Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center
Ranked #123 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I've stayed here twice now. What this hotel has going for it is its location on I Drive: it's in easy walking distance to lots of restaurants, Walgreens, the Orlando visitor centre and the iRide trolley. It couldn't be more convenient.

The hotel itself is pretty dated and could probably do with a refurb, but it's very clean and the rooms are big. It's handy having a fridge and coffee maker, but I thought it a bit mean to just provide paper cups in the room: some proper cups would be appreciated. The beds are very big and comfortable. And the toiletries are very nice, and also include hair conditioner.

There are safety deposit boxes available at reception - no in-room safes. I find this quite tedious; having to wait at reception for access to a safety box most days.

The breakfast is included in the price, and it's okay, with a cooking station, some fruit and some cereals. There is a two-hour 'happy hour' each evening where certain drinks are free. This is a nice touch.

Overall, a good stay - a reasonably priced hotel, convenient location, clean, comfortable bed, and breakfast and evening drinks included. I'd stay here again on my next Florida trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room overlooking I Drive.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,984)

Reviewed 15 March 2014

My family had stayed at this property on two other occasions and liked it very much. I booked a last minute spring break trip and we arrived around 8pm Friday. Although we checked out the view from the bedroom of the suite upon arrival and noticed the heavy traffic noise from I-4 highway, I didn't think much of it. Well, when we tried to settle in much later I realized how loud the sound was and it was clear I wouldn't be able to stand it. I called the front desk to politely ask if there was another room and was told there wasn't but the woman offered to transfer us the next day while we were out at a theme park. I said we would be back late and she said to just leave everything by the door when we left and they would transfer our stuff to the new room. Then she offered to give me a 50%discount on the Friday night rate for the inconvenience. i took it. The next morning I felt compelled to ask at the front desk to confirm the plan, and as soon as I gave my old room number the man knew what I was asking about and said the message had been sent from the night shift and they would take care of it as it had been explained the night before. We got back after 10pm and the woman (this is now the third person at the front desk to deal with us) had the new keys ready. All our stuff was waiting in a room that wasn't facing the highway. But there's more. They had left two notes. One was a card from the front desk staff apologizing for the inconvenience and offering any further assistance to "make it right." The other was from someone whose name I couldn't quite make out and it said to please look in the cooler (mini fridge). The note was sitting on the bar with two plates and silverware. In the fridge was a big plate of fresh cut fruit covered in plastic. What a nice gesture - very thoughtful (and delicious!). I should mention that the hotel is one we really like because it has great amenities (heated outdoor pool plus an indoor pool), full cooked-to-order breakfast free of charge, all suite rooms, and a good location. The staff really did their best for us and I am definitely going to go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are like me and wake easily, you should ask for a room that does not directly face the highwa...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeanette T
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed at this Embassy Suites while visiting Sea World. The hotel is conveniently located to the park (approximately 3 miles). Given it's proximity to all of the theme parks and International Drive the property has obviously been used. However, the site is well maintained and the staff is great. I would definitely recommend it for a family visiting the area and looking for reasonably priced accommodations.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed here on business for 5 days and it was perfectly adequate. The breakfasts were as good as one would need when I didn't have early morning meetings. It is close enough to the convention center that a walk isn't out of the question in the cooler early morning hours.

Those that like to swim (laps) there is a great pool just around the corner that is $5 to enter for a good early morning workout.

Tons of dining options nearby by walking or a very quick cab.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again for business.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Highway... not overly noisy, but if you are sensitive to sound, it will...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed here for two weeks in feb/march and really enjoyed the hotel and what it had to offer.All staff from the reception area right through to the room maids were cheerful and helpful.
The breakfast was lovely and always plenty of things to choose from. The barman who served the managers complimentry drinks of an evening was a gem always wanting to talk and see what you had been doing that day and nothing was too much of a problem.The room itself was very spacious and it was nice cos in normal hotels you have just got the bedroom to relax in where here you have an entire suite.Perfectly located in the middle of international drive.Was very dubious beforehand about the hotel safety deposit boxes being in reception but dont worry because the security measures to access your box is excellent. Loved the sauna and jacuzzi area and gym. Anybody thinking of booking this hotel to stay in do it you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I really loved staying at this hotel, it is clean and serves a good breakfast Embassy style. I arrived on the 27th March 2014 and the Manager on duty was particularly helpful, very warm, personable and friendly. I would definitely visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura A
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed here on business and enjoyed the breakfast and reasonable walk to the convention center (yes, it's closer to 1 mile but it's on the same side of the road as the Embassy and is not a bad walk). I found my room to be just fine - no complaints. My room did face "Howl at the Moon", which is right across the street, and I heard loud music up until it closed. If you can't sleep with voices and a subwoofer filling the air, make sure you ask for a room not facing I-drive.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank maxpaste
Travellers also viewed these Orlando hotels
Florida Center
Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center
Florida Center
Hampton Inn Orlando International Drive/Convention Center
Hyatt Regency Orlando
#32 of 341 in Orlando

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center

Address: 8978 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819-9321
Region: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
#107 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
Price Range: £113 - £323 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center 3.5*
Deluxe, all suite hotel located in the convenient, exciting International Drive area, surrounded by a variety of dining, entertainment and shopping venues. Accommodations are spacious one-bedroom suites with microwave, refrigerator & coffee maker. All guests enjoy a Complimentary Breakfast and free evening beverages daily! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando - International Drive / Orlando
Embassy Suites Orlando
Orlando Embassy Suites
Embassy Suites By Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center Florida