“Great Hotel..will recommend it!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center
Ranked #154 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Great Hotel..will recommend it!!”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I finish in the hotel after been disappointed at another hotel that I made reservation for more than a month ago and I look at the reviews and decided to go to the hotel without reservations. The staff although was not really talking a lot, book me and give me a room. As soon as I when to my room I was not disappointed. The room meets my expectations; it was clean, smell clean. The only thing that it bother me is that the curtains in the living room don’t close completely and if you are sitting in the living room and people walk in the hall they can see you inside and it made me feel uncomfortable.
I nice touch is having free breakfast in the morning is very good. Although the only think I will suggest is having an opportunity to also get sandwich, a simple sandwich such as grill cheese and jam/cheese. Because there is not a lot of chooses and egg after 3 days in the row get tiring same as cereal. Overall it was great.
I will also suggest that swimming pool need more cleaning, the water was shadow, but is a nice touch to have an outside pool and an inside pool.
Like I said is a great hotel just need to improvement in so minor things, but it was a great feeling that every night when I open that door everything was clean and smell fresh.
The location of this hotel is just perfect because you have a lot of restaurants close by and entertainment.
But overall, I will stay again and I will recommend to other this hotel. I felt like been at home, because you have a living room, a table and small kitchen and a door that divided the living room for your room where you feel more like staying in a small apartment.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Ottawa, Illinois
Reviewed 26 August 2012 via mobile

Everything was top notch except the sleeping.
DO NOT stay near an elevator. I didnt hear any people going up and down, just the mechanical noise of the elevator

Drinks and snack at night were well received.
Breakfast was excellent

Walking distance to MUCH to include the convention center.
I will/would stay there agaun

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I've got to admit I like the Embassy suite franchise, normally. Unfortunately this particular hotel has a few comfort issues. Firstly the staff were great and when I requested a room move were very accommodating given that the hotel was full. The building is old and worn and once away from the lobby could be classed as worn out in places. The lifts are antiquated, slow small and noisy, I say noisy because they can be heard from the rooms at night when the ambient noise is at its lowest. The four lifts are located on the two sides of the atrium (not the front or back sides), oddly they make no noise descending on pneumatic jacks but are noisy on the ascent which is conventional (old) equipment. We got moved from a side room (lift noise) and sporadic a/c noise to a front (i drive) room which did not have the lift or sporadic a/c mutterings however, as the sun went down the Bahamas breeze and Howl at the Moon nightclubs kicked off. Great, thumping disco noise spilling through the single glazed windows until 0200. Add to that the fact that tourist groups arrived and discovered their balconys and decided to have drinks parties it was nigh on a sleep deprivation exercise for 6 nights. As I said the staff were great, the drinks were great, the pools were good and the breakfast was good, the business suite was good as was the parking. Just take your earplugs, I warned you.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank toussaint551
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2012

On arrival the staff were very pleasant and gave us our suite number.
The room was large with 2 double beds in the main bedroom and a pull out double sofa bed in the lounge. There were 2 large flat screen TV's, a microwave, coffee maker, fridge, table and chairs and plently of storage space. The bathroom was fine with a powerful shower plus there was an extra vanity sink in the main bedroom.
Breakfast is plentiful with as much to eat as you want, either omlettes cooked to order, a full breakfast, cereal, fruit,yogurts, bagels, toast, buns and drinks. Breakfast does finish promptly at 9.30 so it was a challenge for my kids to make it everyday, however it is fine to take food back up to your suite.
5.30 - 7.30 is the managers cocktail party where you can drink just about anything for free within this time. They also lay on some snacks such as popcorn, tacos, pitta bread and dip etc. The outdoor pool is fairly small but usually quiet, there is also a kids pool, a hot tub, plenty of chairs / tables/parasols and sunbeds. Staff are happy to take food / drink orders around the pool and bring them out to you.Towels are also provided.
The indoor pool is relaxing and also boasts a hot tub. There is also a small gym. The hotel also has a shop which is handy but quite expensive. The restaurant is also nice and welcoming.
There are transfers to all parks morning and evening but a taxi to Universal is only $14 or you can catch the lynx bus (opp side of road to hotel).
To get to sea world and aquatica catch either Lynx or i ride (same side of road) the hotel are also happy to hand out daily i ride passes.
For good quality food and cheap drinks head across the road to the right approx. 100 yrds to Millars Ale House. It is a noisy sports bar but the food is good. Dennys is across the road, sizzlers to the right and friendlys to the left along tith a host of many extra bars / restaurants. We have been to Florida as a family 5 times over the past 9 years and we did notice quite significant price increases this year. However it is still one amazing holiday.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel is quite noisy as its on international drive, so try ask for a room facing th...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Vickylcarter
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Just what I expected and a great hotel, convenient location, free parking and a good restaurant for a business traveler. Staff was friendly. Outside pool was inviting. Free breakfast was very busy during this time of the year as there were lots of families doing the orlando scene. Easy to grab a muffin, banana and a cup of coffee. Lots of other restaurant choices in walking distance. Definitely would return on future business trips.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Georgia
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We usually use Embassy Suites because of the high quality. This hotel is the exception. Although the people were very nice at this hotel the building needs work. We had small roaches and other bugs in our room (7th floor), the towels were worn and stained and the toilet seat was broken. This place needs major work.

Room Tip: Maybe use the other Embassy Suites down the road
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank traveler699Georgia
J-Parkinson, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Hello and thank you for taking the time to post this review! I appreciate your candid thoughts and will be sharing them with the team. I apologize we did not meet your expectations and I can assure you I take your comments with the highest urgency.

John L. Parkinson
John.parkinson@hilton.com
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Having been v.disappointed at another Hotel on a previous visit we booked the Embassy having read the good reviews on here. We were not disappointed and we would book again. The staff are really friendly, the free Breakfast is awesome and kept us going till evening and the Managers Evening reception looked really good fun and was always popular. We didn't get there because we were rushing around but maybe next year!
The suites are well maintained and comfortable and the Hotel threw in two free movies which was a nice touch. We had also emailed the hotel prior to arriving, requesting a specific floor, and the General Manager responded by return which was impressive.
The location of this hotel is also really handy and you avoid the I-Drive jams at week-ends/evenings when heading to the parks.
Having said all that I feel a bit guilty about being critical but there were two things that we feel could be improved. Firstly, there are no room safes and we think these would be a good edition. There are safety Deposit boxes at reception (which are free) and we did use these hwver a personal safe in the room would be better. Secondly, the curtains for the windows that face out on to the walkway don't fully close so you can be sitting in your room and people can see you sitting there. I kind of found that a bit off putting.

All in all however, I would have no hesitaion in recommendinh this hotel and will ceratinly return.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DerryChristy21
Hello and thank you for taking the time to post this review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, and the highest compliment we can receive is your loyalty and recommendation. I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to the team!
Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon… we will have a drink next time!

Have a “Suite” Day!