel were not pleasant at all. The only good impressions were the front desk person, the hotel breakfast & its location. The property looks good on pictures but it is old & not well lighted. It was a bit uneasy walking to the parking lot, laundry room at night. The rooms were old, smell musty. The air conditioning on both rooms were very loud. The bathrooms were worst, cracked walls, old doors. Be ware of the front desk hours, it closed from 11PM-6AM and this was a smoking property too. I chose the nonsmoking rooms but that was not matter. Would not come back for sure.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Tran_Clarkfamilies
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 20 September 2010

I usually stay at a hotel closer to the University of Central Florida when traveling there on business but picked this hotel as the closest available. Location is probably the best this hotel has to offer with lower than average room prices. If you are not concerned with service related issues normally expected when traveling then this may work for you. The front desk staff was extremely indifferent to my request to not copy my driver's license along with my credit card upon check-out. In fact, they scanned my license directly into their computer even after I asked them not to do this. I offered to pay cash instead and was ignored. Many people are not aware that not only is this practice not required by the credit card companies but is inadvisable because the information on your driver's license along with your credit card can be used to commit credit card fraud using your information. Rudeness seems to be the norm at this Best Western. Keep a close eye on your credit card accounts if you do stay here. Hopefully you will be able to avoid this hotel. I will never go here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business