This is the best economy hotel I've stayed in so far. The carpet in the hallway was very dirty but I didn't really care because the cleanliness of the room was superb. My room door was almost broken. I had to insert my keys 4-5 times before it really opened.
-Free Shuttle to Universal and Disney-
The free shuttle to the Universal Studios only came at 11.30 am something. Since the hotel was only 20 minutes walk from the Universal, we decided to walk early in the morning to maximize the time that we had at the parks. However the hotel was pretty far from Disney. The last shuttle that left Disney to the hotel at night was at 10pm. Since we wanted to stay and see the fireworks and the night show, we had to take a cab to go back to the hotel. It would cost you approximately 50 bucks.
-WiFi, Breakfast, Nearby Shops & Restaurants-
The WiFi was free but only limited at the lobby area. There were lots of souvenir shops nearby. More than 10 I think. The complimentary breakfast was nothing much. Just bagels, toasts, and cereals. Well, it is just an economy hotel after all. But there were plenty of nearby restaurants that served breakfast buffet (for only about $5 per person). If you're a Muslim, this hotel was a perfect place for you because there is a halal restaurant nearby (3 minutes walk).
-Transportation to the Hotel-
The hotel is also right in front of the bus line. So from the airport, I took public bus and stopped right in front of the hotel. Although it was an hour ride, it only cost me $2. There was a shuttle, but that that would cost you $17-19 per person. If you choose to take taxi, it would cost you $45-50.
I booked through Hotels.com. It was really worth the money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Orlando Floridian Express Hotel is located on world renowned International Drive, offers 218 spacious guest rooms and is conveniently located at the entrance to Universal Orlando. We provide a high-quality alternative for a wide range of travelers because we offer added amenities not found in many other hotels. We offer free daily Continental breakfast, free Internet and complimentary scheduled shuttle to Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort daily. We are within walking distance to an abundant number of shops, restaurants, and nighttime entertainment. Visit our heated pool and Tiki Bar! All guestrooms at the Floridian Express Orlando Hotel boast large windows, blond-wood furnishings and tropical-style décor in shades of teal and pink. Amenities include 25-inch televisions with premium cable channels and personal safes. Microwaves and mini fridges in all of the rooms. Your stay includes free deluxe continental breakfast, transportation to the parks, free safe box in rooms, free local phone calls, and wireless internet access in every room including the lobby and pool area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Floridian Express reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Express Orlando
- Metropolitan Express Hotel Orlando
- Drive Inn
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Floridian Express Orlando, Florida