“An Elegant Value”

Ranked #108 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Chicago, Illinois
“An Elegant Value”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The best service at a hotel. Each person working at Castle Hotel goes above and beyond. The hotel is elegant and beautiful. The location is great and safe for night time entertainment. It's a 10 minute walk to the convention center. Along the way are numerous options for restaurants and entertainment. I felt safe walking alone at 11 pm at night. There is a trolley that will take you up and down the road also. The food at the Garden Bar in the hotel was very good if you don't want to go anywhere. I didn't use the pool because I didn't pack properly but the area looks beautiful. If I ever get to go back to Orlando, this hotel will be my first choice.
*Taxi fare from the airport is pricey. Plan to use Super Shuttle or other service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

With all the chaos on International Drive this boutique hotel by the Autograph Collection of Marriott is real find. Beautiful rooms, great staff from valet to front desk to bar & restaurant staff to housekeeping, never have I seen such friendliness. In addition, the rooms are fantastic but more important, the hotel is quite yet right in the middle of the action.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
David_Me184, General Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at Castle Hotel Orlando. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our unique rooms and the personal attention you received from our staff. We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to service you again very soon!
Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay at a Kessler Boutique property, the first being The Mansion in Savannah, GA.

This hotel is a strange mix of refinement and excess. It's similar to when you see a the interior of a nightclub in the light of day.

Check-in was fast and friendly and the room was on the 9th floor overlooking the pool, but the room had not been cleaned and I was moved to the 6th floor. The staff was apologetic.

The hall was noisy at night and the doors were paper thin. I would expect more considering the refinement the hotel is attempting to achieve. Around 2am I called down to ask the staff to quiet down some unruly guests on the floor. Once again the staff was apologetic and quick to remedy the issue.

The room is basic with interesting, fun decor choices. The bathroom is unimpressive, but clean. Once again, subpar considering the mirrored glass thrones in the lobby.

The air conditioner malfunctioned during the night and I awoke to a stuffy, warm room. During check-out I mentioned the air conditioner and the clerk mentioned the air conditioner shuts off if the temp is lowered too low. It was on the lowest setting when I checked in and I never changed the setting. Apparently that setting caused the malfunction. Clerk was apologetic, but not concerned. I would suggest to the property that they place a card next to the thermostat to remind everyone (guest and staff) that at the lowest setting the air shuts off.

The hotel property is connected to Cafe Tu Tu Tango and another restaurant. It's nice to be able to walk over for a bite.

Overall, my stay was ok. The issues I experienced I could have easily overlooked, but the air conditioner issue and the lack of concern during check-out kind of ruined the stay for me. There wasn't anything impressive enough to overcome the dirty room, noise, and lack of air. I did not have a restful sleep.

It would have been nice if the staff had recognized that I had multiple issues during my stay and been more accommodating during check-out. I did NOT expect it, but it would have been nice. This is one of the reasons you choose to stay at a smaller boutique hotel...better, more personalized service.

-quirky decor
-checked in to dirty room
-late night revelers in the halls
-malfunctioning air conditioner
-apologetic, but unsympathetic staff

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank mommy2scarlett
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear mommy2scarlett,

Thank you for taking time to share your impressions of our hotel with the Trip Advisor community. Please accept my apologies for the trouble you experienced when you arrived into the first room and, as well, for the air conditioner malfunction. I can truly appreciate a cool room to rest in with temperatures as high as they currently are. I was pleased, however, to read that our staff was able to accommodate a room change and were apologetic with regards to these issues. We certainly do want to retain your loyalty to Marriott; if I may be of any further assistance with a future booking, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

Warmest regards,
Snellville, Georgia
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The staff was super friendly from being greeting by Joe the doorman to the warm welcoming from Sarahi and Melissa as my visit began.
Beautiful and unique decor, spacious rooms, very clean and spacious. Anytime that I am in Orlando this will be a must stay for me. Guaranteed top shelf service. Returning in August. Can't wait!!!
Johnny

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John H
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Went to Orlando for a Convention. Stayed at the Castle. The lobby was a little strange, the rooms were nice, service was good, 1 block off of I Drive where everything is happening. Walking distance to the Convention center, will probably stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 4ob
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here. The decor is amazing. Rooms are inviting and beds are unbelievably comfortable. Watched Disney fireworks from the rooftop. The staff was very helpful and attentive and really cared about the guests. Joe, at the front door, always had a smile and friendly conversation, and was great with suggested driving directions. All around I think I've found my new "go to" place to stay when in the area!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathi D
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I can't say enough great things about Castle Hotel! The staff went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful and memorable. The package they provided was perfect and romantic. We had champange and watched fireworks on the rooftop, a great dinner, and breakfast in bed... our getaway was perfect thanks to the awesome staff. The hotel itself was clean, beautiful, and unique. Free parking and wifi, close to Universal and lots restaurants & shops. We can't wait to return to the castle!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bre B
David_Me184, General Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
We love to hear that our guests at Castle made special memories during their stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and we hope you have the opportunity to return very soon!