“DON'T STAY HERE”

Ranked #296 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Cliffside Park
“DON'T STAY HERE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Terrible! Rude and inattentive front desk and tiki bartenders, no elevators, "heated" pool was freezing, "deluxe" breakfast consisted of bread, cereal and mini bagels. I booked this place through an agent and paid in full before checking in. I paid the $5 daily charge with my debit card with which management took the liberty of charging me again without any notification or authorization. I was told it would take 5 business days to have over $500 of erroneous charges removed from my debit card account. This place sucked and apparently staff and management were incompetent. Never again.

• Stayed April 2014
Mike B, General Manager at Floridian Express Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for your review of the Metropolitan Express. As the new management that has recently taken over the hotel, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback and it does appear in some areas we failed to meet your expectations. For these items, we sincerely apologize. With comments and feedback from our valued guests, we will work hard to improve and show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations. Hope you give us another opportunity soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
miami
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is suitable for one night only. I don't recommend staying here any longer than that. we spent the entire day at the Magic Kingdom and came here to sleep for the night. It was dirty and areas the carpet was gross the bathroom is in bad shape. the bathroom tiles on the floor are cracking and my child stubbed his toe. I would have been very disappointed if I had planned to stay here for more than just the night. but for the money it was a good value because we were only here for one night.

• Stayed April 2014

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

The place is simple, but the location is great to go to orlando's parks and shops. The breakfest doesn't offers many options.. Remember to make reservations on-line, if you get directly to the lobby they always says it is book out, don't know why...

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Armando R
Mike B, General Manager at Floridian Express Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for your review of our Metropolitan Express! We do appreciate all reviews; especially our valued return clientele! We have recently taken over as new management of the hotel and look forward to hearing more comments such as yours, where our entire staff can feel confident they are accomplishing the goal of making the Metropolitan Express as special as we feel it is to our guests. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Well, when i first got to the metropolitan express my service was delayed for 30 minutes because they had numerous issues at the front desk. Secondly, i noticed the stinch around the ENTIRE hotel...my room was very outdated, from the carpet to the tv...not to mention there was a musty smell that stuck to the room, even after spraying. The bedding stinks really bad as if they did not wash the sheets in a long time. Do not waste your money.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Simone W
Thank you for your review of the Express. As part of the new management team that has recently came in, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your comments and we believe we have failed to meet your expectations. For failing you, we sincerely apologize. We appreciate comments and feedback from our valued guests, as it helps us work harder to improve and correct our failings. Hope you give us another opportunity soon to show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations!
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed here feb last year for 3 weeks , it was basic but ok free breakfast which was good for children free tea and coffee all day everyday a launderette whitch was cheap to use also free shuttle bus to parks . My husband and our soon to be 3 children are planing to visit again and would stay here again as it was close to everything and value for money .

• Stayed February 2014
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I was hesitant about booking this hotel after all of the reviews on here, but the price was right and we were only staying one night so I figured, why not? When my friend and I checked in yesterday, I was instantly glad I had decided to give it a try. Sara, the girl at the desk, checked us in and was very pleasant. She really made us feel welcome and "at home" after a long day of travel. The lobby was nice enough and Sara quickly gave us keys to our room, a room with two beds overlooking the pool. The easy access to the courtyard and the pool was great. I also really appreciated having a microwave and fridge and can imagine if I was staying for a longer how convenient that would be. Later in the evening we came down to the desk to ask some questions about the area and Sara again was there with a smile ready and willing to answer everything for us and even give us some extra pointers. I will be sure to come back again the next time I visit the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Met_Management_Team, General Manager at Floridian Express Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

After booking I read some of these reviews and almost canceled but I'm glad I didn't. We went to the hotel in the morning because I was unable to print out my daughters ticket to the park. One of the staff gladly gave me an E-Mail to forward it to and printed it for me. We got back about 6:30 and had no wait for check-in. Our room was clean and had no bugs. ( I even checked the beds ) We had a ground floor pool side which was great because the slider gave you outside access. There was also a small patio with a table and chairs. I would also recommend eating at Black Angus right next door. We enjoyed dinner so much we went back in the morning for the breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Ground floor poolside