Used this resort as a weekend accommodation for our trip to Animal Kingdom. Reception is clean and bright, free of all unnecesary adornments. Check in was efficient and courteous despite the receptionist struggling with our reservation. We went off to the room to find only 1 bed for a family of 4! Now, I don't mind cosy but this was ridiculous. Error was corrected very quickly with no fuss.
The room was clean and functional, with no obvious flaws. Do not expect plentiful soaps and shampoos. I would be wary if you are a light sleeper as the walls are paper thin and other guests may not be as polite as you. Bear in mind, this stay was in the middle of winter, there were a lot of guests. Probably, like me taking advantage of the cheap deals. We booked through Hotwire and got a really good deal. Hotel is excellent for the price. Very clean and the rooms are well appointed. There is a lack of information in the rooms about hotel facilities and local attractions. In reception, however there are leaflets galore about the local area and in the morning a guide is there to facilitate your questions.
Breakfast is crazy! Doesn't matter what time you arrive there are always too many people trying to sit at too few tables inside and outside. The food is fine and plentiful, just the atmosphere is little chaotic. We visited in January so there was little scope to use the pool etc, but looked fine and well looked after.
Biggest Gripe was the lack of connectivity to the 'free WiFi'! We could not connect on any of our devices, so not sure what the resort fee is for....Another Tax maybe......?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SUNSOL International Drive is your ticket to all the Orlando fun. Located near the popular International Drive corridor, this hotel places you within 5 minutes of Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Each morning we offer a delicious complimentary continental breakfast. The hotel also features free shuttles to Disney and Universal Studios, WI-FI in all rooms and common areas, a splash-park for kids, playground, heated pool and ticket-sale in reception 24 hours with bilingual service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your SUNSOL International Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge International Drive
- Travelodge Hotel Orlando
- Travelodge Orlando
- Orlando Travel Lodge
- Orlando Travelodge
- Travel Lodge Orlando
- SUNSOL International Drive Orlando, Florida