“convenient to Asbury Seminary”

Best Western Orlando East Inn & Suites
Ranked #182 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Clayton, Alabama
“convenient to Asbury Seminary”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I stay at this motel several times throughout the year and the staff is always very helpful, professional and polite. The hotel building is aging. Some of the appliances need to be updated. But, overall, it is a good hotel and convenient to Asbury Theological Seminary.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 May 2013

It may look decent outside, but the rooms are not that great. The bathroom and room smells bad. Had to buy an air freshner because it was so bad. The water smells bad too. Queen size bed and one sofa, and there's a wall barrier between bed and sofa (odd). The breakfast bar was not good. There's a pool, it's okay. And the jacuzzi was out of service. Ice machine out of service.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank jthavichith
GM10346, General Manager at Best Western Orlando East Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
It is unfortunate that you and your family encountered many issues that made your stay less then satisfactory. All of your concerns have been addressed with my staff with the exception of our spa. Unfortunately there is never a good time to remodel, however our spa is in the process of being resurfaced. It is not the norm of our hotel to fall short on so many areas. I apologize on behalf of myself and my staff and will make sure our future guests do not experience the same areas of concern as you did.

Best Western Management
Pacific Grove, California
Reviewed 9 April 2013

The staff at Best Western Orlando East Inn & Suites did an outstanding job of anticipating our needs cheerfully and professionally. Patricia, the gal who oversees breakfast service every mornging, was particularly helpful. She noticed that I drink many cups of decaf every morngin and made sure the caraf was always full. Breakfast items were replenished before they were low. All this was done for hours with a quiet, responsive cheerfulness than was most welcoming. Other staff members at the desk and in Housekeeping were also outstanding, Even employees just coming in to work would go out of their way to walk over an open a door for a guest. The overall feeling made our visit very pleasant and relaxing. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Millville, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 April 2013

These other reviews are way off. This hotel isn't awful...actually it was AMAZING for the price. We didn't need anything fancy. Simplicity was key for us but this hotel had some really nice amenities that we didn't expect. Free continental breakfast. Nice picnic area with BBQ grills & tables. Rooms were clean. Typical studio style room but it also included refrigerator, flat screen TV, free wifi, & nice bedding (no nasty dated granny print comforters) thank goodness. Hotel located next to highway which was very convenient for us & even better that the noise was minimal; CAN'T even hear the traffic in the rooms. Every staff member we encountered was friendly & helpful. Very pleasant stay. Next time I'm in Orlando this will be the hotel of my choice.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Stayed at this hotel an a creepy maintenance guy knocked on the door just to be nosy an see who was in the room I guess he spotted me an my companion in the court yard an wanted to check it out what a creeper black guy with glasses by the way. Called management to complain they said there was nothing wrong with him doing that ok I thought the customer was right what a weirdo

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Ty2381
Witney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We booked this motel on the BW website then canceled after reading TA reviews. Then driving past thought it looked nice so gave it a go. So glad we did. Room lovely. Beds better than home. Staff nice and friendly/helpful. They told me they are always being mistaken for poor BW down the highway. Will be returning to this BW at the end of our Florida fly/drive

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

South Carolina
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Upon our arrival at the hotel, I noticed that the lobby was dark and the door locked. After my initial confusion subsided I found the hotel had a security window. My husband and I were both looking forward to a good night's rest after a long trip. Upon our arrival at the hotel, I noticed that the lobby was dark and the door locked, however, after my initial confusion subsided I found the hotel had a security window. After waiting several minutes in the cold waiting for service, a sullen and unfriendly clerk came to the window and slowly rang up my room. Figuring his demeanor was due to the late hour of our check in, my family and I made our way up to the room. The room was very cold when we entered and I was dismayed to discover there were no additional blankets (or even pillows) for the beds in the closet. Frustrated, cold and tired, I crawled into bed and immediately fell asleep.

This morning when we woke up, I went into the bathroom to take a shower and noticed that the room had no towels at all. In fact, the only bath linens were two brown-hued hand towels hung on the bar in the hotel room and a stained washcloth draped over the side of the shower in the bathroom. My husband picked up the phone to call the front desk and tell them about the bath linens just to discover the phone was broken and without a dial tone. Repulsed and frustrated, I decided to forego a shower until I returned home and simply wash my face and dry it with a clean extra shirt I'd brought, which is when I noticed the soap was unwrapped and the shampoo was half-empty and loosely capped. This being the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back," my husband, daughter and I immediately packed and left the room. As we were making our way back to the car we encountered an elderly man with a walker struggling to get down the stairs. Upon further conversation and inspection, we discovered this was because the hotel was also without a working elevator. When we were checking out, my husband complained to the front desk about the hotel's condition, lack of customer service and bath linens, filth and broken phone and the concierge simply and unapologetically said, "Okay."

I immediately went to TripAdvisor to see if others had experienced a similar stay at this Best Western and found people had encountered screaming maids, roaches and prostitutes wandering the property. I will never stay at this hotel or any "Best" Western again.

Dirty. Nasty. Unfriendly.

Room Tip: Keep driving past this hotel. #vile.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank TheExcitedSoutherner
GM10346, General Manager at Best Western Orlando East Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
February 20,2013

I am very sorry for the several problem areas that you encountered during your visit to our hotel. All of your concerns have been addressed with my staff. It is not the norm of our hotel to fall short on so many areas. I apologize on behalf of myself and my staff and will make sure our future guests do not experience the same areas of concern as you did.

Best Western Management