“Worst motel ever”

Days Inn Orlando Downtown
Ranked #305 of 339 Hotels in Orlando

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 16 March 2014

location is average high room rate not a problem other hotels much more then this one this place was fantastic from the first minute we checked in super fast the reception Bellki and Phillip were very helpful room were clean In general had a good time next time i will stay there for nice staff

Room Tip: good staff
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Joe C, Manager at Days Inn Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Bob,

Thank you for telling us about your stay and our staff members. We are very proud of them and are very glad they took care of you... We hope to see you return real soon.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 12 March 2014

There's a big notice pinned to the wall outside reception that orders No Loitering. The fact that this hotel needs such a sign in the first place is your first red flag. There were quite a few 'dudes' just hanging out in small groups outside reception and along the front stretch of the building when I arrived... not doing anything in particular, just chillin', watching the comings and goings and so on. They may have been guests, they may not, but interestingly they all melted away pretty quickly upon the arrival of a police cruiser and two officers summoned by a very harassed desk clerk, who was having problems with some dosser who'd been in a room for two days, was refusing to pay for it and was refusing to leave. Upon arrival at my room, at the dimly-lit, far end of the building, I found the door wide open and the room in total darkness. Two more 'dudes' were sat on the steps outside, one arguing with somebody on his cellphone. I went in and turned all the lights on to make sure nobody was already inside, leaving the door open just in case, then once I was satisfied it was empty I closed and barricaded the door for the night. At various points until about midnight, cellphone guy emerged to carry on his conversations right outside my door.
The room? Two roaches, but one was very small, so that's OK. In the fridge of all places. Musty smell (to the point where I have to launder all the clothes I took, even the ones I didn't wear). Bed was comfortable enough, two of the five lights didn't work, the bathroom area was clean and functional, apart from the tiled floor area, which was sticky. The coffee maker, fridge and TV were all fine. I slept with the light on to try to deter any more roaches that might be present, but didn't see any, and once cellphone guy had wrapped up for the night it was actually a peaceful night and I slept well. I was relieved, however, to find my vehicle (a) still there and (b) still intact in the morning. At breakfast, plenty of breads, bagels and waffles available - but NO toaster!
I can't recommend this hotel, even on price grounds. No single female I know would feel even halfway comfortable in such an environment and I admit I thought twice about losing the prepaid room charge and seeking alternative accommodation elsewhere when I got there to find the loiterers, the police activity and my room's door wide open. I will not be returning.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side at least have the parking lot floodlights for illumination. Rooms in other pa...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Joe C, Manager at Days Inn Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to let us know how your stay was.

We apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve,
but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please again except our apology for your inconvenience

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels