“Quirky, cool ambiance and great value for the $$$”

Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #102 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed here overnight for a quick wedding anniversary celebration and we had a wonderful time. The décor is quirky and cool and the room was nicely put together. Loved the grounds in the back with the pool and a nice covered walkway which led the path all the way around to two wonderful restaurants in the back, Vito's and Tu Tu Tango. Very charming and definitely plan to stay again

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a turret, just a cute extra touch. And you can watch Disney fireworks from the r...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christie H
There are newer reviews for Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed here for a quick weekend getaway. The location is great, but really anywhere on the strip is great. First off, the decorations were cold and gaudy. And the smells they pumped into the lobby were nauseating. Nothing felt welcoming. There was no one, not a single person in the bar or lobby. Who wants to hang out in a place that feels so gaudy and odd.

We used the spa which was a nice amenitiy to have on property. We had a 2 hr package reserved. It was amazing, except for the phone that continually rang at the reception area. This was a constant interruption to our "relaxation"

The pool was COLD. And it was August. I feel sorry for people staying in October or November. The pool bar was ooften empty, and when we considered hanging out there, there was a couple smoking. I was disappointed to learn that this isn't a true marriott property so it lacked the "smoke free" policy.

The hot tub was broken.
The rooms were poorly lit and again, lacked any warmth. There was NOTHING on the walls and the furniture was too small to fill the room. It was not a place you wanted to stay and hang out in

In the middle if the night I needed ibuprofen. The hotel doesn't stock any sort or basic sundries, so I was directed to the Walgreens down the street. Not exactly what I wanted to here.

Someone stole pool toys from our daughters literally right in front of us.

Kids menu was not really kid friendly.

The one nice thing about this hotel is that every single employee was very nice.

We would definitely not stay here again. There are much nicer places to stay. I would rather stay at a courtyard marriott or spend a little extra to stay at the Hyatt down the street. Just overall a dissapointment stay

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank LDDRC
Wayne S, Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear LDDRC,

Thank you for taking time to review your most recent stay at Castle Hotel Orlando. I was sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations with regards to the accommodations and the overall decor of the property. We recently completed a seven million dollar renovation which included the addition of The Garden Bistro and Poseidon Spa; I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your Spa services, however, I will remind the Spa team that the phones should be placed into silent mode when treatments are occurring. I have also checked with our engineering team regarding the pool temperature as it normally kept at a comfortable 80 degrees. And you are correct in stating that the property is a non-smoking property and signage is in place around the property indicating just that. I apologize that the couple smoking were not made aware of this by a member of our team.

I am hopeful, however, that you will reconsider staying with us again on a future trip. If I may be of any assistance, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The castle hotel has undergone a complete renovation, this was our first visit after having stayed before the renovation so we wanted to check it out . For me it kind of lost the Castle feeling as it's mostly decorated with Art and cool, functional tables and chairs f. E in the breakfast room.
I regret that the new decoration took away the charm .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
David_Me184, General Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Good day,

Thank you for sharing your comment about your experience. I apologize that the décor did not meet your expectations and I appreciate you giving us the feedback. I still hope you will allow us in the future a second opportunity to regain your confidence and demonstrate to you that we still have the charm. Should you have any questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

When we arrived at the Castle Hotel with it's turrets and purple lights, it was a bit disconcerting. My husband was attending meetings at the Hyatt and since we are elite gold Marriott members we wanted to stay in a Marriott property. This hotel's decor is unique, however the rooms are large and very clean. Our room looked over the pretty pool area. The Castle is surrounded by restaurants and shopping. The rates were so low we had a connecting room for our son and still paid less than we expected to. Breakfasts in the restaurant were delicious! A great way to fuel up before heading out to the theme parks. Look past the decor and enjoy the neighborhood, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room overlooking the swimming pool. There is a path and back gate that is a short cu...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelConnoisseurs
Wayne S, Front Office Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear TravelConnoisseurs,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience regarding your recent stay at Castle Hotel Orlando. I was pleased to read that you found our location convenient to your needs and you found our rooms spacious and clean. I have passed your comments about breakfast along to our Culinary Manager as she is always seeking feedback regarding The Garden Bistro menus. I am glad you enjoyed!

Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your next trip to Castle Hotel Orlando.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Even though you step into this Hotel and think its nice beware of it. We stayed one night and had o leave because the room would not cool to a satisfactory temperature. We checked in at 3:30 and after taking a sweaty nap notified them of the condition at 5:00... They a not a tech up and he vitrified the conditions in the room. When we asked at 7:30 they said they could not do anything and were looking for a room for us. At 9:00 they said the had a better room right across the hall, but that room was just as hot as the other. After talking to the Front desk Supervisor he informed me that all room were in the 80 degree range and that is the best he could do. I ended up having to move my family to a different property that actually had Air Conditioning in the rooms. Don't stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank rob Q

Dear rob Q,

I was sorry to read that you found the room temperature uncomfortable during the evening that you stayed with us and that a second room had to be offered at such a late time of the night. While I realize that the second room was still not to your temperature desire and you decided to depart earlier than expected, I do hope that you will afford us the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future. I would welcome a telephone call directly to my office in advance of your arrival so I may lend my personal attention to your requirements.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We wanted to get away for the weekend and be walking distance to many attractions and restaurants and we were able to do it here. I was blown away by the hotel itself and really didn't have a reason to leave. They had a bar, unique pool, café and spa. The décor of the hotel was breath taking. At least from a females perspective. Extremely clean and staff was very friendly and polite. If your in the market for hosting an event or even a wedding I would definitely recommend the Castle Hotel. It is very affordable for all the amenities they offer. The only bad thing is that there isn't a refrigerator in the room; but then again you can always order room service or go to the bar. But if you want to blow away your girlfriend, wife or fiancé this is definitely the place it is gorgeous from the moment you walk in. The name says it all but in a modern way.

Room Tip: depends on what view your looking for but any room has a good view in my opinion.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alexis T
David_Me184, General Manager at Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for the wonderful TripAdvisor review. It means so much to us when our guests share their experience at Castle Hotel Orlando. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our Garden Bar and our proximity to all that International Drive has to offer. Please come back soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The best service at a hotel. Each person working at Castle Hotel goes above and beyond. The hotel is elegant and beautiful. The location is great and safe for night time entertainment. It's a 10 minute walk to the convention center. Along the way are numerous options for restaurants and entertainment. I felt safe walking alone at 11 pm at night. There is a trolley that will take you up and down the road also. The food at the Garden Bar in the hotel was very good if you don't want to go anywhere. I didn't use the pool because I didn't pack properly but the area looks beautiful. If I ever get to go back to Orlando, this hotel will be my first choice.
*Taxi fare from the airport is pricey. Plan to use Super Shuttle or other service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business