“Quiet, Comfortable Stay; Could Stand an Update”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court
Ranked #112 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Arlington, Texas
“Quiet, Comfortable Stay; Could Stand an Update”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

My adult kids and I spent a couple of nights here when we moved one of them to Orlando for an internship. It is like many Embassy Suites where I have stayed in other cities. I would guess that it was probably built in the 1970's and this location has not been updated in a while. The living area of our room was kind of dark. The room itself was clean and comfortable. A cooked to order breakfast was provided as well as an evening manager's reception. The staff was very professional and helpful.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Arabic first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed with my family at this hotel from May 23 to 26 and I was very disappointed. I like brief messages so I will be brief, positives and negatives:
+ breakfast is generous
+ price was good (I think we had a group rate though)
+ open bar in the afternoons is descent
+ well located (many places to eat - have fun at walking distance)
+ pillows are great
- rooms are VERY old: my carpet was stained, hot and cold water was irregular in some faucets
- some staff (not all) seriously need to be reminded of what "customer service" means in its most basic sense
- TVs at eating-bar area did not turn on or remote control was never found
- The AC did not properly reach 2nd room by window in "suites" so at entrance was very cold and main room very hot. Myself and other guests in my group complained without much to be done
- If you decide to stay in hotel ask for rooms that do not face highway, it was very noisy (for my taste) at peak hours

Summary: the hotel needs major improvements to be competitive, unless price is very low, case in which I guess it's worth the trouble.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JRiquezes
Jacques B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
JRiquezes,
Thank you for your candid feed back, I have brought review to the attention of all our department heads. I truly appologize we did not meet your expectations and we will use this review to better prepare our staff so this does not happen again.
Tamap, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel is relatively nice. It is rather out dated and the rooms aren't much to be desired because of how dated they are, especially for the price. There are several other hotels in the area that have nicer rooms and amenities but don't include the happy hour and breakfast. The room could have been a bit cleaner and the linens provided were very rough. If you take advantage of the drinks and breakfast it might be worth it, otherwise I wouldn't highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Hannibal
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We booked this room on SW airlines "Jackpot Deals". Jackpot assured us we could get 2 QUEEN beds here- don't believe them, they are doubles, like many in Orlando! Our 1st night was noisy d/t car noise from nearby highway- I strongly recommend you get rooms NOT facing the highway. We had our room changed to one of those for the 2nd through 5th nights, and these were MUCH quieter!!! THe hotel staff was attentive, the free breakfasts each morning very good,and the daily managers reception(a free "happy hour" with beverages & snacks from 5-7:30 pm) a nice touch. The rooms are somewhat dated, but will be undergoing renovation soon. All in all, a good value for your $$ spent,and close to most of the theme parks, with a free shuttle,so convenient,too.

Room Tip: Get the rooms AWAY from the highway!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Location was awesome, no traffic going to and coming back from theme parks. Although it is a bit outdated, we didn’t spend enough time in our room to make it an issue. Breakfast was good and had just enough variety to last us the 5 days we spent there. The hotel is also within walking distance from a few restaurants and bars. Overall a good experience during our stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I didn't think the rooms were too bad. My only problem was at check in I ask for a room that didn't face I4 and I guess the person misunderstood because we were facing I4 and the traffic during the week was awful. I didn't ask for a change in room...actually bought ear plugs and I was fine. The house keeping staff was either slow or they didn't have enough because we got back from the parks at 4 two days in a row and they were just cleaning our rooms. The breakfast was very good no complaints at all. The happy 2 hours was great but when it got busy they just about gave you a half a shot per drink and they were limited on the type of drinks available. I asked for peach schops and they didn't have any. The last day the lady bartender didn't want to make Shirley Temples for the kids anymore but agreed after we complained. If they had a piano player or some type of music the bar would have stayed busy after the happy 2 hours. And we did tip well! My worst complain is the pool and the hot tub. THE HOT TUB IS DIGUSTING! They let the little kids play in it and the bottom is disgusting. I think it should be for adults only and supervisor. I like the idea that the pool is inside and outside and they cater to the handicapp with a lift but overall it needs to be upgraded. The concrete at one corner of the pool deck is all cracked. Someone is going to get hurt. Overall, our stay was worth the money considering the cooked to order breakfast and drinks but if I have little children I would not stay here. I didn't consider this a child friendly hotel. No playground or anything other than the pool for the children.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the windows do not face interstate 4.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Scotts Valley, CA, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Staff interaction (service/attitude/etc): Over a 24-hour period, I mentioned to several people the front desk that the safe in the closet was not working and I was told it would be addressed. The third time I mentioned it on day two, I was told it was not working and I could use the safe somewhere behind the front desk. It would have been very helpful to me if they would have been proactive enough to follow-up on this and let me know. Internet: The Internet was confusing to get on to. In fact I had to go down to the front desk in order for them to show me how to do it. It would be such a big issue but I'm in the Internet business and a technologist so, if I'm having trouble, a lot of people are having trouble. Food and Beverage: The first morning I went downstairs at 9:30 AM and went over to the omelette station. As a rule, I don't eat breakfast from a buffet line because I find the meets greasy and the scrambled eggs overcooked so I typically grab an omelette, coffee and toast. This is a real convenience while staying at Embassy Suites. The omelette grill had been stoned and there was black residue all over it. Obviously, they were closing down prematurely and not ready for guests. Someone noticed me and I asked him if this grill was close and they said it was being cleaned. I sort of walked away in disgust and went somewhere else for breakfast including the rest of the days of my stay. This one area was pretty disappointing to me. All in all, I still love Embassy Suites as they are my go to hotel whenever I'm traveling on business or pleasure. I wish this would have been a better experience but I realized that each individual location is only as good as management.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business