Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center
Ranked #154 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Very satisfied with our experience. This hotel is very clean. They have a very friendly staff and it was in a very conveniently located to everything. This was our third time staying at this specific hotel and we will definitely stay here again. On check out day, since we were not in a hurry, it was really nice to have a noon checkout.

1  Thank Mark G
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - International Drive / Convention Center

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Why pay crazy money to stay at Disney? This hotel is perfect for families headed to universal or disney. There are dozens of restaurants nearby and numerous attractions, and we saved enough on this stay alone to pay for multi-day entrance tix to competing parks. Breakfast is included, what a steal!

1  Thank James A
A TripAdvisor Member
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel was excellent.The staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were very clean and the food was good. It is in a good location being walking distance from a wide variety of restaurants and ha good transport links to all the theme parks

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I'd booked this room a couple months in advance for a special occasion as part of a trip with my wife. I thought Embassy Suites were really nice places, but the room we were giving was a little worn out and needed a better cleaning. They gave us another room after we complained (their only other available room) and it was not much better. It wasn't a big deal to me but there were a couple pubic hairs under the toilet seat and my wife was grossed out. We ended up leaving the hotel and found somewhere else. The hotel refunded the normally "non-refundable" hotel points I had used to book (they were good about that). I ended up using the "hotel tonight" app to find a really night hotel room for only slightly more money with their last minute rates and their HOTEL_TONIGHT promo code that gave me an additional $25 off. I think that the Embassy Suites is probably normally fine for a family stay, but I was way off booking it as part of a romantic get-a-way weekend trip.

Room Tip: The hotel tonight app with the "hotel_tonight" promo code saved me.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a older hotel but nice. I was there on a Fri & Sat and it was so busy....evening reception had a longggggg line, but the bartenders were great and were serving with a smile. Breakfast was the same long lines and very crowded but there were employees everywhere and they were all very helpful, and breakfast was delish!. This hotel has an indoor pool,jacuzzi, and sauna and also an outdoor pool and jacuzzi and what appeared to be little kiddie pool which was very shallow.The deepest point was I think 4/5 ft or so? I expected a little bigger and deeper. The rooms were decent but I did not the bathrooms vanites were a little worn. < Not the usual at an Embassy. My room was on the side facing I-4 and it was noisy but i wasnt bothered by it but if your a light sleep ask for a room on opposite side. There are several restaurants all within walking distance next door and across the street.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from I-4 if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Krystle M
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Let me start by saying this wasn’t the worst hotel experience I’ve had, but there was a lot that could have been improved upon that would have made it exceptional. I originally had booked a AAA rate of $170/night, but a few days before we left I happened upon an internet ad for a lower rate and called and got it for $125 instead. For this price, we think it was an good stay, if we had paid $170, not so much.

Overall Pros:

Location convenient on International Drive, easy/free parking, very nice staff, free food/drinks for breakfast and evening reception, large room (with door between the 2 areas).

Overall Cons:

They seem to be understaffed, in need of better organization for the breakfast and evening reception hours. The service/cleanliness of the room was inconsistent.

First Impressions:

The onsite parking was free and easy, the inside was very nice and it had a waterfall feature and both an indoor and outdoor pool. Our room was #217 and was reasonably clean, but a chair at the dining table was missing and there was some wear and tear on the furniture. The view was a half size window, which my kids couldn’t see out of, and the view was of the top of the 1st floor roof. It also had a spotlight on it that shone in the window all night. What I didn’t realize at the time, since we had no “view,” was that we were on the side facing the interstate and it was VERY loud all 3 nights we were there. The beds were terrible and one of them was broken. Luckily, I always bring my “fix it” husband with me and he reattached the caster wheel that had fallen off. There weren’t enough towels for the 4 of us, so I tried to call the front desk, several times, but no one answered. In fact, no one answered at the front desk any time we tried to call throughout our stay. The entire room could use a deep clean and maintenance, the tub and grout wasn’t clean enough and you could see dirt on the walls and in the corner of the floors in the bathroom.

Service of the Room:

The first full day we were there, our room was serviced and done well. The second full day we were out on 2 occasions for several hours between 9-11:30 and then again from 11:30-1:00, our room was never serviced. This led to another round of unanswered phone calls for more towels and overflowing garbage.

The free breakfast and evening reception were free, that’s the best thing I can say about it. The lines for drinks and food were ridiculous, nothing a little organization couldn’t solve. One night they had 2 lines for drinks, one for mixed drinks and one for others. This night the line moved the fastest. Also, I am almost positive there are people walking off the street and into the hotel to partake of the free evening reception. My husband and I disagree about breakfast. He liked the fresh omelets made to order and enjoyed the service of the cooks. I thought the breakfast was greasy and the bacon/sausage was cold and tasteless. There also weren’t many healthy options. The lines were also a problem; there was an Express line for the hot food, not made to order. I got yelled at by others in line when they thought I was “cutting,” because the signage was inconsistent.

We stay in Orlando for our “stay-cation” every year and I’m not sure if we will plan to stay here again or not. Like I said in the beginning, not the best…not the worst…

Room Tip: Be aware, the rooms on the back side of the hotel face the interstate and it is very noisy.
1  Thank Adrienne L
Reviewed 26 July 2014

this hotel is in a great location. we were able to walk everywhere . the evening management happy hour was great. we went with 3 other couples and a the best time. this hotel was both indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs.plus you get a cooked to order breakfast . great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends