“Better than expected”

Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive
Ranked #244 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Went to Orlando for a trade show at OCCC. Booked days inn with points to save $. After reading reviews I was concerned. But I was pleasantly surprised when it discovered rooms had been recently renovated/updated. Don't get me wrong, they are not great by any means, but I was expecting dirty and nasty. So the new pillows and sheets and flat screen tvs were a nice surprise. Bathrooms were nothing special, but fine. And very convenient to walk to the OCCC - since they charge you like $15 a day to park. So if you read older reviews, please understand the rooms have been refreshed in the last few months. Not sure when but pretty recently. I would stay again for the $$$$.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank travel_wm
JumariM, Manager at Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for your comments. My staff and I look forward to serving you again.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife accompanied me as we attended a conference at the OCCC. The staff was cheerful and courteous. The rates were very good for the area. My wife remained in our room each day for some needed private quiet time. The location was very convenient for us but there were a few problems. While the room was clean, the blanket on the bed was soiled with some unknown substance which caused a little concern. The housekeeping staff did replace it after we notified them.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for filling out our survey. We apreciate your comments. I am happy to see my staff responded to your needs in a quick matter. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 October 2013

After a long flight we made it to the hotel & found the receptionist quite rude which didn't give good first impressions of the hotel at all!
Luckily our room was alot better than we expected after reading reviews on here & the following morning reception staff couldn't be more helpful & solved any issues we had very quickly! We had a slight problem with housekeeping on our final morning trying to make us vacate the room early & even after showing her the pack that checkout was 12pm she still tried to make us leave at 09.50am stating i was wrong but after a call to reception, reception staff addressed issue straight away! Housekeeping was great otherwise! Loved the location! Loved the trip! Would consider staying again!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Becw90

Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Convention Center for your choice of lodging. I have read your comments and would appreciate if you could call me at 407-352-8700 or email me at manager@daysinnorlandohotel.com so I can discuse the concern regarding my staff. I appreciate your comments and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Room was ok. Good for price range. Lots of amenities, Issues w/housekeeping but still would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Convention Center for your choice of lodging. We appreciate your comments. My staff and I look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stayed for 7 nights last week of September 2013.
Hotel perfectly located for SeaWorld. I had a newly renovated room on the 4th floor, after changing from a non smoking to a smoking room I was very happy with it. There was also less traffic noise. Very clean room with fridge/microwave/coffee maker with tea/coffee/safe. Clean bedding and towels. Free daily newspapers available in lobby along with computers which can be used for short periods at no charge. I found the location very safe.
Front desk staff were in the main very friendly and helpful. Be aware that they could charge you a resort fee, I had checked direct with Days Inn about this before travelling and was advised that this hotel did not have one. I did not book with Days Inn because the rate was much better on 'Holiday Nights'. I paid the fee on check in and resolved the issue on my return.
The free shuttle to Disney is very good they may have to pick up from other hotels, the day I used it the weather was a little wet so there was only me on the bus so only took 20 minutes to transport centre at Epcot.
Hotel has an IHOP on site the breakfast was very good with great service. Close by there is a Macdonald's/Red Lobster & Denny's which has very good food any time of day at very reasonable prices again great service. There is a Walgreens supermarket about 5 minutes walk from hotel on International Drive which is good for snack and drinks ect.
For cheap transport up and down International Drive get the I Ride trolley a weekly pass will cost
about £8 and can be used any time.

Room Tip: The quietest rooms seemed to be located overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank AB07Preston

Thank you for your nice comments. We look forward to servng you again in the near future.