We stayed here for the third week of our family holiday after spending two weeks at downtown disney (we booked through virgin holidays).
The Hotel is set back a little from the I drive. Its serviced by the I trolly stops 19 and 20, and the new Orlando eye is being build across the street. Its opposite pirates golf. There are lots of different places to eat within walking distance and Pointe Orlando is a short walk away too. We found the i trolly busy and unreliable. Often busy by the time it got to stops 19/20 and sometimes full (and you now pay for children over the age of 3 on the trolly).
Even though there is building works across the street this didn't affect our stay here. There was no additional traffic or noise at all.
The hotel is very friendly. There's a modern feel from the moment you walk in and we were immediately made to feel welcome.
Check in was great. We were given a room right around the back of the hotel though, and because if our daughters disabilities we asked if there were any rooms available closer to the lifts. They provided us with a new room straight away.
So the rooms are basic and the deco makes it feel a little dark, not as fresh as reception feels, but adequate enough. Only gripes with the room is that there is not enough storage space. There was three of us and found it tight for clothes space. The room does have the space for additional drawers. Families staying here will need more storage unless they are happy living out of a suitcase. Also it would be better with in room safes.
Very adequate on site shop. Even has a microwave to use to heat up any frozen meal you may purchase out of the small freezer section.
The hotel has a small starbucks. Decent food provided too. Ideal for a quick breakfast. Only negative, the staff need to serve the coffee as its ordered, as a few times, once we had received our breakfast we were still waiting on the coffees to arrive, sometimes nearly finishing the food before they had arrived.
Pool is small, quiet and clean. Nice relaxing afternoons spent by the poolside.
Once again, it really is the staff that make this hotel. You made us feel like a family member, remembering our daughters name when we came down for breakfast in the morning and saying hello was a lovely start to the day!
I would recommend anybody who's looking for a good i drive location, near to eateries and a friendly service to look at this hotel.
For eating, try the Brick House. Great atmosphere, decent food and drink and good prices (especially during happy hour) with friendly service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Austrian court just off International Drive just 1 mile from the Orange County Convention Center and within 10-15 mins drive time to the theme parks. 151 room hotel with Modern Essentials including the Bistro our food and beverage outlet, the Market 24 hour pantry, very private pool area, free parking and excellent service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Expedia, Southall Travel, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Orlando International Drive/ Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Marriott
- Orlando Courtyard
- Courtyard Orlando International Drive/Convention Center Florida