“Great location but service?”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive I Drive 360
Ranked #95 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

The room smelled like it use to be a smoking room. I got in the shower only to find out there was no soap. Also the bed/mattress is definitely old. It had developed a dip in it. The cable was extremely limited. On the second day for breakfast there was only one juice machine was working and the other was out of apple juice. The food was not being replenished fast enough. The staff didn't seem to care at all. They should have been more aware since there was a huge family reunion. Not up to Embassy standards that I'm use to.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Katiegirl79
Write a ReviewReviews (1,823)

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Stayed at Embassy suite from 7/31/13 to 8/3/13. Best place to stay for nice comfortable family trip. The rooms was nice and clean, the staff was very nice and helpful, and friendly. the made to order breakfast was wonderful. They have won me over, I probably will be looking for another Embassy suite the next time I travel.

Room Tip: Higher floors are very nice. I stayed in 819
1  Thank life2enjoy
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This Embassy Suites covers all the bases needed for a great stay - spacious and comfortable room, good breakfast, evening manager's reception, polite and helpful staff, easy parking, free internet, great location.

Two employees who really stood out as being exceptional. One was the gentleman who checked us in - Josh, I believe, who wears a Homewood Suites badge. The other was a lady who was tending bar on the night of 8/3. She was so friendly and kind to my boys when we sat down to eat the McDonalds we picked up on the way back from the parks.

There were only a few downsides to our stay. The breakfast was good, but not great as it has been at many other Embassy Suites. They really might want to think about improving their breakfast potatoes in particular. In addition, the hotel is desperately in need of exterior painting - not that it impacted our stay, but it just makes it look run down. The pool is also quite small for the size of the hotel. Overall though, we enjoyed our stay and thought it was a good value. I would very likely go out of my way to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelersM2M
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I had booked the Embassy Suites Jamaican Court in Orlando, FL on April 20, 2013. My husband and I booked a king bed room for one night after our wedding/honeymoon. Upon arrival at the hotel, we were informed by the onsite manager that she choose to move our reservation to two double beds due to proximity to a smoking room. We saw the room and realized that both of us would not be able to sleep comfortably. She then took us to the room that was our original room. This room was a king “non smoking” room that reeked of cigarette smoke. There was even an ashtray on the table. There was no way this was a non smoking room. I am allergic to the smoke and just walking into the room I was wheezing and my eyes were watering. We had no help from the front desk on options other than a tiny bed. It was not a good way for us to end our wedding trip. We then grabbed our bags and had to call from the curb outside of the hotel in an attempt to find another hotel during spring break. We then paid for a cab and were on our way.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Hotel is in a great location, you can hear a little bit of traffic noise from the I4 close to the hotel but it did not disturb our sleep. Small pool which is the only downside to the hotel. The Staff in the hotel are amazing! if you go look out for Amine a more inspirational person you cannot meet. Confessor the Chef cooks an amazing breakfast. I will go back again...

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Ian G
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The Hotel was older and it showed. Housekeeping was slow and done late in the day. Ones day our room was not made up until 7pm. The business center was overrun by young children playing games. The scanner was broken.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank michaelt4242014
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Excellent Service. Great rooms to a familly with kids. Very good Breakfast. Open Bar Everyday from 6:00 to 8:00 pm. Domestic Beers, Wine, etc and Soda and popcorn for the kids.. We teally enjoy the stay!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013