“STAY AWAY!!!”

Heritage Hotel
Heritage Hotel
Ranked #320 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 10 July 2007

This was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had! The grounds are dirty and not taken care of at all. The staff is rude and unhelpful. The rooms are disgusting! There was blood on the comforter when I checked in, and when I reported this to the staff, they told me the stain was probably just part of the pattern. The towels had hair on them and the sink and tub both had bugs in them. There were roaches on the floor and the microwave had no plate in it. There are people hanging around the balconies and parking lot at all hours of the night, offering to sell whatever a person might want to buy. The door to our room didnt have a deadbolt on it. Needless to say, we didn't stay very long.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank etherealpunk

Reviewed 16 May 2007

Wife and I have stayed at Heritage several times. It is a good location just walking distance to Florida Mall. The pool is clean as is the hotel. Staff has always been courtious and helpful. No, it is not 5 Star, but the price is not 5 Star either. Suggest if you want bed turndown and free breakfast you pay the $$$ at other hotels, but if you are budget minded and want a good hotel at a good rate, this is it. Will be staying there again this month. California Couple

Stayed: April 2007
4  Thank maxangel
Starkville, MS
Reviewed 19 June 2006

Let's just say when my husband and I got there, we were only there for 5 minutes. We did not even get into our room and didn't even see the room. The door to our room was dead bolted from the inside. We went up to the front desk, turned in our key, and went down the road to a much better hotel. But just looking at us being there for 5 minutes can give anyone an idea of the hotel.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
England
Reviewed 23 April 2006

We have just returned from a holiday in Orlando during which we booked the Heritage Hotel for our two weeks accommodation.

On arrival we noticed that this was not a hotel as desribed on the various websites I visited before booking, but a Motel consisting of several seperate rooms which were completely unattached from the hotel.

Most of the rooms in this motel were rented to local poeple, as a result there were often fights and drug dealing taking place.

Our particular room was problematic as the Air Conditioning would not work, we tried on several ocaisions to get the management to deal with this problem to no avail, we were eventually offered another room after 7 days of stifling heat.

On entering the second room we found that it was infested with Cockroaches, this of course was the final straw and we left on the eighth day to find more comfortable accommodation.

I fully understand that you get what you pay for in this world but we did not expect vermin dirty surroundings and cockroaches.

• Stayed: April 2006
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 February 2006

Filthy roach infested flop house. Did not stay because we feared for our lives. Blood on pillow cases and mattress. drug deals take place in the breezeways. Stay at the quality inn down the street for $33.00 per night.

• Stayed: February 2006
11  Thank mike3797
Reviewed 9 August 2005

The landscaping, furniture, and room were okay except that the bathroom had mold growing from ceiling. The customer service is horrible from the front desk to housekeeping. For instance, when you call hotel directly they don't answer phone Heritage Hotel, just Hello. When it was time to check out housekeeping kept banging on my door telling me that I was supposed to check out at 11am and it was only 11:30am. Cmon, why is housekeeping bangin on my door when the frontdesk has my credit card information and they have like 36 rooms empty. I would not stay ther again if I visited Orlando, I wanted to leave after 1st day but it would have cost me more to leave then to stay. With this in mind, I would recommend staying at Super 8 motel, Best Western, or Ramada they are only like $3-15 more a night but the customer service, free breakfast, rooms and facilites are worth it. Peace out

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled on business
6  Thank NVRGO2THESAMEPLACE2X
Wimbledon, London, U.K.
Reviewed 11 May 2005

My wife and I recently stayed at the Heritage Hotel on Orange Blossom Trail.We both thought that it was perfectly adequate given that it is a "budget" hotel.The hotel has a nice pool area , a small bar (which had erratic opening hours) and a restaurant.The staff were very friendly and the room was serviced and linen changed daily.
This hotel is probably not so suitable for families with young children , it is on a very busy road and the nearby stores and Florida Mall are a hair-raising but short trek for the intrepid pedestrian.
We hired a car and found a nearby Walmart , Bealls and Denny's about five minutes' drive away. Universal and International Drive are about 10 minutes away.
There do seem to be some long-term guests/tenants at this hotel so not everyone staying there is a tourist.You get what you pay for , a nice , clean , safe base for your holiday.

• Stayed: May 2005