“Great Value”

Best Western Orlando East Inn & Suites
Ranked #188 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The décor needs to be updated but the staff are really nice. The pool needs to have some attention to it as well. I'm in a hotel 80 plus nights a year for business and for the price it cannot be beat in the area. Get the upgrade so you can have a fridge and micro in the room. The rooms are spacious enough to have a living room feel. Nice flatscreen T.V and decent Channel selection. Easy access to the highway to get you where you need to go.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Orlando East Inn & Suites

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I checked into my pool view suite and after moving all my things in was asked if my dog would be staying with me. I told them he would and informed them he was a service animal and offered to show his identification. I was told by the representative that there rooms are not pet friendly and I would have to move to a pet friendly room. A service animal is not a pet. I told them this and they again said, yes but the suites are not pet friendly. They also tried to say that it was because of allergies. This type of discrimination is illegal. I didn't want to fight with them so I moved into their pet friendly room, which faced the back parking lot, and was also their smoking room. It wasn't awful at first, just smelled a lot like air freshener, but once the air freshener wore off it reeked of cigarette smoke. On top of having to switch rooms I was told that I wouldn't be charged more. How nice of them to not charge me more after this inconvenience and DOWNGRADE. After leaving I told them I wanted one of my nights comped. We checked out on Sunday so they said I would have to talk to the manager. Upon talking to the manager during the next week I was treated very poorly, and called a liar even though you could surely see in the computer that I had to switch rooms... clearly I didn't request to move from a pool view suite to a parking lot smoking room that smelled...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jace L
Reviewed 4 August 2013

After spending a few days in the Keys, we travelled back up Florida and spent the night in this hotel. The room was huge and comfortable. The lady at the desk was very nice even in the light of a slow computer. We checked in, then went out visited the local Wal Mart, did a round of minature golf and returned for a restful night.

Breakfast included all the usual bread, bagles, muffins and the like and also included Sausage Gravy and Biscuits. Coffee was hot and we had absolutely no problem with out visit.

It was convenient to the 417 toll road.

The downside is that it is completely across town from the Theme Parks and it cost about $5 to cross town on the toll road.

We would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Needed a simple hotel for one night, and chose this due to price.
Room was ok,
Bed was ok, bathroom a bit gringy.
Breakfast was ok but lacking
Really cannot be negative, but I will pay a bit more next time to get better quality

Room Tip: Be careful, there have both smoking room AND pet rooms. Clerk told me that you cannot pre request...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew D
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 July 2013

always stay at best westerns the service is great friendly staff love the fact it has wifi and breakfast is delicious. always recomned this to family and friends would not stay at any other hotel besides bestwestern cost is affordable clean rooms excellent service

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Great value, quiet property, excellent staff. This property is located in a central area with easy access to the 417 which takes you to Disney on one side and Heathrow on the other with everything you want in between.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Family stay with two boys, 7 and 5 for two nights here and were pleased. We were there for a wedding nearby. Pool was fine, they wondered why the whirlpool was closed but I knew it was from reviews here. There was a small sign saying it was closed at the front desk, but off to the side. I thought the room was clean, bathroom and sink area has been upgraded to granite countertops at some point. I thought breakfast was great. French Toast sticks, Pour/make your own waffles, sausage gravy. Possibly needs another microwave as breakfast area got crowded and heat lamps only work so well. Zero problems checking in Friday night around 7-8 pm or checking out around 11am Sunday. I really have nothing to complain about. I thought the price was right, especially considering the area and the cost of downtown hotels.

It's in an area away from the tourist destinations, so I'm not sure I would have a need to stay there again, but I would definitely stay there again if I needed to be in the area. I would think the best utilization would be for business travelers looking for a bargain as it's just East of downtown "skyscrapers" of Orlando.

If you're originally from the Philly area, there is a brand new Wawa really close (brought that back for lunch one day after swimming). Also, an easy 20 minute drive away, you MUST visit Brianto's in Avalon Park for an Amoroso's roll cheesesteak, especially if you've moved away from the Delaware Valley like we have. I've wanted to try the place the past few times in Orlando and finally made it! BTW, the traffic signals there on Colonial Dr have to be the slowest changing ones in the world. If you're trying to make a left onto Colonial Dr. It might be better to make a right instead and do a U-turn or turn around somewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family