We have recently returned from a 10 night stay here and we got exactly what we expected, a budget hotel.....that's what we paid for!! Some people have reviewed this place expecting it to be 4 stars and been disappointed....what would you expect for £25 a night including breakfast?
Believe the other reviews, we experienced many of the same things:
Yes the corridors are hot and a bit smelly
Yes the wi-fi is only in the lobby, there are lots of people using it and it's slow
Yes the decor is dated
Yes you are likely to have some mould/rust in and around the bath
Yes our safe didn't work on the first night (but we were moved room the next day)
Yes our bathroom door was too big for its opening (but that just made us laugh!!)
Yes there are only 20 tv (sometimes fuzzy) channels (but who goes to Orlando to watch tv??)
Yes the breakfast options are limited (but it's included in the price and more than adequate to start you off on a day that's likely to include thousands of calories in your other meals anyway)
Yes the air-con is noisy
Yes the entry doors are left open (which actually does make you feel a little unsafe)
Yes the pool area is a bit scruffy
Yes the ice machines don't work (but there is a fridge in the room)
Yes our bathroom tap came off in your hand (again we just giggled)
Yes some of the staff were less than friendly (but others were lovely)
So if you're the sort of person who's holiday is going to be ruined by having to briefly walk down a hot, smelly corridor then this is NOT the hotel for you! If you want or are expecting luxury, again, this is NOT the hotel for you.
If on the other hand you're willing to spend your time outside the hotel and rough it a bit for the couple of hours you are inside, we found this hotel had:
A clean, comfortable bed
A great location for Universal parks (1 minute walk to wet n wild, 15 minute walk to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure saving $17 a day in parking fees)
A budget friendly price tag
We read the other reviews of the hotel, still booked and still had an amazing holiday.
My only major complaint with this hotel is that they took our resort fee TWICE. We paid the fee ($50 + tax) in cash at the front desk on our arrival. We returned home to find the fee had been taken from our credit card as well. We were not informed that the fee had been taken a second time, we did not authorise it, sign for it or receive any paperwork to say it had been taken (or we would have queried it at the time). Despite having contacted the hotel a number of times via their website enquiry page (the only form of email I can find for them) we have still not received an acknowledgement, reply or refund. Be sure to bear this in mind if you choose to pay your resort fee in cash!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Orlando Floridian Express Hotel is located on world renowned International Drive, offers 218 spacious guest rooms and is conveniently located at the entrance to Universal Orlando. Floridian Express International Drive is in the heart of Orlando, walking distance from Wet 'n Wild and SkyVenture Orlando. This family-friendly hotel is within close proximity of Pirate's Dinner Adventure and Titanic the Experience. We provide a high quality alternative for a wide range of travelers because we offer added amenities not found in many other hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Floridian Express Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolitan Express Orlando
- Metropolitan Express Hotel Orlando
- Drive Inn
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Floridian Express Hotel Orlando, Florida