“Nice Place”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Accra, Ghana
“Nice Place”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a nice hotel. I stayed with my family (wife and 3 children) in June 2014. The location is great. Close to downtown Disney, all the Disney Parks and Outlet Mall. There are some stores at a walking distance. Breakfast is very nice, though not cheap and wifi is free. The staff are friendly. We enjoyed our stay.

1 Thank Adewale A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Orlando
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We had terrible service at the restaurant and waited for over an hour for our food! The next night we come back and the lobby is soaked from the shower, no one put caution signs out and out 4 yr old slipped on the way in. They then put the signs up and dried the floor.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Implicitghost
MgmntTeamRadissonLBV, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear ‘Implicitghost’:

Hi there~ we appreciate you taking the time to share a review of your recent stay with us. We are deeply saddened to learn of your dissatisfaction with our Restaurant Service and agree with you, that if you indeed waited a full hour to receive your meal- that is unacceptable and we sincerely apologize. Please trust that this report has been addressed directly with our Restaurant Team.

Regarding your mention of the floor and an incident of a ‘slip and fall’, please be assured that of course we value each and every guest’s wellness to the highest degree. Should an accident occur, our Team is readily available to complete an incident form with you and assist you as needed. As Floridians, we are all too familiar with constant rains showers and in that, our Team is trained to place all relative items and communications for guests, as soon as the rain comes, which is often suddenly. If you desire to discuss this claim further, please contact our General Manager, directly and at your earliest convenience.

Once again, we thank you for your feedback and apologize that your visit with us, fell below expectations. We do extend an invite to you return to us again in the future, at which point, we are determined to meet and exceed your expectations.

Warmest wishes,
The Radisson LBV Team
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had an upcoming reservation at one of the Disney properties, but after a day exploring some Orlando colleges, we decided to use our Carlson points instead of paying for an extra Disney night and chose this property based on prior reviews and proximity to WDW.

As noted, this hotel is right off the interstate. From the outside, the property does not appear too inviting - there's a large gift shop to the one side of the property, a lot of blacktop and not much else. Based on all of the TA reviews, I guess that I was expecting a more inviting landscape.

Upon entering the hotel, we were warmly greeted and our room was fine - clean room area, enough space for 2 adults and 2 teenagers and most importantly, a clean bathroom. Although we did not use the pool, the pool area was small and one had to walk through the main lobby area to get to the pool - overall, not that great. The hotel restaurant was empty.

In my opinion, this is a rather basic hotel that happens to be close to Disney. The property could use a renovation soon as it is slowing some age and I sense that the hotel gets its share of use. You need a car to get to anything Disney from this property - you cannot and should not attempt to walk to Downtown Disney from here as there are very busy roadways everywhere.

I think that the best part about this hotel were the fresh baked cookies :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Hohja_md
San Francisco
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed here b/c I was redeeming Radisson (Club carlson) points. I would have been better off paying and staying some where else. They put us in the wrong room (no sofabed for my son - and hotel doesn't have roll aways). Moved us to a room with the extra bed, but insisted on charging for the "upgrade." We needed to switch out of the new room b/c the carpet was soaking wet (and had an intense chemical smell) from being cleaned recently. The third and final room was fine but found a lot of dirt/grime along the carpet in front of the window. Looked like it had been there a while.

Restaurant was terrible and manager was beyond rude.

I needed to drop off my wife and son at Disney World, so I asked the concierge how we could do that. He said it wasn't possible to drop off without paying for parking. Fortunately we looked on the internet and found the route to the (free) Disneyland drop off area.

I've liked the other Carlson properties I stay at, so I was surprised at how poor this one was.

Room Tip: Check and mak sure they have the correct beds for your party as the hotel does not have roll aways
1 Thank WXkid
MgmntTeamRadissonLBV, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear' WXKid':
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Please accept our sincerest apologies to you, as this review does not align with our passion and commitment to excellence in Hospitality.

The Team here, at the Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista, values your feedback and works diligently to ensure any claim of dissatisfaction is fully investigated. We appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention.

We would like to discuss your stay personally and invite you to please contact the hotel directly, during business hours (M-F, 9a-5p), and ask for our General Manager, who is happy to speak to you personally.

Many thanks and warmest regards,
The Team at the Radisson Hotel Orlando-LBV
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2014

It was my first time staying at this hotel. My expectations were not very high as it was the 4th of july weekend.
The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable and very clean. The location is great, right by Downtown Disney and Outlet Mall. We didn't use the pool so I can't give my opinion. I would definitely recommend this hotel, I know i'm staying again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mary786218
Reviewed 9 July 2014

It is our second time at Radisson Lake Buena Vista and they are fantastic! We just loved staying there. Thanks for the staff! The cleaning people, the front desk staff that kept our packages safe and sound!
It is close to many and nice restaurants and also Disney Resort! Premium outlets and walmart and target. Of course you need a car to go to these places.

I wish the beds were not so electronic! They are not so comfortable as real mattresses.

If they offered included american breakfast in the stay it would be great! So we do not have breakfast at waffle house or anywhere else! But this is not a negative point at all.

Thanks to everyone at the hotel and see u soon for sure!

Great front desk girl called Angela! She is friendly, nice, polite and cool.

Thanks thanks thanks

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Vanessa V
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was very pleased with our stay at the Radisson while on vacation in Orlando. We checked in on June 30th and stayed for 3 nights. The lobby was very clean and check-in was swift. My twin boys enjoyed swimming in the pool! I would definitely recommend this hotel for any family looking to stay close to theme parks but do not want to spend resort hotel prices.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and you will be pleased.
3 Thank drewchris33