“Very nice hotel with a very good service and price”

Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #103 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I flew to Orlando redeye from LAX on December 1st and got there on time around 7AM on the 2nd. After picking up my rental car, I decided to drive up to the hotel to find out how early I can checked in. I arrived at the hotel roughly around 8:30 AM, The hotel lobby was very clean and nicely decorated with christmas ornaments. I was greeted by Lisa the front desk staff, she was very nice and courteous. She actually able to checked me in right away and I was in the hotel room by 0900!!
When I opened the room door, I was surprised by the size and the cleanliness of the room. Linen were stocked, crisp and smells very clean. I got 2 queen sleep number bed in my room, good and comfortable. Nice little sitting/work area by the window. Microwave and a good size refrigerator with 2 cold water bottles inside was a good touch. Nice size flat screen TV and a lot space to store my stuff.
Bathroom was very clean with good water pressure and lots of extra towels. Nice deep sink so you won't splash the water around the sink while brushing your teeth.
One night both of my room keys were not working, but within 10 minutes they were able to send engineering staff to open the door for me. GREAT JOB!!
The proximity of this hotel to the freeway is actually an advantage for me. I did not find any problems exiting from and entering the hotel in this rather busy street/fwy. The theme parks are within 30 minutes driving from the hotel. DT disney probably about 15-20 minutes.
Overall, this hotel is really good and I would not think twice to stay in this hotel again. There is NO PARKING FEE, NO RESORT FEE, NO INTERNET /WIFI FEE at this hotel!!! NO surprise charges!!!
I already pay 300 dollars + 15 dollars to park/day to go and enjoy Disney World, why would I need to pay extra when Radisson provided all of this amenities for all of their guests for FREE!!

The hotel manager, Terry Novalis must be doing a great job to be able to deliver such a good service all the way to the front staff.

I could not say no more, but I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and to all trip advisor visitors and members.

Thank you to all the staff at Radisson-Lake Buena Vista!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank TimBudi
MgmntTeamRadissonLBV, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

Dear Becky:
Thank you so kindly for sharing your experience with us and other travelers! It is vastly helpful! We truly appreciate your patronage to our hotel and would be so happy to have you return to us again in the future! Happy New Year to you and thank you once again! Best wishes! -Radisson LBV Team

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Nice hotel. Super clean and the room is a good size. As owners of a sleep number bed my family really appreciated having one during our vacation. Staff very friendly and helpful. Great location, close to everything. Will definately be returning. Thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: Pick an upper floor. The nightime view is really pretty.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2011

This hotel is a hidden gem. We come to Orlando frequently, particularly to the theme park area, and we have stayed in literally dozens of hotels in this area. We will DEFINITELY be staying here again. It is not a large hotel, but it had the feel of a much more luxurious hotel than we were expecting once we were inside. The rooms were very well appointed, beds were extremely comfortable (sleep number), and the rooms were quite large for a standard 2 queen bed room. The lobby is very nice, the staff very friendly and helpful.

2  Thank sd_fan92

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We are happy that you enjoyed your visit and will return again! We aim to please here and are often underestimated- thank you for proclaiming satisfaction with us so that others will know as well! best wishes to you in 2012! Looking forward to your return, the Radisson LBV Family

Reviewed 17 December 2011

Location was excellent to theme parks and lot's of nearby choices for dining. Rooms were spacious and we made use of the fridge and microwave. I am not a fan of sleep number beds, but they were comfortable and the bedding was nice. Had issue with remote for TV, but maintenance responded within 5 min of calling front desk. Rooms were quiet and the air-conditioner worked very well. Our room was very clean and maintained very well by the cleaning staff. Only ate at the dining room once in the evening and the food was hot and enjoyable. Marie gave us great service. The bar is small, but Luke made it very entertaining. The only downside to the hotel is that the outdoor pool is not heated...but the hot tub was great and the pool area nice. I would defiantly stay at this hotel again! . .

Room Tip: Higher floor and back side of hotel was very quiet
3  Thank gypsey55

Dear 'Gypsey55'...We are so happy ot learn that you had an enjoyable stay and that our Staff, amenities and services did not disappoint! We truly appreciate your review and your visit to our hotel! We will be more than happy to welcome you back, should your travels return you to Florida! Thank you again and best of wishes to you and yours! -The Radisson LBV Family

Reviewed 16 December 2011

First off, I am based in the UK and our annual family trip is always to Orlando. I think I can honestly say that we have stayed at most of the hotels in the Lake Buena Vista/Disney area. Being in the UK, I can only go by what I read online for choice and there has been many times when I turn up and feel a bit disappointed. I read some great reviews for this hotel, so this year, we went for the Radisson LBV.
All I can say is this is prob one of the best hotels in this area of LBV/Disney. When you walk in you are greeted by a huge posh foyer and the staff behind the counter are very friendly and cant do enough for you. The rooms are large and spotless and those sleepnumber beds are great. From our room we could see the Disney entrance and the neighbouring Disney Hotels (which cost alot more and in my opinion, not as good as the Radisson). You have a choice of great food outlets and a large supermarket all within 5 mins walk on the same road. ( Steakhouses, Chinese, Fish, MCDonalds, Pizza Hut, Subway etc) so you are spoilt for choice at normal, not Disney, prices for food.
This is the only hotel after years of visiting the area that we are def going to come back too. For the price, location, cleaniness, size and friendliness, this hotel cannot be beaten.

7  Thank Martin R

WOW! Thank you so much for giving us a chance! We are SO happy you enjoyed yoru stay and we would absolutely LOVE to have you with us again! When you are ready to return, please contact the hotel direct- we will be ahppy to take care of you! Thank you for visiting and taking the time to post a review of yoru experience with us! Best wishes in this new year! On behalf of the Radisson LBV Family, Angela

Reviewed 13 December 2011

More of a business hotel than for a vacation. The rooms are nice but would advise the side away from the main I4 freeway due to noise. We asked to be moved after our first night and the reception staff were very helpful and moved us immediately. The only outside relaxation area is the small walled off part of the car park containing the pool. With major roads close by on all sides of the hotel it's not what I would call relaxing.

Room Tip: On opposite side rom the I4 freeway
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rob-jock
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Hotel is located 5 minutes from Downtown Disney. Check in was a breeze. Lobby and public areas were spotless. Room had 2 double (sleep number) beds. The beds were comfortable....just hard to adjust the bed to the exact number you wanted....but thats a sleep number bed issue. Liked the option of changing firmness of the mattress. Bathroom was great...lots of counter space for mine, wifes and sons toiletry bags. Nice shelves under the sink for extra room. Shower had very strong pressure and hot water. Area had lots of restaurants within walking distance. Couch in rooms opens to a fold out bed. All in all...a great stay and we will be back for our annual Disney trip.

Room Tip: Per the front desk...all rooms are the same...
2  Thank diggy29