Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court
Ranked #116 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
houston, United States
“Overall good experince”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a business trip so naturally i was not in the room very often. But when I was, it was clean. Nothing to big to complain about really. The room was clean. The bed functioned. One minor gripe, no HBO!!! Couldn't watch the latest episode of game of thrones. They had Starz at least.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel may be out of the way for those visiting parks, but I found it to be perfect. I attended for a training course and the fact that it was really quiet made it easier to focus. The lobby is lovely with lots of water sources. The restaurant/bar is very clean with really friendly staff. The rooms were clean and comfortable and were nicely setup if you have a group. I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Cincinnati, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel was fine, but the check in was terrible. I arrived at 1:00 p.m. hopeful for an early check-in. I was told my room was not clean and that I would need to come back. We left and came back at 5:00 p.m. My room was STILL NOT READY! I was informed that rooms are cleaned in the order of guest arrival which made no sense to me, given that I arrived four hours earlier. The staff never acknowledged my Diamond status in Hilton Honors and I had to request my complimentary bottles of water while we waited in the lobby to check in.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Jacques B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Jamaican Court, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Mr. B
I appologize for the delay in getting your room ready, I have spoken with the staff and we are trying some new techniques to ensure a faster turn around on our rooms. As for the non acknowledment of your Hilton Honors status, that is completely unacceptable, I assure you this will not happen again.
Richmond
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My husband & I just returned from a mini weekend vacay. Our last stay at this hotel was about 2 years ago, but this was our third stay. We got there early, asked if our room was available. We were told no, but there is another room I could put you in. The clerk changed our room, then said we normally charge $50 extra to check in early. I said no that's ok, we left went and had lunch.
We came back around 4pm, checked in, and to our surprise, we were in a small, antiquated cubby hole- rm 601. We were very disappointed. Reason #1 that I won't do this hotel again .
We relaxed a little went to the managers reception at 6:30 pm. The bartenders in the past were friendly& welcoming. This bartender didn't seem that way, at least not with us. My husband and I had our first drink which was free. My husband attempted to order a second drink, which was not included with the complimentary managers reception. My husband was asked by the bartender, " you want another?" My husband said yeah let me get a jack& coke, the bartender said ok. We waited & waited. I finally said, about 30 mins later, can my husband get that jack & coke? The bartender said, " you want jack & coke or what's free?" My husband said you know what, never mind . Reason # 2 I won't return
Saturday morning we get up and go to breakfast. We order omelet ties. The cook is preparing the omelettes a lil differently than we are used to, but we go along. She pours her egg mixture on the grill, the cooks usually use small omelette/ fry pans. She ask what ingredients we want. I say everything EXCEPT spinach and peppers. My omelette had spinach. Now she is preparing the omelettes 3 at a time. When it came time to take the omelettes off the grill, the cook stuck her gloved finger in each one, to see the ingredients, to determine which was which. Reason # 3 that I won't be back.

Bottom line the hotel has gone down. It is in need of a major renovation. But when I'm in Orlando I will find me another hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MissyJ24
I appologize for your less than perfect stay with us, I have brought your concerns to the approiate department heads. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what went wrong with your stay, as we can learn from this and correct them.
Haworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is our 5th stay at Jamaican Court. We were told there were new owners and some of the staff had left which was a bit disappointing as we were looking forward to seeing them again. One member was still there however Amin who looks after room service and keeps the bar area clean during the managers reception. It had been 3 years since we had stayed there but Amin made a beeline for us with his beaming smile. He is an absolute treasure with a permanent smile and a credit to the hotel. As with all Embassy suites the managers reception and free breakfast makes them excellent value. Drinks here are in glasses not plastic cups as in some other locations. The bar also served one person with all your parties drinks where elsewhere you can only get a maximum of 2 . This is a great location on International drive with lots of restaurants within walking distance. One other member of staff I would like to mention was on reception and sorry I don't have his name . His daughter works at Disney and like Amin he was just so pleasant. The only thing I could criticize is the small swimming pool. This is probably not that important if you are staying for 2/3 days but we stay for a week and need a break around the pool when we are theme parked out. All in all a good hotel and we will be back

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front as the Interstate can be noisy. If you can't get one make sure you g...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review, I have shared your comments with him. It truly made his day, we all look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Came to hotel for the very first time my husband and I was blown away with all the staff. They are all amazing and truly professional. They have even go the next mile or two for customer service. For example my husband and I went out and when we came back to our room, the staff left us a tray of chocolate strawberries and a bottle of wine and a card from all the staff saying "Happy Anniversary" we were celebrating our 34th years. These people are truly amazing.
Thanks
Diaz's

• Stayed May 2014
Cranston R.I.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

we like embassy suites for room size cleanness there breakfast. Locations and service you have a choice of buffet or to order breakfast rooms are a very good size sitting room large bath and separate counter and mirror couch that opens to a bed eating table TV then you have bedroom TV good size room. Would go back again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends