“Not good for long term stay”

Best Western Orlando East Inn & Suites
Ranked #188 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I travel for work - Best Western is not usually my first choice but I had to use this hotel due to location. I asked for a wake-up call when I checked in for 6 am the next morning. It never came. The alarm clock in the room is ridiculously hard to figure out and I am a techie! I asked if they could send someone to help me in setting it up and that didn't happen BUT - they did have someone set it for me - 5 days later and for the time I had requested for my initial wake-up call, which was NOT when I needed to get up any other day but the first. Since it is VERY hard to sleep here ( all rooms face the outside and people drag their suitcases along the ground all hours checking in and out, plus the loud conversations they carry on while doing so), I did NOT appreciate being woken up 1 1/2 hours earlier than I needed. The cleaning staff liked to hang up my dirty towels for re-use, I cut my finger and got blood on the sheets and it took 3 days before they were changed, the tile floor was disgustingly filthy, the rooms are old and have that nasty moldy smell and my room had cockroaches - at least two that I saw scurry under the refrigerator when I came in the door. There is a very grumpy older man that works the front desk that doesn't open the lobby right on time - usually 5 minutes late - so if you need to get your coffee/breakfast promptly because of a work schedule where 5 minutes DOES make a difference, just be ready to wait at the door even though he sees you and the clock on the wall clearly shows the time. If you need a good night's sleep, this is definitely NOT the hotel for you.

Room Tip: If you need sleep, ask not to be put anywhere near the pool as they don't regulate the hours and...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Stacey F
GM10346, General Manager at Best Western Orlando East Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

I am very sorry for the several problem areas that you encountered while on your business trip. I take these issues very seriously and have addressed these incidents with all the departments involved. It is not the norm of our hotel to fall short on so many areas. I apologize on behalf of myself and my staff and will make sure our future guests do not experience the same mishaps as you did.

Best Western Management

There are newer reviews for Best Western Orlando East Inn & Suites

Reviewed 21 August 2012

I booked a last minute room online that was close to my brother's school. When the family finally got there at 11pm the room they gave us had the two double beds, but the smoke in the room was terrible! I don't know why hotels still allow smoking in the rooms. We immediately left and went back to the front desk. The lady changed the room to a King suite...trust me, it's not what you think. We went there and the sheet on the sofa bed had a stain and the pillow on the bed looked like it was sitting on the floor collecting dust. We were so angry that we left. Me, my family, or anyone I know will not be checking in at Best Western again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank ChynnaTravels
GM10346, General Manager at Best Western Orlando East Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

I am very sorry to hear about the poor service you received while staying at my property. I as well as my management team, take your comments very seriously and will address these concerns with the proper personnel. In order for us to be effective in offering the best service, it is comments like yours that will help us achieve those goals. I appreciate your time and candor and will make sure your issues will be an isolated event.

Best Western East Orlando Inn & Suites

Reviewed 4 May 2012

nice rooms with friendly staff, pet friendly ok pool outdoor grill area

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris M
gonzo1963, General Manager at Best Western Orlando East Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit, we here at the Best Western East Orlando Inn & Suites take pride in the fact that our guests had a most enjoyable experience. I hope you return to our property and have a even better time on your next visit.

With regards,

Best Western East Orlando Management

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I booked room online with two double beds and was told by front desk that the room they were giving me had one double bed. I was traveling with my husband and two small children. She was rude and seem to be very "put out" that I was not going to accept the change. After much discussion we were given a room with two double beds. The room smelled of smoke and stale cigarettes.terrible!!! We complained again and said we could not have children sleeping in the room because of the smell. Front Desk finally found a room that was suitable but this was not an experience I would like to repeat. We will never stay there again and will think long before staying at any Best Western anytime in the near future..

Room Tip: Book another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank CBfromCanada

I am very sorry for the unpleasant experience you had while visiting my property. We can only learn from your experience and set forth a game plan to ensure our future guests are not subjected to the same experience. I appreciate your candor and promise that this becomes a isolated incident.

With Regards,

Management of the Best Western East Orlando

Reviewed 19 February 2012

The place looks good on the outside, but the rooms are filthy. They only have half of the channels they say that they have. When you take a shower, water gets all over the floor because someone had the great idea of putting shower curtains that are too short for the shower. You don't get enough towels because you used most of them to clean up the water from the shower. The toilet paper is the cheapest I have ever seen. I have seen 3 prostitutes already since I have been here and I have only been here for 24 hours. Their coffee is horrible and so is their breakfast. DO NOT COME HERE.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Jonathan M
Reviewed 9 February 2012

When I checked in at 8PM the front desk clerk booked me for one night instead of two. I travel and work at night, so I went to work at 9PM that night and returned at 8AM the following morning. Put my DO NOT DISTURB sign and went to sleep. at 11:30am after only 3 hours sleep I was woken up by a CRAZY housekeeper who insisted it was past check out and I needed to GET OUT!!! She was banging on the door like the hotel was on fire.I understand there was a mistake with my check in and they had me down for only one night, but there were not people lining up in the lobby waiting for a room... The hotel should have given me the benefit of the doubt and not break the Cardinal Rule of Hospitality by disturbing a sleeping guest. End of the story, after much back and forth, they dropped my price by about $100 buck. Not worth the aggravation. I will NEVER stay there again and will think twice before staying at a Best Western again.

Room Tip: In my case, I suggest to review the check in docs to make sure they put the right dates.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Rolie C
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I had made my reservation online and wouldn't ya know I made it for the wrong date. I arrived that evening and was told that I didn't have a reservation for that night, it was for the next night. Consuela at the front desk was more than helpful and changed my reservation with no questions and she didn't make me feel stupid for making such a mistake.The room was fantastic. We had a King suite and it was large and well appointed. Bed and pillows were very comfy and we slept great. Our room was very clean as well as the grounds and walkways. My only complaint would be that their only snack machine is in the pool area and therefore locked up after pool hours, and sometimes you just gotta have a midnight snack.Other than that I had a wonderful stay and a great free breakfast in the morning!! Great experience, great staff, great rooms!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple