“Great for the price”

Ranked #243 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 24 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
JumariM, Manager at Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive

Reviewed 18 August 2014

First room I got was terrible with no bathroom shelf or counter top. King size bed was warped. Sheets smelled bad. Room was intended for wheelchair access which I did not reserve online. Sad if this kind of room is assigned to disabled. I requested a change. Second double bed was okay. Smelled better. Had countertop. No cups for hot coffee.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for responding to my survey. I like to receive feedback from my customers that's how we learn were improvement is needed. I will discuss in my next meeting to see how we can provide counter space in my handicap king rooms. We placed a humidifier in that room to remove the bad odor. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel is conveniently located near the humongous Orlando convention center and it is probably the most reasonably priced. However, be aware that the housekeeping staff is the most do-nothing housekeepers I've experienced. I began my recent 5 night stay with tipping daily however, I did not tip on the 2 last nights. Although the beds were made - the room was left incomplete every day. One day we did not receive disposable drinking cups, another no washrags and even though I left the empty box of tissues on the counter it was not replaced the entire stay.
The bed was poorly made - the sheets were not tucked in especially at the bottom of the bed or maybe the sheets were just the wrong size. The bed and the pillows were uncomfortable.

If I go back to Orlando, I will definitely avoid this hotel unless it's the only place available.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
JumariM, Manager at Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. I want to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with the cleaning staff. I will be sure to bring this to there attention. I will also make sure all my housekeeping staff get a refresher training on how rooms should be cleaned on a daily basis. I believe all rooms should be tidy and fully supplied no exceptions. I am happy you found my property to be well located and reasonably priced. My staff and I hope you give us another opportunity soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Surrounded by quality hotels I decided I was going to spend less while attending a conference and opted for this Days Inn. Check-in staff were great. My room was clean and equipped with a small refrigerator and microwave and other little essentials. Even the brand of "instant" coffee was good. I liked being able to step out my door and be on the 2nd story walkway, take the outdoor stairs and be on my way to the convention center. I walked most of the time although a bus was available. The pool is clean and inviting. I saved over $500.00 by staying here and it was refreshing not to be "cooped" in a large high-rise hotel. Walgreen's is within walking distance and even has fresh fruits and salads.

Room Tip: Select a room close to the front of the hotel so you are close to the bus stop, pool, and convention...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

My staff and I appreciate your nice comments. I am happy you enjoyed our nice clean rooms and refreshing pool. We are located in the heart of International Drive walking distance to the Convention Center, restaurants and entertainment. We hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I booked this hotel for three nights. After needing an extra night ended up booking (by mistake)the other Days Inn on the International Dr. . What a difference!! This one was clean, calm and a lot more updated. People at the counter were nice. They gave a huge discount for mail received at their counter. They charge for receiving packages. It is walking distance to the Convention Center. Would use again. One of the three days the room was not cleaned as it should have, but bathroom and bed were ok.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

I am happy you found my hotel to be clean, calm and updated. My front desk staff are happy you felt they were nice. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

hi I stayed in this hotel last year and thought it was great.. that I booked it this year again,, pool and the staff were very friendly. the rooms were cleaned every day and at night you would not hear a sound,, would recommend this hotel,, An the ihop do a great breakfast next door,, AND if you needed a taxi ask for Harold he was great and very cheap,,, r.murphy

Room Tip: second floor rooms as you can see the pool
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank raymurp

Thank you for your nice comments. We hope to serve you again soon again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

If you are looking for a good priced hotel, this one is it. The first room we were given was great, clean and overlooked the pool. The second room was across from the elevator, and musty, damp and dark. The staff was extremely helpful, they helped us with whatever we needed. Do not eat at the IHop- the food there is horrible, the smell in the dining room had a smell that should have tipped me off that the food was not going to be good.
Over all we had a good stay, just make sure you get a room that has a window that allows in the sunlight..
When they sent me an email asking for a review, none of the links worked, so I found this site to leave a review.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms that are near the elevators/out of the sun. They are musty and damp.The rooms w...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
JumariM, Manager at Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for leaving your comments. It is very important for me to know where we excel and where improvement is needed. I will get with the International House of Pancakes restaurant management team and advise them of your comments. I will also be sure to tell my staff how accommodating they were for you. We look forward to serving you soon.