Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court
Ranked #109 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Nice Experience”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Overall we had a great experience. Staff were extremely courteous and helpful. Complimentary breakfast was GREAT. Although the rooms do need an upgrade the staff and amentities make up for it. We would would stay again at the same hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Arabic first
Reading
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The hotel is just off I drive in Orlando so convenient for the theme parks etc and easy to reach from the Orlando international airport, about 20 min drive, but have coins ready as SR 528, "Beachline expressway", is a toll road!!

Hotel was fine large atrium so nice veiw from the internal corridoors, rasturant and bar in the middle of the central area. While I was there they had a mangers special from 17.00 to 19.00 so cheap drinks. No restaurant in the hotel but many within walking distance or a short drive.

Buffer breakfast in the morning was nothing special but was in the room rate at least.

Now the room it was clean but when you opened the door is smelt damp and stale. This is probably because the bathroom is in the middle of the room with a lounge at the front and bed at back. You could not open the windows so air just was stale and damp from the bathoom! Shame really, as it was not cheap but I would not stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pair211
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The entire hotel is showing its age in its decor but it is clean and very convenient to the theme parks and restaurants on International Drive area. Staff was friendly and efficient from the front desk to the staff at the evening Manager's reception. The bus people and servers and cooks at the complimentary breakfast too were quick to clean up the area and clear tables.

We reserved two non smoking rooms and requested that they be on the same floor and that was what we got even though the hotel was fully booked. The rooms were clean and the houskeeping staff took care of our requests throughout our four day stay.

When we arrived there was what appeared to be a school or church group of probably 10-12 rooms or more of teenagers on the same floor. Not surprising considering it is a theme park town. Also not surprising was the fact that teenagers like to gather and hangout in the hallways and run up and down the halls. Once we got in our room though (a corner suite which I would highly recommend) we were not bothered by any noise. They were all checked out the next day.

I've been a HHonors member for over 20 years so I am familiar with and stay at Embassy Suites whenever possible. This was not the best one I've ever been at but neither was it the worst. All in, it is a convenient place to stay (we were there for four nights) and the staff seem to want everyone to feel comfortable and appreciated during their stay.

Room Tip: Corner suite on a higher floor was large and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jerry L
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Although slightly ageing decor, the hotel was excellent in all other respects. Location is just off International Drive and is perfect for all attractions (with your own transport), and has a great choice of restaurants within walking distance. We were met with a very friendly welcome after a long drive from Key West. Knowing the location, I had requested a quiet room, which had been obliged, so we were positioned on the front of the hotel. Beware that the hotel is situated at the side of the busy I4 roadway so rooms at the side and the rear can be noisy. The suites were spacious, providing a sitting area with large TV, kitchenette, bathroom, speperate vanity area then a large bedroom with two queen size beds and another large TV. A complimentary cooked breakfast was included in the room rate which was excellent, cooked to order each morning. The hotel held a 'Manager's special' from 5.30pm until 7.30pm each day where all drinks at the hotel bar, were free to guests. I was initially wary of this, but there was no need, it was very genuine with all drinks available at no cost with nibbles and fresh popcorn provided to accompany the drinks. The staff were excellent. Friendly, courteous and provided excellent local knowledge on restaurants and places to visit. The pool is small and is located adjacent to the I 4 road, so not a very peaceful place to relax, but the holiday we planned was to visit the attractions and not laze by the pool, so it suited our purpose. I would have no hesitation is recommending this hotel and would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and avoid the I 4 roadway at the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank RotherhamRich
Reviewed 17 March 2012

we made a reservation through Travelocity but upon arrival we were given a room with two double beds and not the king bed we had paid for. We complained the first night but were told they were booked and had nothing available. (I had to call on the sitting room phone because the bed room phone didn't work.) We specifically reserved a king sized bed because my tall husband needs a longer bed for a good nights sleep. I complained again in person before check-out and only then did they give offer to credit our account. That was good but doesn't help my husband with a long day of driving. We will reconsider future stays at Embassy Suites.

• Stayed March 2012
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I've stayed here quite a few times when in Orlando. I love the Embassy brand to begin with because of the amazing breakfast and Happy Hour at night. But this Embassy keeps me coming back. The building itself is a bit older than some of the other properties, but they definitively make up for it in customer service. From the moment I check in they remember me as a returning guest, and the breakfast has so many options... Omelets are fantastic. I always order Room Service in when I'm at a hotel and I have to say I have yet to be disappointed by the food here and the service. It's always very quick and the attendants that take your order and deliver your food are always so pleasant. I spent 10 minutes talking to the young girl that brought me my dinner last time, very sweet! All in all this Embassy is a bit older and showing it a bit, but they seem to be doing renovations all over. The lobby looked beautiful last time I stayed. If you like nice people and want to feel at home....stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Avoid this hotel unless you dont mind smoke and dingy furniture. 1st room smelled mildewy. 2nd room run down. Wife and kids left due to condition of rooms. I had to stay due to work the next day. EMBASSY SUITES reputation is damaged in my opinion. Worst ive ever been to. FIX IT EMBASSY SUITES!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid if possible
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business