“Good enough but just.”
Review of Floridian Express

Floridian Express
Ranked #294 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This was our 4th time to Orlando and knowing that all we would use our hotel for would be to sleep in we took a chance on this budget hotel. Upon arrival we were greeted by Sarah the receptionist, quickest and most friendly check in ever. She gave us a room overlooking the pool with very little traffic outside our door. The room was ok. The tv old and the lamp a little temperamental but we didnt go to Orlando to sit in the room watching tv and reading. The breakfast was good considering it was free. Juice and coffee, cereal, bagels,bread for toast and either muffins or pastries. Ok, it's not the healthiest breakfast but it's free so if you dont like it go to ponderrosa and pay for it but dont complain about a free one. The lady in charge of breakfast has a difficult job at times keeping up with demand but was always in good humour. The only area that we thought let the hotel down was the cleaning. The rooms were ok to an extent, clean towels daily and the beds were changed regularly but the bathroom needed more attention. the one thing that really bothered me was the stairwells. They looked as if they were never finished being decorated and then left that way for a long time. I dont think they are cleaned, ever. The handrails are grimey and the steps always have sweetwrappers etc thrown around. While we were there a drinking cup was left at the bottom of a handrail. It was still there when we left 9 days later. Would I stay here again???? Maybe, common areas need a little tlc though.

Room Tip: Ask for room with pool view or elsechances are you will be looking at either the interstate 4 or a...
1  Thank lisadooley1
Mike B, General Manager at Floridian Express, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear guest. Thank you for taking the time to leave a response. We do appreciate our guests letting us know the good and bad so we can make every effort to improve the hotel and the stays of every guest.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,580)

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I booked for 3 nights after I saw what the room was like I wanted to cancel I was told I paid up front so no refund. Room had stains on sheets,mold in bathroom air conditioner is so loud you cannot hear yourself think. The curtains were stuck to the windows and did not seal letting all the heat in and that is why the air would not shut off and would not cool the room. I am leaving anyway and will trygetting a refund later

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Mike B, General Manager at Floridian Express, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Guest, Please accept my apologies that your stay was not up to your satisfaction. We are trying very hard to ensure that every guests stay is an enjoyable one. We do hope that next time you are in Orlando you do give us another chance to see the changes that have been made.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

After reading reviews on here this one came up good value for money. When u are out at the parks all day you just need a nice cozy bed and a place to store your stuff. When we stepped I did smell a little damp, but the air con is always put on when the room is cleaned and the room has carpets so think that's is why, also the sheets did feel damp because of this. The smoke alarm was bleeping as we entered the room, so after we dumped the suitcases in we informed reception and went to get so food, by the time we were back it was sorted. In the room there is a fridge and a microwave plus a hairdryer. Towels supplied in room and by pool. My bathroom door didn't lock but we were family so didn't matter so never reported. I was on ground floor opposite pool and tiki bar entertainment was not on our agender so don't know what others would expect you could purchase a drink and food and they do have things going on like poker night ect. The pool my girls loved not to busy and could swim at 10.00 pm. Yes photo's are true (sunloungers ) Breakfast is the same every day toast jam cream cheese, 4 types of cereals. Cakes ,Tea, coffee and fruit juices. They dont like you filling up your drink bottles for the parks.(understandable) And loverly ladies who provide more when needed, they just ask for you to clear away behind you and your children oh and leave them your spare change for their tip bins..it do get buzy at the weekends and some guest's while we were there was very noisy at 12-1am. After being in park all day this can be very upsetting. I was advised that I should have called front desk who would have sent security. Over all for what I payed for 18 nights plus the resort fee I was more than happy the bed was very comfy better than home and that's what mattered to me the most..I would stay here again you are right on all the things you would need and want to do with transfers to parks and I trolly to sea world,aquatica. We had a car to go to bush gardens it's over a hr away in tempa. Wet and wild opposite and universal 10 mins in car. Shop and dq's next door. Best western is where we had dinner six times in our stay they offer a buffet with lots to choose from good if your family likes different foods and they refill your coffee. They do breakfast lunch and dinner. Motel is cleaned very day and yes there is things that need repalacing or not working and outdated as overhearing at reception but be polite and maintance come round to sort it .

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Debbie H

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Metropolitan Express. Although your stay was satisfying we would like to make it the BEST! With helpful comments such as yours we truly believe we will be able to accomplish that in the near future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I read a few bad reviews about this hotel after I had already booked it and was a little apprehensive when I pulled up to the front door. The place was clean and accommodating without being overly friendly. The room was large and generally quiet. I slept soundly every night but my last. The breakfast was adequate and had more coffee than I could drink. (I love coffee).
There was a nice little bar on the premises. the I trolley stopped at the front driveway and it was one of the first stops so I always had a seat. There were a LOT of restaurants within walking distance and many souvenier shops nearby. ( The "Everything Under $1.99 was the BEST)
My favorite part of this property was the clientel. There were people from all over the world. It was a melting pot of Disney vacationers. Its not a 5 star resort but for the money, its a bargain.

Room Tip: First floor near the pool made getting breakfast a breeze.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank luvlife0
Mike B, General Manager at Floridian Express, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback of your stay. The next time we truly hope you will be able to give us 5's on everything. As part of the new management company we strive to make every stay a positive one. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Okay the rooms where not what was requested.
The pool was un-heated, which even in April means damn cold.
The childrens pool was filthy.
Unreliable electrics,

Okay a family holiday, so the stay calls for two rooms. Neither room is near each other, despite being booked together as a FAMILY booking while one room has no A/C to speak of, while the other has no extractor fan for the bathroom.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest, Please accept my sincere apologies that your stay was not as pleasant as you would have liked. As part of the new management company we strive to make sure every stay is a pleasant one. We do hope in the future you will give us another chance as we are working hard to make sure every guest has a pleasant stay.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed here with our 8 year old son for 1 week as part of a 2 week trip in early April 2014. I had not particularly wanted to stay at this hotel but it was recommended by family members who we were travelling with as they had stayed before and informed us it's great location near wet and wild would be perfect and that the hotel itself was basic but clean and included a nice breakfast to keep us going through the day (none of this apart from location turned out to be true).
We checked into the hotel fairly late in the evening and grabbed some snacks and headed to the room for a shower and sleep after a long day of flying from LHR. Well what can I tell you, the one thing that is the most important to me...cleanliness was not apparent in this hotel! I went to shower our 8 year old and found a big clump of hair in the shower ...well that set me off and I then found hairs stuck to the shower curtain, hairs and dirt all over the bathroom floor, scum and black mould around the sink and brown marks in the toilet (they came off when wiped eughhhh) I cleaned as best I could just to remove the main hairs and dirt etc finished showering the child and myself. I then looked on the bedside table and found thick dust including eyelashes etc and had to again give it a wipe as I couldn't bear it, by the time I went to get into the bed I could barely force myself to lay down as I imagined the dirt and germs all around me....my partner was in agreement with me and we decided that we would probably move hotels in the morning especially as we had requested a quiet room but were near to the bar and could hear people chatting until the early hours and the a/c unit etc were super old and noisy too! Plus the room was damp and smelt of this dampness and the window was dirty with a red tinge all over..... On awaking we went down to reception and spoke to a very helpful lady called Sarah who saved the day by sorting out a new room for us over the other side of the corridor so we would be overlooking the car park rather than the noisy bar. This suited us better although I was still worried it would be just as dirty and smelly. However this room was a marked improvement in regards to the level of cleanliness and although it still had problems such as a toilet cistern that kept running (although I soon got the knack of stopping it) and the lamps etc in the room rarely worked or were very hit and miss which was the same as in the other room, but overall it was better...
Everything in the rooms and hotel public areas and corridors is tired and in need of major renovation. The hotel could be a lot better again if time and money are spent well and in the right places. The corridor walls and carpets need updating and the rooms all need overhauling with fresh clean décor, bed linens and new up to date furniture and flat screen TV's....Plus the breakfast was a let down with only cereal, a couple of pastries, bread for toast, bagels, coffee and juices. Some fresh fruit wouldn't have gone amiss and the staff could have been more helpful when it came to replenishing the cereals etc as it seemed once something run out they would not provide any more until the next day.... One thing that really struck me at breakfast was the incredible amount of waste that this hotel must produce (although I'm sure they re not alone in this!). Everything was throwaway from the cutlery, bowls and plates to the coffee cups.....please start thinking about the World and future generations and 'save the planet' by using crockery and reusable/washable utensils/cups etc....I hated seeing all the things being tossed in the bin each and every morning..... Cereal and pastries turned out to be ample enough for us in the end and because of the room change we did decide to stick out our remaining 6 nights at the hotel so as to stay with the rest of our party and make for an easier life all round. (incidentally they also changed rooms due to the noise probs and again a smelly, dank room). The hotel was bearable in the end but not somewhere I would choose to stay again from any perspective. Although I did have another good experience with another staff member who helped me out on the reception by lending me her personal sewing kit in order to make hasty repairs to a shoe, so I would rate the reception staff that I dealt with as of a higher standard than the hotel that they work in....but I hope this can be improved and rectified in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a clean room away from the noisy bar area if you are travelling with children and will be li...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest, I do apologize that the hotel did not meet your standards. As part of the new management company we strive to make every guests stay a pleasant one. I do hope that you will try us again in the future as we are working diligently to bring the hotel up to everyone's standards.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Terrible! Rude and inattentive front desk and tiki bartenders, no elevators, "heated" pool was freezing, "deluxe" breakfast consisted of bread, cereal and mini bagels. I booked this place through an agent and paid in full before checking in. I paid the $5 daily charge with my debit card with which management took the liberty of charging me again without any notification or authorization. I was told it would take 5 business days to have over $500 of erroneous charges removed from my debit card account. This place sucked and apparently staff and management were incompetent. Never again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Mike B, General Manager at Floridian Express, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for your review of the Metropolitan Express. As the new management that has recently taken over the hotel, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback and it does appear in some areas we failed to meet your expectations. For these items, we sincerely apologize. With comments and feedback from our valued guests, we will work hard to improve and show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations. Hope you give us another opportunity soon!