“Below Embassy Suites Standards”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court
Ranked #106 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Staff interaction (service/attitude/etc): Over a 24-hour period, I mentioned to several people the front desk that the safe in the closet was not working and I was told it would be addressed. The third time I mentioned it on day two, I was told it was not working and I could use the safe somewhere behind the front desk. It would have been very helpful to me if they would have been proactive enough to follow-up on this and let me know. Internet: The Internet was confusing to get on to. In fact I had to go down to the front desk in order for them to show me how to do it. It would be such a big issue but I'm in the Internet business and a technologist so, if I'm having trouble, a lot of people are having trouble. Food and Beverage: The first morning I went downstairs at 9:30 AM and went over to the omelette station. As a rule, I don't eat breakfast from a buffet line because I find the meets greasy and the scrambled eggs overcooked so I typically grab an omelette, coffee and toast. This is a real convenience while staying at Embassy Suites. The omelette grill had been stoned and there was black residue all over it. Obviously, they were closing down prematurely and not ready for guests. Someone noticed me and I asked him if this grill was close and they said it was being cleaned. I sort of walked away in disgust and went somewhere else for breakfast including the rest of the days of my stay. This one area was pretty disappointing to me. All in all, I still love Embassy Suites as they are my go to hotel whenever I'm traveling on business or pleasure. I wish this would have been a better experience but I realized that each individual location is only as good as management.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court

994 - 1,000 of 1,747 reviews

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here on the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend, 2014. My husband booked us a room here almost two months ago. We booked a double bed suite. When we arrived in our room, we were shocked at how very warm it was, but figured it was simply because the air was not turned down. We cranked the air down to the coolest setting (it was an old thermostat that didn't have the temperature listed), unpacked and headed out to dinner and to pick up a few items for the room (drinks, snacks, etc). We arrived back around 9:30 and the room was still a dry sauna. That was in the living area. In the bedroom, it was even warmer. When I called to say their was a problem with the air, they said they would send someone from maintenance up to check it out. Maintenance arrived fairly quickly, but he proceeded to tell me that it was hot simply because we were on the sunny side of the building, and that it is normal for hotels in Orlando to have hot rooms. He actually expected me to just say, OK, and be satisfied! When I assured him that we came to Orlando very regularly and had never had this problem before at any other hotels we stayed at, he radioed down to the front desk to get us a new room. He and the front desk went back and forth about rooms that would not work, and eventually, he was told to move us to one of those rooms anyways. The room we were moved to was two doors down from our original room. It too was warm, but did cool off a little when we turned the air down. This room had a newer thermostat, and it was set at 75 when my husband moved us. We turned it down lower, but after coming down to 73 the temp in the room actually rose to 79 by morning. The maintenance worker brought us keys for the new room which did not work (leaving my hubby locked out of the room). I went down to get them switched and the second set didn't work either! So I had to go down to the front desk again for a third set before that one finally worked.

One might assume that this second room was not acceptable because it too obviously had air conditioning issues. After all, it didn't really cool down very much. After being in the room for a little time, however, it became clear that the reason they didn't want to put anyone in the second room was because it had recently had some type of water issue. The room had the damp, musty smell of carpets left wet too long. If it had not been after 10PM with three very sleepy kids, we would have checked out right then and demanded a refund. We did check out a day early the next morning, after finding a Fairfield Inn and Suites that was closer to Disney and wound up costing us $30 less for the room. It didn't have a "doored off" bedroom, but it was CLEAN and COOL. When my husband let them know at the front desk that we were checking out early, they didn't even ask why! This hotel has been added to our "never stay there again" list, and I would recommend that you stay elsewhere as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pepesme
Jacques B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

We're so glad that we had the chance to serve you during the long holiday weekend. We're sorry to hear that you encountered some facilities issues and we're reviewing these concerns with our staff so we can do our best to prevent them from taking place in the future. Your comfort is our concern and we hope we can invite you back for a much better first impression.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great Embassy Suites. The only thing we found awkward was the way the bathroom door opened into the wet bar/kitchen area - we found ourselves fighting with the door a bit - it blocked the entire 'hallway' when opened. Not much of a complaint, eh?!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently had the opportunity to make a memorable family trip to Orlando that has been 10 years in the making since our last stay in the area. During this trip we decided to stay at the Embassy Suites located on Jamaican Court just off of International Drive. Our last stay in the area we had stayed in the Embassy Suites ON International Drive and thought we had made reservations there again but we obviously had made a mistake – and to our benefit.

Not that there was anything wrong with the Embassy just a mile away on International Drive but this one is in a much better location where it gets you closer to a McDonalds like you’ve never seen before as well as getting you away from all the traffic of the other unit.

When pulling up to the building I was so impressed as it reminded me of the hotel that you see in the movie “Pretty Woman”. Gorgeous outside and breath taking on the inside. The check-in staff was wonderful and answered any questions we had.

Some of the amenities include a FREE hot breakfast buffet, complimentary transportation to areas such as Universal Studios, SeaWorld, and Wet ‘n Wild. Although you do need to make reservations ahead of time for the transportation it is very easy to do and they keep on schedule. This is a definite plus considering parking at some of these locations cost $15.

The suite we stayed in (and I assume all of them) was clean and well kempt during our stay with one exception and that was that we had to constantly ask for more wash cloths and bath towels as there was four of us staying there and they would bring enough for only three. The interior, like I said, was breath taking to say the least and hard to explain but you’d be hard pressed to find anyone that would complain about it.

The indoor/outdoor pool was a bit cold so we didn’t spend much time in there but others did and seemed to enjoy it. However, the Spa was well warm enough, soothing and very enjoyable.

Parking was spacious and the building was very easy to find as it was about a block off of the interstate. It’s located in an area that just about an hour’s drive from east coast beaches and there are far more attractions than you can possibly do in a week and that’s without going to “Disney” – although we did for one day.

I will warn you though about one restaurant that is close by. DON’T go to the Chinese Buffet just a couple blocks down the street in International Drive unless you have a co-signer with you. Our mistake and I should have known something was up when they didn’t have the price posted and said “you pay AFTER you eat”. Beware of this buffet – but that’s for another post. I felt it worthwhile to mention it here though.

All-in-all you’ll be very satisfied with your stay at the Embassy Suites located on Jamaican Court just off of International Drive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014

i decide to stay at Embassy with my family for a short extra vacation ofter have a Disney Criuse vacation. But was not what a expected, the lobby and public area were good, the courtesy drink are great, the staff was like a cheap hotel nothig compare with the Embassy name. the breakfast is very good and is the best that the hotel had. Now, the most important THE ROOMS.... poor air condition, dirty walls, the sofabed is terrible, the room can accomadate 6 people but there just leave 2 cup of coffe. The hotel need a renovation rush. The last day the housekeeping did not make the room and we need to look for our bath towel. So, the Embassy not let me with a good impression.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gerardo N
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I knew we should have not stayed here.. Rooms are old, tired, bathroom is tiny and not even a place to hang the towels. The lobby and dinning/breakfast/ bar area has an awful smell of chlorine all the time. It's painfully dark. Staying at much better hotels was just $20 more. No need to sacrifice.
Avoid rooms by the road if you have a light sleep. The noise from the road was horrible!! Worse stay ever in Orlando.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Ok, lets be honest - Booked through Cosmos and the write up was excellent, but the fact of the matter is it's not. We were put in a room on the 8th floor, and had numerous problems a list of 8no. reported to reception on the Sunday morning ( the staff member was not polite and abrupt), on returning that evening we got to speak to the duty manager who was aware of the problem and put us in another room on the 8th floor, again pretty much the same but could not be bothered to moan again. A little disappointing when you pay so much for the room. The staff in general are pretty accommodating. Ideally located to the attractions and nearby restaurants not much else to say than stay in the one down the road looks a lot better and gets better reviews.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the 8th floor seems to be the worst floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple