“love this place”

Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #118 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This hotel was the best hotel I ever stayed in. Great pool outside with an awesome bar area. The closest restaurant called Tu Tu Tango's was one of my favorites! The staff was awesome, friendly and caring. Great location with plenty to do within walking distance. Hoping to come back soon. Me and my 14 year old enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lovetotravel7710

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I abhor Orlando but this place really helped me out. It was quiet well kept with a friendly staff and strong internet. I was charged for a bottle of Wine I did not use but it was promptly and courteously adjusted.

Room Tip: Pool Side is nice and secluded.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dave T
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We booked this hotel through a promotion from travelzoo and thought we'd take a chance. This hotel is located within walking distance to lots of nice restaurants, pirate mini golf, frozen yogurt, mini mart and shopping right on International Boulevard. The hotel was decorated in an interesting way, but that stopped it from being boring! Extremely clean everywhere, really. Staff was super nice, always available to help and with a smile. Pool was pretty and very clean. Breakfast was served (for a cost) at a garden restaurant either inside or outside, and May(waitress) was the best! The bar was intimate and friendly, so we never felt strange going down for a drink. There is another outdoor bar by the pool that we didn't have time for, but looked nice. The antlers weren't as off-putting as I imagined because they fit in with the decor. Overall great experience here. Parking is extra. Beds are clean but did not have a pillow top feel. Maid service was excellent. The only thing we missed was a small refrigerator in the room so we kept a cooler with ice all week that we bought at the Walgreens just down the street. Easy access to Universal Studios from Universal Boulevard because International Boulevard gets very busy.

Room Tip: We asked if there were any upgrades available at the time we checked in and were given a room on the...
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Castle Hotel for two nights about two weeks ago. The hotel is in a great location close to everything. It took us less than 15mins to get to City Walk, we were able to walk to have breakfast at Denny's and take a scroll down international drive. The staff was very professional. The hotel was very clean and well kept. I recently stayed at a Marriott in Savannah, GA the price was $169 a night for just a regular Marriott hotel. This hotel does not compare it was definitely an upgrade. I was very skeptical about booking the hotel because none of my friends or family heard of it. I read all the great reviews and decided to give it a try. I am glad I did...I recommend this hotel and will be back during my next trip to Orlando, FL.

1  Thank 2hanna2013
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Interesting place...the building is a cross between Cinderella's castle, a Tyrolean palace and an airport Marriott. Let's just say the theme is eclectic. Facilities are fine if not superb - nice pool, adequate basic restaurant and bar, clean rooms, good location - 3.5 stars. The service has more than made up for the eclectic feel. Virtually every single person on staff has greeted us, asked if we need anything, opened doors, been happy, smiling and outgoing. 5 stars. I would come back just for that. And the Baroque spires.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JMarquette1671
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This hotel has a great location, not far from the Orlando malls and parks.
The decoration is really on the baroque side, but it is somewhat unusual and has some charms. Our room was kind of typical for this hotel category, with LCD TV and safe. However the bathroom was really nice with marble on floor and walls.
Overall our room was clean.
The bedding was good.
We liked the well maintained tropical garden, all around a small pool and spa. Great to have a drink over there in the evening.
The restaurant is well decorated. We had a breakfast. Good but nothing exceptional.
So, what was the glitch?
We had a package for the night, breakfast included. When I checked out, my bill was OK. However some days later, I saw that my card had been charged an additional amount, for the breakfast. I called the hotel, and was told somebody from accounting would call me back. They never bothered to do it.
Even though, after over one week, I see the charge was reversed, it had been nice to hear from them. Obviously too much to ask. But it had been the price to pay to have a 100% satisfied customer.

Room Tip: We had room #611. Great view over the pool.
2  Thank JP M
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I can only judge The Castle from the (excellent) breakfast I had there.... but having said this I could see that the property was very clean, tidy and well presented. It is decorated in a slightly made / eclectic style that I like, and overall has a pleasingly off-the-wall vibe.

My breakfast - two of us both had eggs Benedict, coffee and juice was expensive - $60 - but delicious and very well cooked. I will probably stay there next time I'm in Orlando, it is well situated for the conference centres and the various theme parks.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business