“Very dissapointing. Better choices nearby in same price range”

Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #85 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco
“Very dissapointing. Better choices nearby in same price range”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed here b/c I was redeeming Radisson (Club carlson) points. I would have been better off paying and staying some where else. They put us in the wrong room (no sofabed for my son - and hotel doesn't have roll aways). Moved us to a room with the extra bed, but insisted on charging for the "upgrade." We needed to switch out of the new room b/c the carpet was soaking wet (and had an intense chemical smell) from being cleaned recently. The third and final room was fine but found a lot of dirt/grime along the carpet in front of the window. Looked like it had been there a while.

Restaurant was terrible and manager was beyond rude.

I needed to drop off my wife and son at Disney World, so I asked the concierge how we could do that. He said it wasn't possible to drop off without paying for parking. Fortunately we looked on the internet and found the route to the (free) Disneyland drop off area.

I've liked the other Carlson properties I stay at, so I was surprised at how poor this one was.

Room Tip: Check and mak sure they have the correct beds for your party as the hotel does not have roll aways
1 Thank WXkid
MgmntTeamRadissonLBV, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear' WXKid':
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Please accept our sincerest apologies to you, as this review does not align with our passion and commitment to excellence in Hospitality.

The Team here, at the Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, values your feedback and works diligently to ensure any claim of dissatisfaction is fully investigated. We appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention.

We would like to discuss your stay personally and invite you to please contact the hotel directly, during business hours (M-F, 9a-5p), and ask for our General Manager, who is happy to speak to you personally.

Many thanks and warmest regards,
The Team at the Radisson Hotel Orlando-LBV

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2014

It was my first time staying at this hotel. My expectations were not very high as it was the 4th of july weekend.
The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable and very clean. The location is great, right by Downtown Disney and Outlet Mall. We didn't use the pool so I can't give my opinion. I would definitely recommend this hotel, I know i'm staying again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mary786218
Reviewed 9 July 2014

It is our second time at Radisson Lake Buena Vista and they are fantastic! We just loved staying there. Thanks for the staff! The cleaning people, the front desk staff that kept our packages safe and sound!
It is close to many and nice restaurants and also Disney Resort! Premium outlets and walmart and target. Of course you need a car to go to these places.

I wish the beds were not so electronic! They are not so comfortable as real mattresses.

If they offered included american breakfast in the stay it would be great! So we do not have breakfast at waffle house or anywhere else! But this is not a negative point at all.

Thanks to everyone at the hotel and see u soon for sure!

Great front desk girl called Angela! She is friendly, nice, polite and cool.

Thanks thanks thanks

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Vanessa V
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was very pleased with our stay at the Radisson while on vacation in Orlando. We checked in on June 30th and stayed for 3 nights. The lobby was very clean and check-in was swift. My twin boys enjoyed swimming in the pool! I would definitely recommend this hotel for any family looking to stay close to theme parks but do not want to spend resort hotel prices.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and you will be pleased.
3 Thank drewchris33
Markham, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We spent 7 nights at the Radisson and really enjoyed the stay. The rates were reasonable, the hotel was newly renovated, clean and comfy. The beds were really nice and adjustable. Wifi and parking are free. The servers at the restaurante - 4 different ones that served us during our stay was amazing, friendly and wonderful. Dinner was fairly priced and not bad tasting (portions are right sized) and we were exhausted after long days at the parks so eating in was nice.

Pool was clean and the hotel was not over-crowded. Shuttle was not very frequent, but they were mainly punctual and we did not miss a single bus (get there 5-10 mins before hand).

overall, we had a great experience at this hotel. it was comfy, clean and quiet. Staff were pleasant, friendly and helpful. will go back here again.

Room Tip: higher floors away from the elevator - in general the hotel was very nice and quiet.
3 Thank Evadave
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have spend in this hotel 5 nights during my stay in Orlando and have to say I was really impressed. The rooms are specious and well designed with big bathrooms. Rooms were really spotless and housekeeping was very good during the whole stay. I was very surprised by the toiletries - all from Rituals, which again suggest high standard of the hotel.

We also had one breakfast buffet, with very good selection of hot and cold food for about 12$ (all you can eat). There was absolutely no issues with ordering eggs in preferred style done to your order.

Service at the front desc and restaurant was very nice and helpful.

Wifi and parking space are free which was lovely addition.

Overall, really great place to stay, which I fully recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Karolina W
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The beds were comfy, service was nice. Restaurant on site, not the best but after a long day it doesn't taste that bad. Parking lot was a bit of trouble to get into. Location was nice close to downtown Disney and other restaurants and shops. When we went the pool was much too cold to use.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family