We stayed here on the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend, 2014. My husband booked us a room here almost two months ago. We booked a double bed suite. When we arrived in our room, we were shocked at how very warm it was, but figured it was simply because the air was not turned down. We cranked the air down to the coolest setting (it was an old thermostat that didn't have the temperature listed), unpacked and headed out to dinner and to pick up a few items for the room (drinks, snacks, etc). We arrived back around 9:30 and the room was still a dry sauna. That was in the living area. In the bedroom, it was even warmer. When I called to say their was a problem with the air, they said they would send someone from maintenance up to check it out. Maintenance arrived fairly quickly, but he proceeded to tell me that it was hot simply because we were on the sunny side of the building, and that it is normal for hotels in Orlando to have hot rooms. He actually expected me to just say, OK, and be satisfied! When I assured him that we came to Orlando very regularly and had never had this problem before at any other hotels we stayed at, he radioed down to the front desk to get us a new room. He and the front desk went back and forth about rooms that would not work, and eventually, he was told to move us to one of those rooms anyways. The room we were moved to was two doors down from our original room. It too was warm, but did cool off a little when we turned the air down. This room had a newer thermostat, and it was set at 75 when my husband moved us. We turned it down lower, but after coming down to 73 the temp in the room actually rose to 79 by morning. The maintenance worker brought us keys for the new room which did not work (leaving my hubby locked out of the room). I went down to get them switched and the second set didn't work either! So I had to go down to the front desk again for a third set before that one finally worked.
One might assume that this second room was not acceptable because it too obviously had air conditioning issues. After all, it didn't really cool down very much. After being in the room for a little time, however, it became clear that the reason they didn't want to put anyone in the second room was because it had recently had some type of water issue. The room had the damp, musty smell of carpets left wet too long. If it had not been after 10PM with three very sleepy kids, we would have checked out right then and demanded a refund. We did check out a day early the next morning, after finding a Fairfield Inn and Suites that was closer to Disney and wound up costing us $30 less for the room. It didn't have a "doored off" bedroom, but it was CLEAN and COOL. When my husband let them know at the front desk that we were checking out early, they didn't even ask why! This hotel has been added to our "never stay there again" list, and I would recommend that you stay elsewhere as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Embassy Suites Orlando - International Drive/Jamaican Court hotel, steps from International Drive shopping and dining, and near world-famous theme parks. We're less than two miles from Orange County Convention Center, and 20 minutes from Orlando International Airport (MCO). Take the I-Ride Trolley to the convention center or the complimentary shuttle to Universal Orlando(R) Resort, SeaWorld(R) Orlando and Aquatica™, SeaWorld's Waterpark. This hotel near International Drive is an all-suite hotel providing convenient access to local attractions. Stretch out in a spacious two-room suite on the sofa bed in the living area or in the private bedroom. Keep drinks and snacks cool in the refrigerator. This Embassy Suites Orlando International Drive hotel offers a free cooked-to-order breakfast each morning, and beverages and light snacks at the complimentary Evening Reception*. Unwind after a convention center meeting, a day at the theme parks, or shopping along International Drive. Take in the beauty of our open-air atrium by the indoor waterfalls. Host your function at the Embassy Suites Orlando - International Drive/Jamaican Court hotel. Our Executive Boardroom provides meeting space near the convention center and Orlando businesses. Relax in our outdoor pool, exercise in our modern fitness center, and enjoy complimentary WiFi. * Service of alcohol subject to state and local laws. Must be of legal drinking age. Highlights All-suite hotel near International Drive and Orange County Convention Center Complimentary scheduled theme park transportation to Universal Orlando(R) Resort, SeaWorld(R) Orlando, Wet 'n Wild(R), & Aquatica™, SeaWorld's Waterpark International Drive hotel steps from shopping, dining, and entertainment Complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and Evening Reception* Complimentary WiFi, outdoor pool, and modern fitness center Perfect Orlando event venue for business meetings, weddings, & more for up to 300 guests What to do around here Our Embassy Suites Orlando International Drive/Jamaican Court hotel is a proud Universal Orlando(R) Partner Hotel providing complimentary scheduled transportation to Universal Orlando(R) Resort, a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, and a complimentary Evening Reception*. Drive less than 8 miles to visit Walt Disney World(R) Resort, including: Magic Kingdom(R) Park, Epcot(R), Disney's Animal Kingdom(R) Theme Park, and Disney's Hollywood Studios(R). Discover exciting shopping, dining and entertainment steps from our International Drive hotel. In addition, ride the I-Ride Trolley along International Drive, which stops at Orlando's famous outlet malls and the Orange County Convention Center. Other notable attractions include the Mall at Millenia, The Holy Land Experience, and the Amway Arena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando
- Embassy Suites Orlando
- Orlando Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Orlando Jamaican Court
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court Florida