Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court
Ranked #112 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Wonderful Week”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Embassy Suites is always our "go-to" hotel. We have stayed at several in the US including St Louis, Chicago, Indianapolis, Los Angeles and Waikiki. I was extremely concerned after reading recent negative reviews especially about lack of air conditioning. No AC in Florida is unacceptable. So here is our review-no particular order
Air conditioning: non-issue. worked great, had to turn it off at some points during the week
Room Decor: Carpet worn but a non-issue. Couch, chairs and beds very comfortable, Fridge and microwave worked fine.
Housekeeping: Very good! Any requests handled immediately. Staff efficient and non-obtrusive
Front Desk: Delores and all were excellent. Any request handled immediately
Managers Reception: Nightly popcorn, pretzels and party mix. Different additions nightly including hummus and chips, veggies and dips, and tortilla chips with nacho cheese and salsa (my kids were in heaven!)
Breakfast: I had to go back and re-read some of the negative comments about breakfast. I cannot imagine any additions that could possibly be made. My biggest complaint about hotel breakfasts is abundance of pastry and breads with a bunch of bananas. We had fresh oranges, grapefruit, watermelon, honeydew, cantelope along with bananas. Not just omelettes-eggs any way. The chef accomodated any request-french toast, pancakes, egg white omelettes. The wait staff was attentive but non-obtrusive.
Ambiance: Atrium was so pretty-loved the waterfall. Elevators very fast and smelled great! Kids loved the pool (half inside, half outside-very unique) Fairly quiet week-no teenager baseball tourney groups etc-but this is a possibility at any hotel
Many thanks to Embassy Suites Jamaican Court for our wonderful week!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank julie m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Arabic first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I am astounded that there are not more complaints on this site about the lack of air co in these hotels rooms. The hotel is so old (rooms have been redone but still dated) and is in clear need of capital improvements starting with the air conditioning. We may have just picked a hot week, but it is Florida for crying out loud and one third of these bedrooms face due west. We switched rooms a couple of times trying to find a room that was cool enough and had working thermostats (none do; they're likely for decoration). I expect hotel rooms to be cold in the summer to the point you have to turn off the air, not use an electric fan. The staff was great (especially Val), but can do little with an old building. A brand new Embassy is less than half a mile away, so if you have a choice, perhaps that one is better in the summer.

On the plus side: great manager's reception and great breakfast and the HR manager greeted families at breakfast, found some Hershey's syrup for chocolate milk and gave good theme park advice.

Oh, and from my children: why no Disney channel on the cable???

Room Tip: Stay away from the west facing rooms in the summer/heat. No way to cool them down without a fan...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here in May 2012 for our honeymoon and we were both very pleased with this hotel. Before we went on our honeymoon I read several of these reviews and swore that after my trip I would take the time to write a review to help other travelers. So, here it goes...

Top on My List

1) Their breakfast buffet was outstanding...let's see, oatmeal, hot cinnamon rolls, muffins, hashbrowns, bread pussing, fruits, grits, bacon, sausage, omlettes made to order,6 kinds of cereal, 8 different juices, soda fountain, great coffee...yes, it was great!

2) Manager's cocktails every night from 5:30 to 7:30- 2 different kinds of beer, wine, mixed drinks, cocktails, and excellent friendly staff

The Rest of My List

1) Staff- all very friendly and very professional and helpful
2) Rooms- Yes, some of the furniture was a bit dated, but it was all clean, and the beds were excellent
3) Elevators- worked great, and we really enjoyed the different scents in each elevator
4) Location- Super close to several great restaurants

Yes, we would definitely recommend this hotel and I think when you compare what they offer to the other hotels in the area as I did, you will be happy with your choice.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room near the elevator
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank William K
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 4 May 2012

While this is an older hotel property, I found it to be well maintained and comfortable. The furnishings in the living area of the room could definitely use an upgrade, but it is pretty much what I expected given the age of the hotel. Also, there were some stains on the carpet that could use attention, but I did not feel that the room was dirty, but rather in need of some renovation and TLC. I realize that this hotel gets a lot of large group bookings (including children) and, as such, the wear and tear are a bit more than average. I love the atrium, the breakfast and the cocktail hour. I was here for a business meeting in the hotel and it was perfect for my purposes.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Newtownards
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I booked 1 week stay in the Embassy Suites on Jamaican Court because a friend of mine had recommended it. From all the reports that I had read I must say that my expectations were that it would be ok for the week, considering most of the time we would be out at the parks and really only needed somewhere to sleep.
We had a double room and used the sofa bed to accomodate the 4 of us. My two children slept in the main bedroom which had 2 single beds ( very comfortable ) and my wife and I slept in the sofa bed in the front room because the noise of breakfast being set up started at about 6am and we thought that was a bit early for the children to be up. This worked well but I think if I was going back I might upgrade to a larger suite.
The breakfast was terrific and saved us a fortune. There was fresh fruit, cereals, pancakes, some different breads and sausage, bacon, eggs, more or less what ever you wanted. The breakfast was open from about 6.30 until 10ish and they never seemed to run out of anything.
If you were back at the hotel early from the parks there was also a free bar from 5pm to 7pm every night. Not too many people were about at this time of night but it was a nice touch.
The hotel was clean and the staff were very helpful. The rooms were cleaned and beds made every day.
The location was good too. Set back slightly from I-Drive but within easy walking distance to the restaurants and shops. The Uno Grill is the closest and we ate there 3 times that week. Couldn't fault it.
Overall the Embassy Suites was great, I would not hesitate to go back. The pool didn't look great but we were not interested in going to it.

Room Tip: If a family of four are staying, I would price the larger room for more comfort.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Boston
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We were very pleased with the appearance of the hotel, our room and the breakfast. Unfortunately, some of front desk staff were quite cold and withholding, and seemed unable or unwilling to apologize when they gave us information that turned out to be obviously inaccurate. At several points, I also had to really push them to get them to take the most basic steps to make things right. When I complained about this at checkout, the two people I spoke with seemed really understanding and responsive. However, the manager who was supposed to make a follow-up call never did so, and the one I spoke with when I called back was rude. When I tried to call back later to discuss my experiences with the Embassy Suites, they politely promised to call me back, and then blew me off. It was really a shame - a little more willingness by Embassy Suite staff to go the extra few yards to make things right, apologize for their mistakes, and follow through with their promises, would have made a world of difference in the quality of our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SC918
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This embassy suites seems to have been opened for quite a long while; with that being said, the furniture, floors, and overall (in room) details seem like it needs to be updated. I must say that it was simple and clean and quite a good price and the customer service were excellent. Things that need to look at are the exposed rust on the door hinges and corners, as well as furniture. Again, if you’re looking for a reasonable place to stay, that is simple and clean, then this location is the trick. Also, this hotel is very flexible on Early check-in and late check out (just be extra nice and request kindly)

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been recently renovated
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business