“Not your average hotel, great food and service!”

Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #109 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This hotel is impeccably decorated and boasts of artwork from the personal collection of Mr. Kessler. If you have any interest in beautiful decor, lovely art, and a fresh perspective about a hotel, you should stay here. This is a smaller hotel, with great staff and really good food. I had the opportunity to stay for 3 nights with a small business group and I would stay here again and again. The furnishings are beautiful; you will notice that as soon as you walk in, and again when you get in your room. The attention to detail is amazing.

The pool area is beautiful and the jacuzzi was hot, I used it several times during my stay. I came here on business, and wished I had more time to take advantage of the pool area and spa.

We had a group dinner in the restaurant, and we all agreed that that food was excellently prepared and served. One person in our group was a Vegan, and when asked if they could meet his needs, the chef responded immediately and created a meal specifically designed for him. We were all impressed at how quickly they responded to this request and what a nice job they did.

My room was very comfortable and really clean, the bed was comfy, and the remote had a sleep timer - a personal favorite of mine, as I fall asleep to tv on most nights. The tv service was also nice, with a channel guide by the bed and on the tv (I have stayed at major hotels that didn't provide this). Coffee in the room is almost mandatory these days, and they had Starbucks and a coffee maker in the room, along with comfy bathrobes and slippers.

Overall, this is a great property with an attentive staff and a terrific location off International Drive. I would definitely recommend this to others. While the Castle in the name might make you think of Disney, this Castle is more designed for kings and queens.

Room Tip: Overlook the pool, as high up as you can.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

The new renovations are really nice, but the ac system doesn't work properly in the rooms. The front lobby and hallways are ice cold at all times, but the rooms are miserably hot. We told the front desk the next morning about how uncomfortably hot our room was the first night and we were told the engineer would investigate the issue. Later that night after being in the hot sun all day at universal, we come back and our room was still too hot. We told the front desk again and they moved us to another room for the night. Our new room was just as hot! We woke up in the middle of the night from sweating. We had to call the front desk at 4am to tell them again how hot it was and they ended up delivering a noisy mini fan to sit on the nightstand. We couldn't believe how miserable of a time we were having with this hotel. The next morning we had to once again pack up all our stuff and get ready to move again, but this time not to another room, to a new hotel mid vacation. We had decided that we finally had enough and went to the front desk to check out a few nights earlier than we booked. A new guy we had never seen before, wearing a suit, at the front desk acted like we were lying and then acted like it was a huge deal that he was taking off an early cancelation fee. I assume he was the manager because no other employees had a suit on. We had woken up two nights in a row from being so hot, we deserved a full refund after that unforgettable experience. Before leaving for good, we went up to our room to do a final sweep to make sure we weren't leaving anything behind and walked in to the engineer doing a temperature test infront of the vent. He even said the ac system wasn't working properly. Luckily we found another hotel close by, but we did end up having to pay an early check in fee because we needed a room before their 3pm check in policy. We will never forget this experience we had with this hotel. We came to orlando to celebrate our anniversary and birthdays and after having to deal with all of this truely ruined our trip. We will probably not book another hotel room with Marriott for a very long time after all of this. I would like to comment on how superior one of the front desk men was throughout this whole experience. His name was Eddie and if you get the opportunity to encounter him, you will be delighted with how attentive and friendly he is.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Joe I
David_Me184, General Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Good day,

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us. I truly apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced with the temperature of the room and service. We are constantly striving to exceed our guest expectations with our product and service. I can assure you that your comments will help us and I hope you will allow us in the future a second opportunity to regain your confidence.

Please contact me directly as would like to discuss more in detail about your recent stay. Again thank you for your review.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I were wlaking around sight seeing after visiting Dave and Buster's. We already had reservations at another hotel but when we saw this one we had to come over for a closer look. cool exterior and beautiful interior with cool art pieces. We walked in and asked to take some pictures of the hotel and one of the desk people, Brent, asked if we would like a tour. never expected that, He showed us one of the rooms, looked very nice, and also the outside rooftop terrace. they were both on the 9th floor, and if I was going to stay here and wanted a view , I wouldn't stay below the 9th floor. the views of the city and skyline at night were really pretty from here and he said it was a great place to watch fireworks from Disney. The pool area downstairs was amazing, seemed a great romantic spot to us. And next door to this hotel is a restaurant, Vito's Chop House . The smells coming from there were so tantalizing, we really wished we hadnt wasted our dinner plans on a place we found to be subpar for the money elsewhere. Next time we come up here this is where we hope to stay and then visit either Vito's or the Tony Roma's across the street. I don't know about the rest of the staff here but we were really impressed with Brent.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sharron w
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Tower rooms on 8 & 9 have excellent views, decor, & price. Their location is right off I-4. Their rooftop terraces have seating & excellent views. In-room chicken, burger, & fries at 9pm was only topped by breakfast in our tower room overlooking their pool. Go up to the south terrace or stay in these tower rooms to see Epcot fireworks.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We had a quick & easy checkin process. The valet on (night of May 3) very nice and helpful. About 2am woke up from my sleep by kids in the room next door being loud & jumping on beds and pounding on the walls, called down to the front desk and they responded immediately. Thank you.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank TravelGurl12
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Let me start off by mentioning that the entire Hotel Staff is Awesome, but what I really would like to mention is the Friendliest most helpful Door man(Joe). He not only made my 11 year old daughter laugh and smile but was by far the most helpful. We flew into Orlando and took a taxi to the hotel.
Joe made all the arraignments for my transportation needs allowing us to enjoy a great vacation without a worry. JR Tours transported in a Town Car to the attractions and eventually back to the airport, he was friendly, and professional and to top it off we checked out in the morning and Joe tagged our bags, held them at the hotel and arraigned for JR to pick up our bags later that evening so we could maximize our day at Universal. Joe knew where to go to eat and even where to be at the Gorgeous Hotel to see the Disney Fireworks from the Hotel Roof top. I love Marriott properties but Joe is the Main reason that everyone that visits has an Awesome Experience when they stay.
The Staff at the Bistro needs to be mentioned as well as they will prepare any breakfast combo you can ask for and strive to insure that your dining experience is a memorable one as well.

MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS THAN LET JOE TAKE CARE OF YOU...THANK YOU JOE AND JR TOURS...BRAVO

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank George P
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Lovely stay..staff were lovely , especially the bar man , really very kind and the breakfast staff were lovely. The surroundings are very pretty and the rooms very clean and beds comfortable. The views are fun from the roof top..the fact it looks like a castle , the children love..I found the pool cold..that was what would put me off if anything..and if I really wanted to suggest something, is that we were unable to get a drink or if anyone wanted food within the hotel quite early in the evening, it was impossible as all closed..You have to go onto International Drive...In all , lovely , again thank you

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family