Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive
Ranked #245 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Mastic Beach, New York
“days inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

I stayed at the Days Inn in Orlando Florida from April 26 - 30. It was a pleasant stay. The hotel is located on International Drive. I did not rent a car because the I Ride takes you wherever you want to go. The hotel sells passes for the I Ride. $6 for 3 days unlimited rides. The hotel had an IHOP connected to it. The IHOP is open 24 hours. I ate there twice and was satisfied both times. The hotel also has a nice pool. What I didn't like is that the rooms are accessable from outside. My view was the parking lot. I have stayed at Days Inn before and will stay there again. All in all the hotel provided everything you need a hotel to provide for you. The staff was very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the pool. !!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Thai first
Detroit
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

I was in Orlando for a conference at the Orange County Conference center. I have stayed at many hotels in my lifetime, some were even in 3rd world countries - this one was the WORST. When I originally checked in the room smelled strongly of mold. Since it was late I did not do anything right away. The next day I was confrontred with the fact that the tub leaked, and the toilet was wobbly. I asked to have a room switch - but the second one was exactly the same only slightly worse. (This room had dead bugs squished on the walls next to the bed.) In addition to this I had called weeks ahead of time to make sure that I coud ship the materials I needed for my conference to the front desk. The first time I checked to see if they had arrived I was told that they were not going to charge me a previously non-existent fee for having things shipped to the hotel. I put up a fight and they backed down - but they were obviously totally in the wrong, and if I had been passive about it they would have gotten cash from me for nothing...I have seen other reviews mention that it is close to a trolley stop. That is correct. Also made mention is the shuttle to the theme parks. Here is the bottom line on that: The shuttle picks up once and drops off once. After it picks you up you ride the shuttle while it picks up passengers from every other OC hotel. (This took about 1.5 hours and the shuttle was 30 minutes late to begin with.) The I-HOP was the dirtiest, and oldest I had ever been to. Additionally, it took 40 minutes to get my food and I noticed other patrons having the same problem. Lastly, if you want to buy tickets to any of the parks from the hotel desk you should know that it is Cash only (there is an ATM in the lobby though). The final indignity that I suffered was opening my suitcase when I got home. ALL of my clothes including dry-clean-only business suits and dresses reaked of mold. It was so bad that it affected my boyfriend who is allergic to mold. (Needless to say, it was a good thing he could not make the trip.) Don't stay here. Cough up the extra $20 per night to stay somewhere else or you will cough from the mold later.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
3 Thank Onethousandwords

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Walker, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

We had a reservation for a handicap accessable room with king bed. We checked in around midnight, went up to the room and found that it had 2 double beds and was NOT handicap accessable. I returned to the front desk and told the lone person at the counter about the error. Response: Sorry, that's all we have. Period - end of discussion. I'm a very easy going traveler for the most part but this kind of reservation screwup is not forgiveable by me. It was late at night in a busy area that I knew would make it just about impossible to find an equivalent accomodation late at night, so we made do with what we were given.

Hotel location on International Drive is very good. Hotel is probably 20-30 years old and has been kept in fair condition but is starting to suffer in all aspects, from bathroom condition, door condition, etc. Lobby is locked at 11 pm and you can only do business through a security window/slot after that time. Pool appeared to be in good shape - lightly used while we were there.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank northernRaven
Raum Stuttgart
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

quite reasonable accomodation for travellors, who do not want to spend to many $$ while visting Orlando during an exhibition or converence. Walking distance to OCCC and to i-drive trolley stop, bus shuttle to Disney and Universal at front door, freee parking for guests, IHOP on premise, no other F&B on ground, but closeby
Will come again, had a good time there!

1 Thank HeinMan
South Bucks
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

THe base pric e was only 80 US dollars anight but that was not value for money

the reception staff wer OK the pool was just OK but the rooms smelt of mold and were non too clean

I ventured to frachaised coffee room the food smelt and looked appalling and then for a coffee they charged Starbucks prices $2.75 for a filtered coffee,

If you are in town avoid no 9990 International Drive like the Plague

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
Fellsmere, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed here during Megacon and the location worked great. The front desk was very friendly, checked us in early and were very helpful. The room did have a bit of a musty smell at first, but when we ran the a/c it went away. Location was perfect for Convention Center and related activities. A very good deal, will definitely stay here again for next year's event.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Tailwheel
daysinn6588, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. It is nice to hear that you left the hotel with a good impression and we have a chance to earn your return stay in the future. Look forward to seeing you next year.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

I've stayed here twice now while attending a trade show at the convention center.

First the positives. The staff is extremely helpful. Location is good for the convention center. Price is a bargain for Orlando. And finally, it's nice to have a microwave and fridge in your room.

Now the negatives. The whole place feels dated and needs a remodel. The room smelled extremely musty. Thank goodness for my travel candle. I had no issues with general cleanliness but overall the place looks like it needs a scrubbing, new furniture and a coat of paint. While it was free, the WiFi stunk.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Allie620
Thank you for responding to Trip Advisor. We are sorry for any inconvenience you had while staying with us. We hope to serve you better in the future.